Pull all issues for a volume?

ClayM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ClayM

As far as I can see, if you want to get information on a a group off issues beyond the number & name, you have to query each one individually - so if you want to get Action Comics v1, it's going to take a while.

Am I missing another option?

If not, could the API developers put more information in <issue> node of the volume feed? Maybe even just the release date?

comictagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By comictagger

In addition to publication month and year, I would love to see the image URLs there. Would save me a TON of extra queries.

ClayM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ClayM

I'm assuming nobody is actually working on this thing any more :(

alexstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By alexstone

I am surprised that there doesn't seem to be a single issue lookup API. Or am I missing something?

flipsidenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flipsidenz

Hi all, just playing around with the API@alexstone said:

I am surprised that there doesn't seem to be a single issue lookup API. Or am I missing something?

http://api.comicvine.com/issue/<issue ID>/?api_key=ABCDEF123456&format=xml Right? @ClayM said:

As far as I can see, if you want to get information on a a group off issues beyond the number & name, you have to query each one individually - so if you want to get Action Comics v1, it's going to take a while.

Am I missing another option?

If not, could the API developers put more information in <issue> node of the volume feed? Maybe even just the release date?

Wow, what a show stopper. I just had a play around with the volumes call, and your right - how horrible. Nearly makes the API unusable - or at least I am going to have to make a heck load of API calls to visually display all Volume issues. Poor comic vine servers!
esreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By esreborn

It is possible to pull all the issues, just use /volume/<volume id>/ and grab the data from the <issues> key.

Hope that helps.

flipsidenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flipsidenz

esreborn - aware of that one, but the issues key returns extremely limited issue data - not even an image.