Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion

• 64 results
Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I really liked it. I'm in for next episode.

What did you his think?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

I'm feeling it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kgb725

I liked it

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Extremis

Yeah I liked it overall, but I gotta say that hot girl, just not buying her as some expert hacker who lives in a van. She's like super attractive, pampered and groomed. Just doesn't make much sense. I guess that's tv shows anymore though.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Missed the first 15 minutes but what I saw was awesome!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Anyone else think Coulson is actually an LMD?

Also, flying car FTW!!! ^__^

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Extremis
Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@extremis said:

@war_killer: what's an lmd?

life modal decoy. But I think its either the exremis or dr strange

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is, get ready for the "Agents of SHIELD or Arrow?" threads.

_Maven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Maven_

The way Coulson acts in ALL the movies makes him look like a Life Model Decoy, so who the hell knows :P

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks like a bunch of offensively attractive white people on a major network

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I think Coulson is just alive now.

But yeah I like the inclusion of Extremis. As soon as they said super soldier serum, I was like "Extremis, Extremis!".

It's a good move keeping things connected to the films.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The story has potential. But outside of Coulson, Maria Hill and the guy who used to play Gunn on Angel, I'm not a fan of the cast thus far.

The comedy also is not for me. Although it very much stays in tune with the Avengers' tone of comedy (the constant one liners), that just gets old after a while.

I'll never give up a show after just 1 episode, so I'll probably watch several - if not the whole season...but the pilot was pretty meh for me. (WHY DO I GOTTA WAIT ANOTHER MONTH FOR ARROW!!!! :()

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Maven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The promo for the second episode looks like freakin' Wakanda (probably not)...

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else not buying that hot chick as some legendary underground hacker living in a van?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

i lik it

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@extremis said:

Anyone else not buying that hot chick as some legendary underground hacker living in a van?

Why can't hot chicks be legendary hackers who also lives in a van?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I really enjoyed this episode! I want to see if SHIELD continues to help out superheroes and I would like to see more from this cast.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: knew someone would misunderstand what I meant there. Not simply tht she's hot. It's that she wears clean expensive clothes, has an expensive hair salon style hairdo, is clean and well groomed... Living in a van and is like a 22 yr old hacker legend.

Is it possible, sure iguess. Is it plausible, not really.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say, I was half expecting to see a superhero cameo... Oh well

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@war_killer: knew someone would misunderstand what I meant there. Not simply tht she's hot. It's that she wears clean expensive clothes, has an expensive hair salon style hairdo, is clean and well groomed... Living in a van and is like a 22 yr old hacker legend.

Is it possible, sure iguess. Is it plausible, not really.

I don't see why a hacker, especially one as good as she was, couldn't afford to keep up her appearance. Part of the reason is obviously because having her look like a hobo wouldn't be as appealing, but I still don't see why she wouldn't be able to find a shower somewhere, I'm sure she has friends who could help her out.

As for it being plausible, it's a TV show based off of comic books, there are a lot of things that aren't going to be plausible in this show. ;)

@extremis said:

I gotta say, I was half expecting to see a superhero cameo... Oh well

It's the first episode, plus they probably didn't want a hero overshadowing the new characters that we're just getting to know. I'm sure we'll have some cameos in future episodes though.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediXMan  Moderator

Not bad.

Also...

Calling it now: the guy is an Agent Coulson LMD who has been programmed with his memories and thoughts. Agent Coulson is dead.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: dude I know that lol

Doesn't mean I can't pick out flaws, especially glaring ones. If she looked more run down it would've been more believable. But since it stuck out it took me out of the show a bit.

And we may get cameos. Didn't expect it necessarily. But it would've been nice. Cobie Smulders cameo was good enough for me though :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I was very underwhelmed.

1. It suffers from being on ABC. It's a family network, thus it felt kinda whitebread, everyone had to learn a valuable lesson, there has to be the obligatory kid and it has to have a happy ending. Arrow the OTHER superhero show, suffers the same kind of treatment from being on the CW to an extent.

2. The dialogue was annoying. Everyone was trying to be snarky, witty and glib. Just speak like normal people, not trying to force one liners down our throats.

3. The really smart, really fiesty chick who happens to be a computer hacking genius is OVER DONE, seriously, stop it, that arctype is in like every show on tv right now.

4. The action was kinda boring to be honest, I was expecting more, but it's the first episode, that could pick up.

Overall, I'll tune in for a few more episodes, but this series premiere did nothing for me.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Cap10nate

Anyone else think Coulson is actually an LMD?

