storm and forge

#1 Posted by blackstormgirl88 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

does forge still love ororo storm

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#3 Posted by Stormultt (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they shoulda did alittle more with these two.
#4 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but the ass hole broke her heart and made her cry................twice

#5 Edited by ReddKnave (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Naw, it was only once.  If you're talking about when she lost her powers because of his neutralizer, that wasn't his fault, it was an accident.  And he was genuinely head over heels for her. And anyone who reads Uncanny issue 289 knows that it was JEAN who messed everything up. Forge's and Storm's story is a very touching one, and I think it's just sad what they've done to this relationship.  He asked Storm repeatedly to marry him, but she was never sure.

After the torture of loving hard, someone who may not even love him back, he finally went to Jean and asked her, in the X-Jet hangar, as Storm's best friend and a psychic, whether Storm really loved him.  Instead of Jean saying "I wouldn't know" or "I don't invade my friends minds" or "Why don't you ask her" she says absolutely NOTHING.  Which Forge takes to mean "no."  Psychologically I'm sure this man is ripped apart and feels like he's being led on.  THAT is why he said those things to Ororo.  This man LOVES Storm, deeply.  There are SO MANY interesting and heartfelt story possibilities that have gone unexplored with Storm and Forge.  It is an absolute TRAVESTY that their relationship is just tossed to the side after what they've been through together.  And don't even get me started on what Marvel has done to the Forge character, alone.  But then look at Storm's popularity and how underused and downplayed her character is... so...  ya know...

Anyway, OK, I'm off my soapbox, but, if I were writing Storm, I'd take a few cues from Mr. Claremont and bring Forge back into Ororo's life. ESPECIALLY now that T'Challa is down and out.  Not that I don't like the Storm / T'Challa relationship.  I'm actually kinda torn.  But her and Forge have such a great story, and her and T'Challa's just seemed thrown together and gimmicky, her and Forge's grew over the years and was more honest and nuanced.  Don't you guys think that a T'Challa/Storm/Forge triangle would be interesting?  Now that that Wolverine/Jean/Scott thing is tired and dead.  Treated right and respectably, it could have that prince vs pauper type feel...

#6 Posted by Roddy010 (4930 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReddKnave: Well stated....
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Fergit this.
#8 Edited by ReddKnave (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  fergot u
#9 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReddKnave said:
"@PowerHerc:  fergot u "

Ha!  All right, but before you forget; nice avatar.  I always liked that cover. 
#10 Posted by ReddKnave (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: See, yer a good sport.  I like you again... LOL
#11 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReddKnave said:
" @PowerHerc: See, yer a good sport.  I like you again... LOL"

Hah!  Hey, glad to hear it.  No hard feeling here.  :)
#12 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Storm and Forge. Was a great relationship. I thought they brought out really interesting sides of each other. Forge was pretty laid back too. Passionate, driven, but talking interpersonal relationships. I sort of like Ororo being the one controlling the relationship. 

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
"I loved Storm and Forge. Was a great relationship. I thought they brought out really interesting sides of each other. Forge was pretty laid back too. Passionate, driven, but talking interpersonal relationships. I sort of like Ororo being the one controlling the relationship.  "

How does it feel to always be right?
#14 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp:  Like making love to a women made of Pizza. Warm, and awkward with lots of people looking at me shaking there heads in disproval. Meat Lovers Pizza of course, Vegetarian would just be silly. How does it feel to always be awesome by the way I shall ask you? 
#15 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" @ReVamp:  Like making love to a women made of Pizza. Warm, and awkward with lots of people looking at me shaking there heads in disproval. Meat Lovers Pizza of course, Vegetarian would just be silly. How does it feel to always be awesome by the way I shall ask you?  "

I have trouble answering that question... Partly because I cannot think of anything as funny as you did... :D
#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, someone just reminded me that it was JEAN who ruined the marriage proposal.....OMG

#17 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
" LOL, someone just reminded me that it was JEAN who ruined the marriage proposal.....OMG "
Jean really is the worst, isn't she?
#18 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham: At times........................YES she can be.
#19 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, of course she can also be the best.
#20 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Forge was a d-bag to Storm, but that was a long time ago. I wish they would bring him back out of wherever he is. I don't think they have to get back together, but I'd like to see a little reunion of sorts. I liked their relationship...when it was good at least. 

#21 Edited by ReddKnave (42 posts) - - Show Bio

... sigh... Everyone has their opinion, I just don't believe Forge is a dirtbag, read the comics.  
 He reacted the way any normal person rejected by a lover would have reacted in his place, that situation is still partly Jean's fault, I'm sorry, as much as it is Storm and Forge's.
 I'm tired of Forge CONSTANTLY getting a bad rap from people who know nothing about him.  His character is mistreated on a regular basis by writers and readers who don't care anything about him and he has so many stories left in him.  When will he get the respect he deserves?

