Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion

• 64 results
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

What did people think of the flying car at the end of the episode? They teased it in Captain America: The First Avenger, and honestly I thought it was a nice easter egg from the comics.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By tg1982

@war_killer said:

Anyone else think Coulson is actually an LMD?

Also, flying car FTW!!! ^__^

1 Totally! When Ron Glass (Awesome that he's in another Wedon film) said "Tahiti? He doesn't know?" And Hill said "He can never know". I think gave it away.

2 Finally! I was waiting for them!!!!!!

@the_stegman said:
I just assumed from the trailers that the Mike character would be Luke Cage

I did as well.

@war_killer said:

What did people think of the flying car at the end of the episode? They teased it in Captain America: The First Avenger, and honestly I thought it was a nice easter egg from the comics.

I won't lie, I had a pretty big smile.

Now onto my opinion of the show. I definitely really enjoyed it. I love Clark Gregg, and Ming-Na Wen. I enjoyed the "cameo" by Colbie Smulders, I thought it could've used a bit more action but I understand having to focus more on introducing the new characters and the (I'm assuming) season one plotline, and the fight scenes they did have were pretty good, IMO. I do wonder if maybe Samuel L. Jackson may have a cameo, eventually, since he's Nick Fury and all.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I dont think he's an LMD, I think he'll end up being Vision

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982 said:

@war_killer said:

Anyone else think Coulson is actually an LMD?

Also, flying car FTW!!! ^__^

1 Totally! When Ron Glass (Awesome that he's in another Wedon film) said "Tahiti? He doesn't know?" And Hill said "He can never know". I think gave it away.

I'm hoping, because of how obvious it was, that it could be that the writers simply wanted to mislead us into think Coulson is an LMD.

@gambler said:

I dont think he's an LMD, I think he'll end up being Vision

I'm not completely against that idea, better than Van Diesel. Though, I remember the idea being brought up before and Clark Gregg mentioned that he didn't like the idea or something. But if they did go in that direction with the character, if handled correctly, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By King_Saturn

It was pretty cool overall...

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why make a marvel show when there's no Marvel Characters and just some nobodies we don't know?

Where's Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow, Wasp or any others. I hope this show gets cancelled. It's a disgrace to call this a Marvel Show if you have no Marvel Characters in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a27b0adc1c5
deactivated-57a27b0adc1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For the most part I enjoyed. It essentially was everything I expected it to be weirdly enough. Definitely hope to see it continue to deliver even more.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Loki9876

@war_killer:

I think so, kind of tragic

and for a pilot it was good.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Why make a marvel show when there's no Marvel Characters and just some nobodies we don't know?

Where's Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow, Wasp or any others. I hope this show gets cancelled. It's a disgrace to call this a Marvel Show if you have no Marvel Characters in it.

The reason why you don't see superheroes like Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk is because those characters are easier to do on a movie budget rather than a TV budget. The whole point of this show was to expand on the Marvel Cinematic Universe and using S.H.I.E.L.D. to do this was the perfect way. I don't see how it's a disgrace to Marvel, S.H.I.E.L.D. is as much a part of the Marvel Universe as Captain America or Iron Man are, so I don't see why they shouldn't get a chance to shine.

As for not having superheroes in it, it was only the first episode, so chill. It's already been teased by Marvel that lesser known superheroes will most likely be appearing in the show eventually, so instead of deeming the show a disgrace and dooming it, why not try giving it one or two more episodes first before you start trashing it.

As for it having "no Marvel characters" Agent Coulson was an original character for the movies, who has gone on to become a fan favorite among comic book fans. So I'm sure with time, these new characters will become favorites among fans as well.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

The show is off to a slow start.

Unless they speed it up and have some superheroes on the show, it will fail.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...I really want to like this show, I really do, but this past episode was just seriously boring.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched all the episodes to date and i've concluded that this is a show that deserves to be canceled.

Best way to sum this show, there's agent coulson who's likable but one dimensional role is been over stretched. then there is several bland characters and one exceptionally annoying character (the hacker)

and all they talk about is "THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK and how shield helped in the BATTLE OF NEW YORK " (yh i guess they missed the part where Shield tired to nuke NY) and mention Stark, Gamma and tesseract as much as possible! ( of those three they mention Stark them most so you'll keep watching for that desperate Robert Downey Jr cameo)

and shield is a organisation that more focused on having a good time then protecting the world. the most confusing thing is how much of a joke Shield as organisation is, i guess the only people in shield who are actually spies are Fury, Hill, Black Widow and Hawkeye, they seem to take their job seriously and actually act like they are part of big secret organisation. While everyone else was recruited at the bus stop. Given how the hacker girl was allowed to join, anyone can be a shield agent. It suffers the same problem as Iron man 2 and 3, if the protagonists can't take it seriously why should audience care what's gonna happen.

and then there's just bad storytelling, cheap special effect, predictable action sequences.

Another fine Jeph Loeb Turd

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@emequious_swerve: I know this is like 7 months late...but I just wanted to point out that May and Skye are Asians/ hapa (half) asian.