Also, flying car FTW!!! ^__^

I definitely think that he is. Whenever Maria said that he can never know something to the doctor after Coulsen talked about Tahiti. I think that Tahiti is a memory they implanted in his memory to make up for the lost time when they were creating his LMD form. That's my guess anyways.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Not bad.

Also...

Calling it now: the guy is an Agent Coulson LMD who has been programmed with his memories and thoughts. Agent Coulson is dead.

From what Maria Hill said, this appears to be the case...though I'm hoping it's not what we think. The fact that they make it so obvious, and in the first episode no less, makes me wonder if her statement was some kind of misdirection.

Either way, even if Coulson is an LMD, seeing his reaction to when he discovers this will be an emotional moment.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@the_stegman: Agreed. (although I like the tone of Arrow much more >_>, even if it is CW-teen drama-afied )

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JediXMan  Moderator

Either way, even if Coulson is an LMD, seeing his reaction to when he discovers this will be an emotional moment.

And hopefully that moment will be done well.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Extremis

@the_stegman: I actually thought one of the action scenes was great. That first fight scene in the apartment or wherever. Usually TV shows have crap fights, I thought that one was almost Bourne-esque... BOURNE-esque. That's legit.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

@extremis said:

@the_stegman: I acutely thought one of the action scenes was great. That first gift scene in the apartment or wherever.

It was a direct rip-off of Spider-Man. It looked almost EXACTLY the same. The building looked the same.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: what?

I edited my statement because auto correct effed me there. But I wasn't talkin about the guy who saved that woman. I meant the fight scene with the shield agent.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

@extremis said:

@the_stegman: I actually thought one of the action scenes was great. That first fight scene in the apartment or wherever. Usually TV shows have crap fights, I thought that one was almost Bourne-esque... BOURNE-esque. That's legit.

I've seen better...like in Arrow, I really don't mean this to sound like I'm comparing the two shows already, but it had better choreographed fights.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

I've seen better...like in Arrow, I really don't mean this to sound like I'm comparing the two shows already, but it had better choreographed fights.

Arrow's fight scenes got better as the season progressed, and I feel the same will happen here as well.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@extremis said:

Arrow's fight scenes got better as the season progressed, and I feel the same will happen here as well.

Yeah, I said that, since it's the first episode, I'm not hating too much on it, I just assumed from the trailers that the Mike character would be Luke Cage, and fought someone, but I'm interested to see future episodes.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@war_killer: The opening sequence in Arrow with him going after his kidnappers and chasing them down was fairly well done though, especially considering the budget.

But its all good because Sons of Anarchy is on now anyways

:D

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JediXMan  Moderator

@extremis said:

@jedixman: what?

I edited my statement because auto correct effed me there. But I wasn't talkin about the guy who saved that woman. I meant the fight scene with the shield agent.

Ah. Never mind, then.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: but yeah that scene did have a similar lookin scene. Did you ever consider it was a nod to spiderman? I mean they did earlier wth the whole "with great power.." thing. Also, I don't think Marvel can rip themselves off... Can they :?

_Maven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dialogue isn't great, but it's not near as bad as Arrow's cheesy crap (and at least ABC isn't forcing teenagers into the show :P).

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: haha it sounds like you're making early (inevitable) comparisons. Don't sweat it. It's bound to happen.

I actually like the fight scenes here, but I can't remember the fights from Arrow that I've seen too well.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: The opening sequence in Arrow with him going after his kidnappers and chasing them down was fairly well done though, especially considering the budget.

But its all good because Sons of Anarchy is on now anyways

:D

True, but by the end of the season Ollie's taking down a whole hallway full of thugs...which was pretty awesome. xD

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@extremis said:

@jedixman: but yeah that scene did have a similar lookin scene. Did you ever consider it was a nod to spiderman? I mean they did earlier wth the whole "with great power.." thing. Also, I don't think Marvel can rip themselves off... Can they :?

Its probably a yes and no. Since Sony owns Spiderman but Spiderman's original source Material is marvel.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Extremis

@war_killer: dudes... It's all about Breaking Bad and Homeland.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator

@extremis said:

Its probably a yes and no. Since Sony owns Spiderman but Spiderman's original source Material is marvel.

One thing I loved about the premiere was the Spider-Man line.

"With great power comes...a lot of weird stuff"

Kinda like an F-You! to Sony, I chuckled.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched it yet but I'll definitely gonna try.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@extremis said:

@war_killer: dudes... It's all about Breaking Bad and Homeland.

and Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones and The Newsroom and Banshee and The Americans! :D

@the_stegman: lol.

@war_killer: Ollie vs Merlin was also a great fight both times.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers