Thor Has a Sister—Is This a Good or Bad Idea?

• 64 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Poll Thor Has a Sister—Is This a Good or Bad Idea? (348 votes)

Angela being Thor’s sister is great. I can’t wait for the new stories to come out of this. 41%
I don’t like this idea. The two characters should not have any connection. 27%
It doesn’t really matter to me. I’ll have to read more to see how this plays out. 32%

We briefly discussed this before on the podcast before the issue came out. Now that ORIGINAL SIN #5.1: THOR & LOKI THE TENT REALM #1 is out, you’ve seen how exactly it’s possible that Angela is Thor’s secret and no one knew all these years. If you haven’t read the issue, you can check out our brief summary HERE.

Remember, you have to log into your account to vote. If you don’t have one, it’s super-easy to create one. You’ll also be able to fully take part in the discussion below.

Let us know what you think of this development.

• 
SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would have like it if they made Angela Thor's rival and lover in a way..Like how Catwoman is to batman..I mean we already know that the tenth realm waged war with Asgard and was locked by Odin so the enmity between Angels and Asgardian are already there..Heck they could even follow Spawns and Angela's relationship - where Angela is always hunting spawn but end up having a relationship with him and to a degree became trusted allies..

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angela belongs to Spawn universe

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like it!

NaveTorment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm glad that Gaiman's character is finally getting the attention she deserves, if I recall she was very popular on Spawn at least among hormonal readers (such as myself). Umm.. but isn't this complicating things? I know in the past, like with Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and the Question, and even Captain Marvel, DC successfully transitioned universes, but it does get a bit confusing in the beginning, like does this mean that McFarlane's Spawn is part of the Marvel Universe now?

Avatar image for dragonescarlata
dragonescarlata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it. Angela's a great character on her own right and I don't get what's the need to give her this nonsense of an origin. Nevertheless, I'll wait to see how this plays out. :-\

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I am not opposed to Angela being part of the Asgard royal family. Its an easy way to explain why she has powers on Thor's level. Of course I don't like the ugly legal battle that led to the character being ported over from Image to Marvel. I see this as an easy way to slot her into the Marvel universe, in terms of power and importance.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I feel like most people voted yes because they like Thor, and the people who voted no like Angela.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convoluted. Dislike.

markus123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i dont know having angela as a sister to thor will cause mixed reaction and criticism ,I mean she is created by neil geilman who used her as a character in spawn and now moved to the marvel universe .Having a character from a original company now transferred to different company and now molds into a marvel character by being thor's sister and becoming the female thor what will neil geilman think of this?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hot and sexy. nice

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By arthurkerr

@kerrigan: I agree horrible idea. All of it just leave here where you found her. I think that would be best over all.

Aldrif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why?.... No, really. Why, after decades of Thor stories, all of sudden make Thor have a sister?

Aldrif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?.... No, really. Why, after decades of Thor stories, all of sudden make Thor have a sister?

In marvel her mythology best fit is Asgard (Angels and Gods), i think Thor fans hate more the female Thor stuff.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GREGalicious

I absolutely LOVE Angela and couldn't be more thrilled to have her over at Marvel. Thor is a character I knew from Avengers but wouldnt have given the time of day if it werent for loving the film. From what I have read, Thor already has SOOO many brothers and half brothers so why not a sister. I'm really excited about her upcoming series too.

I think it's hilarious that she always kinda looks at people like she wants to peel the skin off their face:-o