Access to Volume type (mini-series, limited etc)

Collectrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Collectrr

Heya,  

Is there a way to get the type of Volume ie: Limited Series, One-Shot from the API? 
This would make searching for something like "Spider-Man" a lot easier. I'm working on implementing the API on Collectrr.com and a search like that currently brings back hundreds of matches. Would be great to separate the results into the Volume types; Mini-Series, Limited, One-Shots etc ... Is this data even captured by Comic Vine? 

Thanks,  
Hope all is well your side of town. 

Danny 
Collectrr.com

Cosizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cosizzle

Yep, you can use the search call, so for example say I want to search Batman: 

http://api.comicvine.com/search/?api_key=API_KEY&resources=volume&query=batman&limit=&offset=0&format=json 

Collectrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Collectrr

Thanks Cosizzle,  
Where does it mention what type of volume it is, 'Mini Series', Limited', 'One-Shot' etc ... ?   
I can't see anything in the API suggesting these attributes. Does it exist?

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By jamesewelch
@Collectrr: I don't think these exist because when we add new volumes, there's no data input elements to hold this type of data.
Collectrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Collectrr

Thanks @jamesewelch and @Cosizzle, I think I'm going to build a script to accompany the API to figure it out, based on last update, amount of issues in the volume and things like that. It won't be perfect, I can think of a dozen titles that will slip through as limited-series because the publisher loves delays. But it'll be something. 

Again, thanks for the help ...