gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

Marvel Entertainment is excited to announce the exclusive agreement with incoming Old Man Logan artist, Andrea Sorrentino.

“I’m very, very excited about this new chapter of my career,” says Andrea Sorrentino of his exclusive agreement. “I’ve always been a huge fan of Marvel characters and I’m thrilled at what is coming in the next couple years now that I’ve joined the family full-time.”

Following critically acclaimed runs at DC Comics, Sorrentino made a splash in late 2014 with his Marvel debut, providing art for the Uncanny X-Men Annual and All-New X-Men Annual. This May, he will launch his first series for Marvel, re-teaming with superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis for the debut of OLD MAN LOGAN #1.

“Andrea brings a completely unique style to the Marvel Universe,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “From his page layouts to his design sensibilities, each and every pages is a treat. We’re looking forward to a lot of great things from him. I can’t wait for fans to get their hands on Old Man Logan later this year.”

“I really can’t express how thrilled I am to work with Brian Bendis on the new Old Man Logan series,” continued Sorrentino. “I’m working on my favorite take of my favorite Marvel character and I really can’t wait for readers to see what we have ready for them and for Logan this May with OLD MAN LOGAN #1!”

Though he may not have been at Marvel for long, Sorrentino’s bold style and incomparable storytelling skills have proven to be a valuable asset to the Marvel Universe. Quickly establishing himself as one of the industry’s brightest rising stars, Sorrentino’s artwork can also be seen this week in the pages of All-New X-Men #38 – the latest chapter of the Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Crossover.

“Working with Andrea Sorrentino is an editor’s dream,” says Marvel Executive Editor Mike Marts. “Not only is he a consummate professional, meeting every crazy deadline we throw at him—he’s also at the top of his game artistically. I have rarely seen an artist approach each page with the same rabid enthusiasm that Andrea does. He’s continually experimenting and challenging himself to find new ways to tell the story. I’m looking forward to many long years of collaboration with him!”

Once again, Marvel is excited to welcome Andrea Sorrentino’s unique style and epic visuals exclusively to OLD MAN LOGAN #1, the Marvel Universe and future Marvel projects to be announced!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

He needs to draw the new Dr Strange comic solo that's apparently coming...

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow Marvel is really taking all the best writers and artists, anyway love his work

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he's not indefinitely teamed with Bendis.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Marvel snatches another one, which DC creative team member will they snatch next.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hawkguy

Hopefully he gets good writers and storylines to work with/on. And please Marvel give artist's more time. If there's anything that's ruined artists work over at Marvel its their shitty deadlines just so extra issues can be pushed out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

It seems they are using Angel for something again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By powerplay

He needs to draw the new Dr Strange comic solo that's apparently coming...

I would love this. All of the Black Vortex versions look like they would be right at home in a Dr. Strange story. I would love to see Dormomu or Nightmare done in this style

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad he's with freaking Bendis. Put him on a solo with a good writer please.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so happy about this

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

That's nice, probably means we'll have a steady amount of Sorrentino art, which is always s plus. I do hope that he's not stuck with Bendis, they really don't mesh to me.

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nice! Put him on Doctor Strange!!!

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By superhoodie

@crystalmaster: Well it's not like the Marvel were kidnapping the artists and forcing them to work in their titles, the company simply offered a good job offer, and it was his choice to accept or not.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Never mind Dr Strange he NEEDS to be on Daredevil.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel wins again

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Love this artist. What writer would you like to see him team up with? I would like to see him do something with Jason Aaron on Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad, much more of a DC fan and Sorrentino is my favourite artist. On the plus side this may lead to me reading more Marvel!

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good art, shame he's with the horrible writer Bendis though, he needs to team up with someone actually good.

harashkupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been following Andrea Sorrentino since I, Vampire and he has become a must buy ever since. Hopefully they'll pair him up with different writers and yes, a magic based series would be amazing.

cmd735

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved his green arrow and I vampire work, I can't wait to see his marvel work.

Comicbookman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great artist, loved my first encounter with his art in All-New X-Men Annual 1.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aww man I wish he was still gonna be doing stuff at DC. But then again DC practically pushed him off and screwed up the Green Arrow book again so its kind of expected I guess. Im just completely lost with the marvel universe and don't know where to start without being confused. Hopefully he gets on a book I can follow as well as teamed up with a good writer. Fingers crossed for Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Black Panther, or Captain Marvel...either way I will be keeping my eyes open.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhoodie: it's a joke. though Marvel has been getting a lot of DC's talent over the past several years

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite artist is now officially Bendis' bitch.

No Caption Provided

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad he's with freaking Bendis. Put him on a solo with a good writer please.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I guess I thought this was already announced. Maybe Sorrentino's been dropping heavy hints on Twitter, I don't know.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daaaaaamn DC you f*cked up big time!!!! Good score for Marvel!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want more Sorrentino at DC!!!!

