gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

As the series gets closer to its ending, it's been interesting to look at what makes supervillains bad in the New 52 Universe. We may have caught some glimpses into who they are during the Villains Month issues but it's been interesting to see who sides with the Crime Syndicate and who chose to oppose them. Seeing what they were capable of, it's easy to understand why so many of the villains would simply choose to follow the Syndicate's orders. Not all villains are willing to act as sheep and Geoff Johns gives us some insight into some of them during the big battle in this issue. There are definitely some characters rising to grab the spotlight.

With Batman and Catwoman seemingly the only members of the Justice League trying to fight against the Syndicate, they've found themselves up against a number of supervilains. Luckily, Lex Luthor has gathered his own team of villains who also oppose the Syndicate. The question is whether or not Batman can work with them. Batman is used to always being in control but with the defeat the League has suffered, how long until he admits he might be in a little over his head. Is there more to Lex's plans?

David Finch continues to make each page big and flashy. There's a lot of great opportunities in the fight and seeing how they're drawn is very nice. There's nothing better than seeing an artist able to cut loose and draw some over the top battle scenes.

The Bad

The action is great and it's fun to see how this is playing out but this issue felt a little like an extension from last issue. There might be more actual fighting but that's the majority of what we get. It's not really a complaint to see the fight scenes we see but it's more of a smaller stepping stone in the bigger picture. The Crime Syndicate needs to be stopped. Perhaps we end up one step closer but it almost feels like this moment was drawn out a little and that will mean a faster ending/resolution when the final issue arrives.

The Verdict

If you're looking for some good old fashioned superhero fighting, well, you're actually not going to find a lot of that here. What we have is actually better. Villains fighting villains! Lex Luthor has gathered an odd group of villains opposing the Crime Syndicate and we get some pretty cool fight scenes. With the series fast approaching the end, it almost feels like we might get an abrupt ending but it should be a pretty explosive one.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to pick this up! Really loving this event!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fate of ring was not surprising at all. Also i remembered some injustice...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#4  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I'm kind-of losing interest in this event. Things need to happen faster!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordoftheNorth

Hated this issue Batman has to be saved not once but twice, Geoff Johns writes his dialog like he is a freaking child, and Batman just assumes these jerkoffs are just going to listen to him for no reason

as a side not this was delayed and yet some how they missed on page 16 that Batman's nose isnt colored in

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Superguy1591

@lordofthenorth: No one saves the Bat! Batman's too bad @$$ for that! Batman fans are hilarious. Batman survived the Crime Syndicate, he was the lone survivor, the syndicate was in awe of him, but you're mad because he got saved?

And how would you have written that scene, Lex can outsmart him and Deathstroke owns him. Explain how Batman gets the Injustice gang to follow him?

dbullo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Batman in this issue.... the man has pride in his abilities to say the least.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@superguy1591: No the problem is he gets saved twice from freaking copperhead a charater he should have beat in a sec and why would the syndicate be in awe of him i dont think you understand the meaning of awe becuase people get in awe of Superman not Batman

First Lex is not out smarter than him stop bringing up that BS and Deathstroke was just owned by Trevor so thats wrong.

Thats the problem they wouldnt follow Batman he has no levrage nothing blackmail them with no way to make them follow him and yet he just walks up to these guys and expects them to follow him and when the mission is to save NIghtwing(which is stupid) none of them have any reason to help why save Nightwing when the Syndicate is the actual threat saving Nightwing is pointless

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@dbullo22: ya he does nothing yet for some reason thinks the injustice gang is going to help him save Dick why would they care

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3/5, Forever Evil has been a bit too meandering for my taste.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hated this issue Batman has to be saved not once but twice, Geoff Johns writes his dialog like he is a freaking child, and Batman just assumes these jerkoffs are just going to listen to him for no reason

Agreed.

@lordofthenorth: No one saves the Bat! Batman's too bad @$$ for that! Batman fans are hilarious. Batman survived the Crime Syndicate, he was the lone survivor, the syndicate was in awe of him, but you're mad because he got saved?

And how would you have written that scene, Lex can outsmart him and Deathstroke owns him. Explain how Batman gets the Injustice gang to follow him?

The problem isn't that Batman got saved, the problem is that Geoff Johns consistently writes someone who is suppose to have one of the foremost brilliant and tactical minds on the planet like an idiot. Clearly, those villains were not going to follow Batman or listen to his rules, yet instead of biding his time, Batman acts like a petulant 8 year old child.

This sort of thing has been going on with Johns since GL: Rebirth when he had Batman try to stop Hal with a Bat-rope and later suggest that 4 Green Lanterns sit out trying to take down a giant earth threatening yellow space monster. *eye roll*

Geoff Johns hates Batman. This much is clear. He writes him time in and time out as an idiot and a jobber. Beyond that I find his writing banal and unimaginative. I stay current on whats going on in the DCU because I've loved these characters for a long time, but Geoff Johns is one of the main reasons why little of money longer supports DC comics.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rubear

@dbullo22 said:

Lol Batman in this issue.... the man has pride in his abilities to say the least.

Spoiler: He is Batman.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

dont argue its pointless.

i personally loved this issue.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought the great evil was Darksied but now...

