Barnes & Noble-Crooks For Hire?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Friday night I'm picking up dinner for my girlfriend and I. I'm waiting on the takeout order to get ready so I decide to browse around B&N; for a few minutes. Instinctively, I head for the comic section and I'm checking out the newstand singles. I pick up a couple of Spider-Island tie ins, Heroes For Hire & Black Panther. They seem pretty interesting but then I see the price tag for each of them. They were both marked at $3.99 and I had no intention of paying that for a couple of tie-in books. Yesterday, I'm at an actual comic shop and I walk past the same issues again. For some reason I decide to check out the price tag and they're both priced at $2.99. What is up with that? I don't ever buy singles at the big box bookstores but is this a common practice? The covers were exactly the same except for the price tag. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, Renchamp. What a ripoff...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

Barnes & Noble is circling the drain now anyway so it won't be long before they won't be able to skin comic readers, or anyone else for that matter, anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so Herc.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Circling the drain they have, my local B&N got rid of comics due to one group of kids who would just read them and never buy them. They left a pretty nasty letter on the empty shelves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.