#22 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReddKnave: I think it's because Forge's powers are supposed to be simple yet complicated, he can cobble together anything he wants, from magic spells to advanced mechanics, the only problem is, heends up in the "Mary Sue" territory, in other words? He can do ANYTHING! Oh, unless it involves ending world hunger or preventing a war, THEN he's useless, I think Forge has fallen into the trap of being too weak and too strong both at the same time I.E. He doesn't have super strength and telekineses, but he doesn't NEED them because he can make a device that allows him to MIMIC such powers whenever he wants! I think it would have been better to make him a non-mutant who is so smart he can still be useful even without having super-genes that give super powers but for all his brilliance he still can't invent a "Solve-Any-Problem-You-Can-Imagine" device! That's what bothered me about Prometheus from D.C. comics, he was basically an evil version of Batman, and he was able to beat all the J.L.A. so easily during "J.L.A. Cry For Justice" it only made his defeat at the hands of Green Arrow look so ridiculous it was downright insulting! So If I were a writer at MARVEL, I would make it so Forge is clever and cunning, but htere are limits to even HIS power, so he stil can't cast a spell or invent a device that makes earth into a paradise! (Hey that rhymes!) So it makes Forge a more sympathetic character, sure he's got the mutant power of supreme inventivness, but he's not a god!

#23 Posted by Kairan1979 (15748 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a small consolation, but at least the Exiles' Forge was Storm's husband and died to save her.

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (13932 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps yes but I think Storm doesn't love him anymore.

#25 Posted by ReddKnave (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation: I see what you're saying, but that's the same argument writers use on Storm now, saying she's so powerful and that's not interesting. I will never understand that, it sounds like a cop out to me and a lack of creativity. Thor is much more powerful than Storm - also read any one of Forge's bio's and you'll see how Marvel goes out of it's way to let everyone know Forge is, by no means, as smart as Mr. Fantastic or Ant Man, and his accomplishments are all due to his mutant powers! Ok, if that's so, then the argument that the characters are too powerful to be interesting is moot. In more ways than one, considering Mr. Fantastic and Thor haven't gone anywhere, and uh, Superman anyone?

I think it's just because they don't care about the characters, aren't creative enough to write them well, or (this sorry excuse) don't know how to write Black or Native characters well so they're sent to the background or to support roles. Because, I'm sorry, what Claremont did with these characters is the reason why the X-Men are still around today! He took a dying book in 1975 and turned it into one of Marvel's highest selling books (not to mention X-Men #1 is still the highest selling comic of all time in the Guinness Book of Records, yeah, that was Claremont (and Lee)!)

I'm sour. And I don't care, I'm just gonna say it AGAIN, I just feel like there was a golden opportunity for originality with the beautifully nuanced and unfolding story with Storm and Forge and it was horribly ruined. Someone mentioned before about Storm being the one "in control" in the relationship, it started off really rocky and smoothed out. You've got LifeDeath, and the complexities of their disagreements on Storm's attachment to the X-Men, the Naze thing, don't even get me started on how cool of a villian the Adversary could be, well it's all for naught, with the way Marvel writers have treated him, Forge is too far gone now if he's even alive.

Forge is the X-Men's red-haired step-child, he's treated worse than Toad. It's infuriating.

#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (13932 posts) - - Show Bio

and Forge is already a villain right?

#27 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Forge is by far one of the lamest mutants.

#28 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReddKnave: That is an exellent point, I love "Wolverine and the X-Men", but even in that gem Forge was portrayed as the resident goofy nerd! However, at least he was helpful or TRIED to be. And it was obvious the X-Men wouldn't have been nearly as effective without him. That's right, Forge got more respect in the doomed animated series than he did in the comics! Maybe there's something ELSE holding Forge back as well, Last time I checked Forge was in the veitnam war and I know he was just a kid back then but to a lot of writers, that would make Forge pretty old and that means he's not "hip" and "cool" anymore, this is such a shame because they could just "retcon" him to an earlier war so he'd be younger OR just give him a new body somehow! THAT way, he'd be expeirenced without being too decrepit! So don't give up on Forge yet! The great thing about comic books is that there's ALWAYS time for your favorite characters to have a second chance! As for Storm? I'm not sure if I want her to get back together with Storm, but there might indeed be some closure there that needs to be dealt with, so that should be brought up someday too. And you're right, for all her power Storm still isn't quite in Thor's league at least not when it comes to raw, physical power and fighting expeirence, so even she isn't that overpowered after all. Hopefully she'll be given some interesting stories of her own soon enough.

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Best comic book kiss. Ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.