New Details on How Avengers: Age of Ultron Will Affect Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

With Avengers: Age of Ultron just around the corner, what does this mean for the ABC show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Many viewers remember that when Captain America: Winter Soldier came out, and S.H.I.E.L.D. became corrupted by everything Hydra, the show's characters had to deal with the outcomes of that, which put them in a sticky situation.

According to USA Today, the outcome of Avengers: Age of Ultron will do the same thing to the ABC show. The upcoming two episodes, starting this Tuesday, will have Easter eggs and an assortment of elements leading up to the Avengers sequel.

Colbie Smolders will be returning as Maria Hill to the show and on the May 5 episode, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will have to deal with the aftermath of the film. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. is not getting destroyed again.

The current stories won't totally get derailed by all of this though. There's still Real S.H.I.E.L.D., Skye learning to deal with her new abilities, and the "Theta Project," which executive producer Jeff Bell says will pay off by the end of the season.

Here's a clip for the upcoming episode:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs on Tuesdays at 9/8C.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I got a question for people watching Agents of Shield. Are there any easter eggs or anything in the show that ties to Age of Ultron that would make worth watching this season ?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

deal with Ward? wow, the good guys actually willing to compromise?

uh, I mean, hey, Deathlok's back!

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I got a question for people watching Agents of Shield. Are there any easter eggs or anything in the show that ties to Age of Ultron that would make worth watching this season ?

Well so far they've mostly still been dealing with the fallout of Winter Soldier and rebuilding and such. But I definitely think that its worth watching because of the fact that it's introduced the idea of the Inhumans to the MCU is pretty important and might factor into Age of Ultron.

And either way, like the article says, there will be tie-ins for the fallout of Age of Ultron starting with the May 5th episode. So at the very least you could pick up then, but I highly suggest watching the full season. Its a lot better than the first part of the first season.

Also, OUCH. That slamming into a quinjet must hurt xD

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jcybak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The seeds for Captain America:Civil War are already being planted and even Age of Ultron has not come out yet. The point that super humans are being categorized and that some method of authority should be set up very nicely foreshadows the Superhuman Registration Act.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FearTheLiving

@thor_parker82: You should be watching not just for the Easter eggs but because the show has been legitally good since the Winter Soldier tie-in. That tie-in made me appreciate the slow start without it we wouldn't have seen such amazing character progression. Not to mention the twist of one of the characters. That all being said if you don't wanna watch all that just start from the WS tie-in and go from there it's a generally much better show at that point.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Interesting we are getting AOU before the tie-ins still I'm not complaining

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By RedAlert539

@thor_parker82: Nothing yet. But it's much more solid that the 1st season if you wanna give it a try. Helpful hint: Inhumans lore;)

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: You should be watching no just for the Easter eggs but because the show has been legitally good since the Winter Soldier tie-in. Since that tie-in though it's actually made me appreciate the slow start as without it we would have seen such amazing character progression and how these characters got to where they are. Not to mention the twist. That being said if you don't wanna watch all that just start from the WS tie-in and go from there has it's a generally much better show at that point.

No Caption Provided

The WS tie-in was the turning point that took this from a mediocre show to a legitimately good show, & a great addition to the growing MCU, IMO. The last episode with May's origins was pretty brilliant, IMO. Very emotional & character-driven, showing her to be far more than just the bad@ss of the team. And I have a feeling that whatever the "real SHIELD" is protecting is the key to A:AOU somehow. The show's developing great stories & characterization connected to the broader MU, developing connections to not only the AOU & Civil War, but also the Inhumans & the cosmic side of things with the Kree...with two characters from the comics now regulars as well(Daisy Johnson & Mockingbird)...not to mention I get to see this every week...

No Caption Provided

All around, a win-win in my book!!

KingKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KingKS

Once again....the comicvine staff will post AOS casting news and updates......but no episode reviews.....smh....I'm waiting to see what will happen tonight going into tomorrow

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad it's about Hunter and Bird, as they have single handedly saved the show.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad it's about Hunter and Bird, as they have single handedly saved the show.

You mean the characters that are leaving to get their own show, leaving Agents of Shield in its previous rut. Agents of SHIELD is already a watered down mess. Its like Marvel wanted to make Koolaid, only had half the packets they needed but went ahead anyways. Now the pitcher is half empty and they are just adding water. I was going to make a joke about next season revolving around them fighting Typeface until I realized that Sony probably still has the rights.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Interesting stuff

cobsohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@feartheliving: I'm with you on changing my mind on the slow start. It's just making Fitz and Simmon's transformation even more interesting. I haven't gone back yet, but I bet the scenes with Ward are more entertaining now than at the time.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobsohn: It was a lot more noticeable when I was re-watching the MCU in a huge binge. See all the little nods and tidbits I hadn't noticed originally that adds to the overall story. Even some of the episodes that you initially think are just filler have little nuggets that explain things to come. That all being said I prefer the direction they're doing know where you have a couple episodes that add to one of the ongoing plots then BAM big thing happens, then back to a couple episodes that give you background info and action but then another big revelation a few episodes later.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least in my opinion, Its clear how the movie ties in, and what Maria hill will clear up after AoU. They are already showing 2 separate factions of shield. One (Coulsons) is harboring and protecting Super powered humans. While the other shield is searching for them, in an attempt to corral and kinda Oust them. Leads right into Civil War.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superiorbeast: *cough cough*...how about the character development of FitzSimmons? How Coulson orchestrated the take down of Hydra...what we have seen of the Inhumans so far? The show has been spectacular since Winter Soldier.