Things We're Ready to See in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The wait is over. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return on Tuesday, September 29, on ABC. The second season had a pretty cataclysmic ending with the door opened for more Inhumans plus we were left hanging with the fates of some characters.

No Caption Provided

Here's some things we're ready to see in the Season 3 premiere along with some we'd love to see developed during the season.

Minor spoilers for Season 2, etc, etc.

More Inhumans and Superpowers

No Caption Provided

It's clear that's a major plot point in this season. With Skye Daisy now possessing quake powers and aware of her heritage, we saw she's ready to search out others in order to help and protect them. The opening scene for Season 3 shows that exact thing happening.

The idea that the Terrigen Mists has sort of been unleashed upon the Marvel Universe opens the door for more Inhumans to appear. Those that complained about the lack of superpowers in a show set in the Cinematic Universe during the first season should be happy with this. The big question is, will Marvel Studios introduce familiar characters or create new ones?

Secret Warriors/New Team Dynamics

No Caption Provided

We've seen Daisy, Mack, and Hunter hit the streets going after the new Inhuman. We can assume because Hunter is here, Bobbi most likely hasn't left S.H.I.E.L.D. since they talked of leaving together. We don't know where May is. Possibly Lincoln will be joining the team since it was reported Luke Mitchell is now a series regular.

It's possible with the new Inhumans they find, they could end up with more new recruits. This probably isn't too likely since you wouldn't necessarily want a bunch of new superpowered individuals running around. They'd need to learn how to control their powers first. Daisy has had some training and the time between seasons. Lincoln has had much longer.

Coulson's New Hand

One more week! #agentsofshield S.3 sept 29th 9/8c #areyouinhuman @marvel

A photo posted by Clark Gregg (@clarkgregg) on

Clark Gregg did tease a pic of his new gloved hand. We also saw this in some promo art for San Diego Comic-Con. The big question here is, will he have a normal hand?

With the level of technology in the Marvel Universe we can expect some sort of advanced robotic type hand. I would say Tony Stark could probably whip one up but I think he's still unaware that Phil was brought back from the dead after Loki killed him. It's not very likely but what if Coulson gets a hand with a repulsor beam? That could come in handy and prevent him from hopefully losing other body parts.

Ward's New HYDRA

No Caption Provided

The former Agent Ward has decided to have a team once again. With pretty much all the high ranking officials in HYDRA eliminated, he's taking over. What exactly does this mean? When we talked to Brett last month, he told us this:

"This is not like your father’s HYDRA. In the past, they have been about world domination and all these things like that. It’s not so much pro-world domination as it is anti-S.H.I.E.L.D. This is the yin to Coulson’s yang. This is HYDRA in Ward’s vision. Ward isn’t for formality and all of that. Nobody’s twirling their mustache in this particular version of HYDRA. Nobody’s spitting back with their sniveling or cackling in an evil way. That’s not what this is about this season. It’s maybe a more stripped down version of it. But it’s going to be cool because this is somebody that we know is extremely capable and might have a grudge or two against Coulson. S.H.I.E.L.D. can be directly responsible, in his eyes, for two failed relationships that he’s tried to have which were very important to him—one with Skye and one with Agent 33. If it weren’t for S.H.I.E.L.D. meddling in all his affairs, he’d be a much happier man. So there’s an axe to grind."

Sounds like it's going to be interesting.

Skye/Daisy with Powers

No Caption Provided

We've seen Daisy use her powers a little before. We can assume she's had more time to train and learn to control it better. If you go back to the first season, Skye had a certain amount of attitude and confidence. At the same time, she was also freaked out at times to be thrown into this crazy world. Now it appears she is more in control of her life and destiny. She's ready to lead this new team and go out into the field to take on new dangers. Daisy has grown up and she's ready to kick some butt.

Simmons?!?

No Caption Provided

What the heck happened to Jemma at the end of Season 2? The 'alien artifact' or monolith that the Inhumans said would be a threat to them in the wrong hands liquified and sucked her in. The stone appeared untouched or changed afterwards. At San Diego Comic-Con she mentioned seeing on a white board in the writers' room that it said Simmons was "Already very dead."

We've also heard reports that she may not necessarily be dead and could be transformed somehow. Don't we all want to see Fitz and Simmons get together?

Any Build Up for Captain America: Civil War, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc?

No Caption Provided

*This is more of a wish list item and not something that could be addressed on the show itself.*

How come the Agents haven't crossed over into the movies? With Avengers: Age of Ultron, we heard about the Theta Protocols that allowed Nick Fury to arrive in his helicarrier. The Avengers still think Coulson is dead, right? I'm not sure if there's some sort of strange politics between the movies and TV but we've had Fury, Maria Hill, and Sif appear on the show. Why can't we even get a mention or cameo in the movies?

With their new direction of going after superpowered folk, what happens when they hear about a guy running around Hell's Kitchen in a devil suit? We've seen Jessica Jones has superpowers in the teaser trailer. With Ward controlling HYDRA now, wouldn't he be a prime candidate for Civil War?

Pym Particles

No Caption Provided

With the inclusion of Pym Particles in the Cinematic Universe, it would be a huge asset to the S.H.I.E.L.D. if they could get a hold of some. We saw in that opening clip where a rocket elevator had to be called in. Imagine if they could keep one in their pocket just like Hank kept a freakin' tank on his keychain.

But we know Hank had his falling out with S.H.I.E.L.D. some time ago. Maybe he'll have a change of heart under the new regime. The casual viewer should be reminded of how vast and rich the Cinematic Universe can be. The show producers should take advantage of all the ammo they have at their disposal.

We're very close to the premiere episode. If you haven't caught up, the second season is out on Blu-ray and both seasons are on Netflix. Let us know what you're most excited to see this season.

vojtavem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By vojtavem

U would like to see kamala in there

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it tomorrow yet?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Lockjaw.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really would love if Widow or Hawkeye showed up. They have those strong SHIELD ties and I find it hard to believe they'd be so out of the loop for three years now. I mean the rest of the Avengers I get, but I feel like they would've heard something about Coulson being back on the scene.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm so excited!!!

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vojtavem said:

nah, Kamala deserves her own movie.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Great write up! Would love to see those last 2 points happen.

Have you gotten to see the premiere yet?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Maybe Simmons will be turned into a Zombie and herald the apocalypse by eating Fitz?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can't wait.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tximinoman said:

@vojtavem said:

nah, Kamala deserves her own movie.

Or even better, her own TV show

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jemma looks like she got grabbed by the Venom Symbiote.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

@mikeg1965: That's what my daughter said after playing all the Disney Infinity games.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eric O'Grady!

they dont even have to use the term 'Pym Particles', just name drop O'Grady and I would be a happy camper

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cannot wait!

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see everyone die!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throw in an A-list superhero cameo and I could be brought back to watching this show. Otherwise.....pass.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

never watched...

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@kid_apollo: Eric O' Grady could be a possibility and Mitch Carson could make an appearance on AOS. However, I think the introduction of Pym Particles would be more interesting in Season 2 or Season 3 of Agent Carter when Agent Carter works alongside with Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne during the Cold War.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

First episode of season 3 was great! And they mentioned pym particles (I think). Lots of powers being used. Cool bad guys all over the place, new team dynamics.

A lot of the things in this article were there.

mi13unionj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mi13unionj

Let's see some MI-13 in this ya yanks, we got an agency too.