First Marvel takes CHarles Soule then Jeff Lemire and now Andrea Sorrentino.

WTF is DC doing?

~MiB

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx: His art it's completly wasted with Bendis decompression style.

harashkupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By harashkupo

@xwraith: LOL I also wish he were with another writer but the one bright side to all of this is that being with Bendis gives Sorrentino even more exposure which is much deserved.

But could you imagine if he followed Lemire over to Valiant? That would be so freaking awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But could you imagine if he followed Lemire over to Valiant? That would be so freaking awesome.

Knowing that that will never happen is only making me cry more!

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad ):

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Sorrentino is the perfect artist for a relaunched Daredevil book. Somebody needs to make this happen.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His Deathstroke # 1 variant blew me away. im hoping for some more eye catching art.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@jonny_anonymous:

Hey bud, who's your avatar pic of? It looks very interesting (I thought it was the new Crimson Dynamo armor at first glance, but now I'm not so sure....)

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis... He really loves lowballing Gamora doesn't he? :-(

I really hope that fight isn't all in those panels...

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

This was a great catch by Marvel. I will absolutely read books just to see his art.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have no idea who is in charge over at DC Comics in making sure their team stays at their headquarters and doesnt get signed away to a rival company, but he or she is doing a terrible job of it thus far.

seriously DC has no talent anymore, they are hanging by a thread with people like Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder who are almost garunteed to put out quality month in and month out. Not mention, i dont have the stats to really confirm this, but i feel like Marvel's team is on average a lot younger than the people working at DC.

DiDio is 55 years old
Keith Giffen is 62 years old
Ray Fawkes is 48 years old
Greg Capullo is 52 years old
DeMatteis is 61 years old
Morrison is 55 years old
Jim Lee is 50 years old

i am not saying that these guys are incapable of writing good material because of their age but it says something about your company who gets bashed on low quality titles and its about the same dudes who were writing comics at DC in the late 90s and early 2000s. Marvel has new people, new ideas, people willing to take risks on stories because they are younger and sees things differently.

hell i dont know sh*t tbh, and i could be way wrong. but all i know is, if they lose another one of their creative minds that actually is doing good work for them, i have no doubts that Marvel will continue to be the #1 publisher for months and years to come.
(Jeff Lemire might be Marvel's next target, hell he is writing the new Hawkeye series, he could be swapped up, sense he aint writing any big title over at DC right now)

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

And Marvel snatches another one, which DC creative team member will they snatch next.

Yeah. DC really needs to retaliate and snatch someone working for Marvel. Maybe Cullen Bunn? They have been putting him on a lot of stuff recently.

Idk. It seems like DC just doesn't do the exclusive stuff as much as Marvel does.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really hope that he's going to do the new Wolverine book when Logan eventually come back...I'm excited to see his stuff in the Old Man Logan Secret Wars book...his art just seems perfect for Wolverine

harashkupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By harashkupo

I just read the solicits and he only has this one issue and Old Man Logan in May. That seems like such a waste if they don't let him at least do all the ANX issues in this event. He's better than fill-in status.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Well, there goes any hope of him and Lemire getting back together on Green Arrow. Still, good to know he's getting work and I hope he lands on something great at Marvel. Maybe they'll let him do an issue of All New Hawkeye.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's nice, probably means we'll have a steady amount of Sorrentino art, which is always s plus. I do hope that he's not stuck with Bendis, they really don't mesh to me.

Did you read the Eva Bell annuals?

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God, YES! Andrea Sorrentino is one of my favorite artists and I was so sad when he and Lemire left Green Arrow, but now he's over at Marvel so that's really exciting!

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Welp, another amazing artist lost for DC.

What are they doing? They seriously need to entice these artists and writers back. First Charles Soule, and now Andrea Sorrentino.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I love how people automatically assume that DC are the bad guys, without getting their facts straight. Marvel offered him something good, so he went with them. It's common in the business and he's the reason why Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow is no more, he didn't want to continue without Andrea so he left.

Smash Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Smash Brawler

@j_hickmanisgod said:

Jeff Lemire might be Marvel's next target, hell he is writing the new Hawkeye series, he could be swapped up, sense he aint writing any big title over at DC right now

That seems pretty unlikely since it looks like Lemire wants to focus more on his creator-owned writing right now; he has several stuff coming up at Image including an ongoing and another upcoming ongoing at Dark Horse.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_hickmanisgod said:

Jeff Lemire might be Marvel's next target, hell he is writing the new Hawkeye series, he could be swapped up, sense he aint writing any big title over at DC right now

That seems pretty unlikely since it looks like Lemire wants to focus more on his creator-owned writing right now; he has several stuff coming up at Image including an ongoing and another upcoming ongoing at Dark Horse.

possibly but you never know, Marvel is crazy good at snatching. Hell i never thought DC would let a talent like Charles Soule leave but....you know