I've noticed how empty this board appears to be. If anyone is still out there, I'd like to try and get some input on how your experience has been with the API.
- What limitations have you ran into?
- How are you handling large requests?
- Are you scraping any of the data you pull to help off-load potential query time?
- Are you caching any results? If so, how are you handling it?
- How are you handling multiple volumes with the same title?
Personally, I'm looking into setting up a weekly cron job to scrape sets of data from Comic Vine and store it in my own database (I will of course give credit to Comic Vine and I am not looking to build a competing service/product). However, the idea of querying, let's say Amazing Spider-Man, and getting a list of 700 items, then running a loop inside each item to get even more data... It's ridiculous.
Have any of you found a more efficient way to handle this?
I'd love to discuss this API with others out there.
Out of curiosity, are there any other APIs out there?