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: it isnt pointless if some one can explain how Batman is written in character in this with an actual argument instead of just calling people who complain a fanboy than i will read that and try to dispute it. Thats what sites like this are for talking and arguing we care about

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like not enough happened in the main series to make this great its like we get glimpses and this is the continuation of trinity war? its issue 5 and we only got two good fights i the series and both were one sided beat downs ...blackadam vs ultraman and sinestro vs power-ring ....johns and company have to ramp up the action ,all of this that happened in issue 5 could have happened last issue.the only question i have is if luthor, batman and company defeat the syndicate? or if the big guns like wonder woman ,superman ect escape and save the day. and why in the world would sinestro, black manta and black adam agree to save nightwing? luthor would do it to have batman owe him a favor but the others no way....and i dont think sinestro would help luthor ,,,how does sinestro even know luthor anyway this is the new 52 they never met ! that has to be explained . what part of the old 52 applies ...explain ,,,,explain EXPLAIN !

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sasquatch888

@holyserpent said:

i thought the great evil was Darksied but now...

THE ANTI MONITOR? WHO IS IT????

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: for what I understand the Green lantern universe never was change in N52.

Also It can't be Anti monitor, we haven't been introduce to the monitors.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@sasquatch888: The real question is why does Batman want to save Nightwing ya he is his fromer sidekick but hundreds if not thousands of people are dieing every day and saving Nightwing helps no one but Nightwing now if he was trying to save Superman that would be different becuase of how powerful he is but focusing on Nightwing means Batman is being a selfess ass when millions of lives are at stake

dkmark96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Geoff Johns hates Batman, and he takes every opportunity to make him look like a little brat. Its not about him being saved, its about everything else.

Batman saying he wants to save Nightwing first and then take down the syndicate was wrong. It was ilogical. If he wants to sneak into the Syndicate's headquarters he doesnt need Black Adam or Bizarro.

Batman would have known that those villains were not going to listen to his rules. Instead of yelling at them he would have started working with them. Since he is the best strategist around (Luthor may be smarter but when it comes to succesful plans Batman is ahead) Luthor`s team would have done as he says.

I think the right way to write this would have been a Luthor and Batman team up. But Johns prefers to make Batman look stupid next to luthor.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShockTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part is the look they give Batman when he tries to tell them what to do. Catwoman has to tell him to sit his behind down before he gets jumped.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A loved the imagine on the last page reminded me of Doctor Who quite a bit but great issue.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm thoroughly enjoying Forever Evil, I just feel like it's moving waaaay too slow. With only 8 issues, I feel like more should be happening in each one.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Why cant there be a Buddy Cop Story with Power Ring and his Ring

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fans would be fans

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Personally, I wish he would of been written a bit more subtle and understanding. Not a fan of the way he handled the situation, when he came in and bossed everyone around without thinking it through. Also Lex couldn't of stopped him there, so even though he is a bit smarter wouldn't of helped him. Deathstroke wouldn't own him either, beat him, sure.. own him? No.

Anabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't say it better myself

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: well said. Even Sinestro stated he'd be a extremely powerful lantern if he embraced his fear

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CantDance93

@holyserpent: well we did see a flashback of some sort of the anti-monitor in Green Lantern Corps

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: so what everyone here is saying the same thing none of the bad guys have any reason what so ever to follow Batman. Our problem is instead of acting how Batman should he just starts yelling at them and just expects them to follow him to save Dick which dosnt make any sense to begain with. So Batman comes off as a whiny brat thats wants things done his way

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

While I'm thoroughly enjoying Forever Evil, I just feel like it's moving waaaay too slow. With only 8 issues, I feel like more should be happening in each one.

There are 7 issues.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Of coarse he's going to yell, there plan on killing the CS.

I think it makes they would save Dick Greyson because Lex is pretty much the leader of the team and he would save Grayson just to have batman owe him, also he was trying to convince batman to follow him

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: it was very short only in one panel, not missing much :D

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will admit that this issue was kind of slow and if maybe somehow they could've incorporated this issue with the last issue than that would have been better, but it was still a great issue, many new 'friendships' were created, if you can call it that. like Cold and Manta, Luther and Deathstroke, even Catwoman and black adam had a moment.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: he would if it was the JL ya but he is dealing with evil men so expicting them not to kill would be silly and he is out numbered so getting all upset and yelling at them to do what he says would more likely get him killed he would be better off joining them and biding his time until he can stop the CS his way. As for Nightwing maybe but Sinestro wouldnt give a damn and would just bamf off but even if your right their is still the problem why save Dick in the first place he isnt Superman who has enough power to turn the tide so saving Dick only puts his life at risk and maybe the only chance the Earth has so he is being selfess something that is completely isnt part of the character of Batman

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: he would if it was the JL ya but he is dealing with evil men so expicting them not to kill would be silly and he is out numbered so getting all upset and yelling at them to do what he says would more likely get him killed he would be better off joining them and biding his time until he can stop the CS his way. As for Nightwing maybe but Sinestro wouldnt give a damn and would just bamf off but even if your right their is still the problem why save Dick in the first place he isnt Superman who has enough power to turn the tide so saving Dick only puts his life at risk and maybe the only chance the Earth has so he is being selfess something that is completely isnt part of the character of Batman

You do realize he considers Dick Greyson his son right? A father would always try to rescue his son no matter what the circumstances are

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: first they are not father and son in the new 52 that relationship in that short amount of time dosnt make sense and even if that was the case Batman isnt like you or me he can make the hard choices and that is saving millions instead of one person

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the issue itself was decent, definitely WAS moving slow but I feel it is about to pick up a lot more now especially since there are only 2 issues left.

Also, not gonna lie but… The death of Power Ring REALLY surprised me. I didn't think they'd kill any members of the CSA. Also..THAT ENDING. Probably the biggest cliff hanger in New 52 history. I honestly thought the destroyer of E3 was Darkseid but now I'm thinking it's not... maybe its Imperiex or, dare I hope?, Anti-Monitor!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: and some how that involves wasting their time to save Nightwing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.