inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Aric decides that the only way to stop the Armor Hunters is to give the what they want: the armor. However, Livewire and crew develop a plan that will stop the Hunters from destroying the planet.

Right off the bat, the art from Doug Braithwaite and colors from Laura Martin. The artwork on this issue is breathtaking and the colors are vibrant and stunning. Braithwaite nails it when it comes to establishing shots and stoic moments for some of these characters. Braithwaite gives each panel a new angle, so at no time does the book become stale seeing shot after shot of straight on medium shots. The art shows a great deal of movement and Braithwaite gives this book a very cinematic feel, which is perfect for an event of this magnitude.

Speaking of the event as a whole, this is how events should be done. The main book feels like a great summer blockbuster, while the tie-ins tell how these characters fit in the world, and more importantly, they're relevant. The book moves a great pace and from what we see of the secondary Valiant characters here, they all have purpose. Spoiler: I'm not a Bloodshot fan, but I love his role in this book. It feels like a very natural fit. That probably the best part of the series as a whole. Writer Robert Venditti has these events happening naturally and organically. Nothing feels shoved down the reader's throats or overdone.

The story here mainly revolves around Livewire's plan and what happens because of it. She's an essential part of the issue and story, especially because of her part in early issues of UNITY. Because of her actions, that leaves the story in a very interesting place and really changes where the story is going. There's nothing predictable about this book.

The Bad

With one issue of the event left, it seems like ARMOR HUNTERS has an extreme amount of ground to cover before the event is concluded. While there are a few Aftermath tie-ins coming along as well, it sees like the last issue might be a bit crazy because so much has to happen.

So much of what's going on with the Armor Hunters is revealed in the past few issues of X-O MANOWAR. You really have to be reading both of these titles to get a full scope of the event.

The Verdict

Although there's a few minor issues with this book, overall, it's fantastic. This is how events should be done. Venditti, Braithwaite, and Martin provide a story full of twists and turns that feels natural and not forced. As great as the issue is, fans won't be able to stop thinking about where this is headed and what the aftermath is going to be like. Overall, I highly recommend this issue and this event, especially the tie ins.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First

Also, another reason why Valiant is the BEST publisher

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I agree. Another fantastic issue for this event. I do hope that the ending isn't rushed because it would be a shame to have that bring down a well conceived and executed story. Definitely looking forward to seeing how they wrap this up.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this book, and the Valiant universe

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another fantastic issue.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've only read the first two issues but I have to admit I don't feel like MUCH has actually happened in this event. I'm enjoying it but.... hmm.

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I'm right there with ya. It seems every issue just recaps everything then adds a page or two. Pretty annoying, harbinger wars was a MUCH better event by this time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This event has had a lot of cataclysmic explosions.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@superiorbeast

I have been enjoying it however I've been enjoying the Tie ins MUCH more!

My favorite being the X-O Manowar tie in. I like all that lore stuff... the Unity tie in has been decent for some cool action (although it seems weird how Bloodshot is in three places at once). I mean honestly what was the point of introducing him as a member of Unity... when he's not doing anything with the team at the moment? He's busy with his own tie in. I've not read Harbinger or Bloodshot's tie in.

Also I have to admit I don't really think the Valiant Universe is BIG enough (or connected enough) for a big event. This feels like it could have been another X-O Manowar and Unity crossover with maybe a mini series for the awesome Armor Hunter tie ins.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Armor Hunters continues to dominate.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers