- [5.8.13] Fixed multi-field filter on list calls.
- [5.8.13] Fixed role being outside the person credit set.
- [4.2.13] Amend: issues was not taken out of volume; it was taken out of story_arcs.
- [4.2.13] volume accepts multiple ids separated by a pipe for issues list call.
- [4.2.13] issue_number in the issues list call is now filterable.
- [4.2.13] The name returned in an issue call be the issue name.
- [4.2.13] Any date field filter will behave like the cover_date and store_date filter below.
- [3.29.13] To filter the cover_date and store_date fields. A single date (format: YYYY-MM-DD) is an exact match, Two dates separated by a pipe (format: YYYY-MM-DD|YYYY-MM-DD) returns an inclusive range from the first date to the second date.
- [3.29.13] Added cover_date and store_date fields to issue resource call
- [3.29.13] Removed publish_* fields from issue resource call
- Removed fields from the following resource call:
- movie: director, story_arc_credits
- person: created_teams
- team: creators, team_enemies, team_friends
- story_arc: issues
- The logic for video URLs will now follow these guidelines:
- Non-premium API users gets low_url and high_url for non-premium videos.
- Non-premium API users gets no video urls for premium videos.
- Premium API users gets the low_url, high_url and the masked hd_url for every video.
- Added version tag
- Empty values will return null instead of an empty string
- Added Youtube ID to video resource call
- Use page instead of offset to paginate through search results; extended search limit to 100
- Added sorting and filtering on the list resource calls; check out the docs for available fields. Filtering by words is greedy and case-sensitive. When filtering against ids, multiple ids can be separated by a pipe character. Example for sort and filter:
- To sort issues by its store date descending: http://beta.comicvine.com/api/issues/?api_key=API_KEY&sort=store_date:desc
- To filter for characters with the word Super in their name: http://beta.comicvine.com/api/characters/?api_key=API_KEY&filter=name:Super
- Making a singular call will require the resource's type. Calling the types resource will provide a list of types for each resource. For example, to get the concept Marvel Noir, it would be: http://beta.comicvine.com/api/concept/4015-56150/?api_key=API_KEY
- The site search accepts unicode characters so the API search call now accepts unicode characters.
What Is The Same...For Now
- Singular resource call will still accept just an id, which means http://beta.comicvine.com/api/concept/56150?api_key=API_KEY will still work.
- Added legacy support for the old sort and filter.
- The above two will be removed in 2-3 months time.
What To Expect In The Present
Initially, the first resource calls will be slow and/or timeout due to the image resizing. But subsequent calls that return the same results will be faster.
A Look to the Future
Login support, CORS support, Reverse API, New Resources
When Will The Future Arrive?