gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

I've been enjoying FOREVER EVIL but this issue feels like the heat has definitely been cranked up. There are a few different players involved but at no time does it feel too cluttered or like we're getting short-changed with some of the story. The opening pages deals with Batman and Catwoman at the Batcave. This moment alone is a big deal for the two and handled nicely. Geoff Johns had previously shown us parts of the Cave we were unaware existed, along with the fact that Batman has his contingency plans against the other members. Seeing this scene unfold was really cool. And there's still more to come after this part.

Johns also takes time to show us what's going on with Lex and his newly assembled crew (Bizarro, Black Manta, Black Adam and Captain Cold). Even though there's a lot going on with the story, we get some great moments where we get to see some more insight into these characters. Even though they're villains, Johns gives them some humanity. This is something we rarely see as we're not supposed to be able to connect with the bad guys. Let me just say again, we get some great moments with them.

The story doesn't just focus on Batman and Lex's angle against the Syndicate. We also see what Superwoman is up to. To top the issue off, there is a truly fantastic confrontation/battle at the end.

David Finch's art really shines here. There's so many big moments and he handles them with ease. You'll almost be happy we had so few new comics this week because you'll want to take the time and just keep looking over these pages to take it all in.

The Bad

The only complaint is in how short lived a moment with Batman was during a fight. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it. It's something fans have longed to see. It does happen but it's brief. Realistically, it is definitely for the best that it plays out this way. Otherwise Batman would be given too much power since we all say he is able to defeat anyone. This is a purely nitpick and selfish bit wanting to see more. Thankfully Johns handled it just right. In other words, there's really nothing to complain about with this issue.

The Verdict

The momentum in FOREVER EVIL is building to an explosive level. Geoff Johns is taking the idea of villains 'winning' to another level. We have different levels to sit back and watch as Batman (obviously) survived against the Crime Syndicate and Lex Luthor is becoming more and more of a star. David Finch captures each explosive moment in the comic with ease. There's a great variety in the story and you will want to take the time to see each scene play out. FOREVER EVIL is simply getting better and better.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

I kinda wish the Joker survived the Death of the Family story arc last year. It would be interesting to see how the Clown Prince of Crime fit into this story. Though I am happy they are giving the spotlight to other heroes villains. It always seems like Batman's rogues gallery gets shown to much.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

pick up today

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@crazyscarecrow: Well he's not dead if that's what you mean. I don't know, I kind of don't like it when Joker is hanging out with other villains.

Sounds good. Was debating whether to get this or Origins.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've loved Forever Evil so far but actually found this to be the worst yet. Finch's art was terrible in some scenes, especially when Ultraman is holding Kryptonite. The fight at the end was so short lived aswell. I'd still give 4/5 though. Of course this is just my opinion.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It may just be me, but it seems this event is taking FOREVER to tell.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake: I know he is not dead because DC wouldn't kill him off. The Joker makes DC way to much money. I just wish DC would let him comeback for the Forever Evil event.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason, I just can't stand the cover of this issue. I don't get why Lex and Batman are wrapping their legs around each other. It just looks so weird to me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Three months more of this lumbering nothingness... how eager I am for things to get back to normal...

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Three months more of this lumbering nothingness... how eager I am for things to get back to normal...

anandak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By anandak47

Where the f*** is the DOOM PATROL????????? As far as I know they have yet to make an appearance. And now they are battling they are battling Johnny Quick and Atomica out of nowhere

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@crazyscarecrow: What you mean by "(...)the Joker survived the Death of the Family story arc(...)"?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'll be getting this on thursday, can't wait!!

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DC has owned Marvel in the event departments for a while but Infinity destroys this event. Forever Evil has felt like it has gone for a year when it has only been 4 months. John's story is really weak, it's just as dark as they can make it. It's to the point it's more of a parody. Johns is normally amazing at coming up with well paced events but this one has been terrible.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anandak47: It's abit random, isn't it? I think we'll see them fighting Johhny quick. Ultraman fought Adam. Power Ring's been involved in fights as has Owlman so I think we'll see. As for them not being around, I like the fact they're unheard. Adds intrigue.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this one was bad yet again Johns makes batman look like a moron and uses Batman only as a set up from another character

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome event so far. I just finished reading Infinity and while I did like it, it lacked the characterization we're getting here. There's badass moments, interesting dialogue and character dynamics and the art has been great for the most part.

Seems like people are just tired of events in general, which I can understand. It seems like we keeping jumping from one to the other but hey, if you don't like it, stop reading it. Again, people will complain and bash something but continue to support it.....

Not everything in the world makes a whole lot of sense after all.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Master_Thief
    CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: At the end of Death of the Family, the Joker kidnapped the Bat family and brought them all down to the Batcave. During the whole thing the Joker tried to escape and Batman went chasing after. Joker and Bats got into a fight and Joker fell off a waterfall at the end.

@vitalius:Really? I thought he was "dead". What comic did reappear in?

Paul2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@anandak47: It's abit random, isn't it? I think we'll see them fighting Johhny quick. Ultraman fought Adam. Power Ring's been involved in fights as has Owlman so I think we'll see. As for them not being around, I like the fact they're unheard. Adds intrigue

We saw a "blink you missed it" cameo of them.

I think from Justice League 24.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By cameron83

Okay,this event isn't really "bad" in my opinion,but many parts are boring me because this event is taking way too long to tell. I mean,some of the developments feel as if they are moving along too slowly. There are many enjoyable parts to it,though. To tell you the truth,I am WAY more interested in the repercussions it will have on the DCu.

However,I also don't really like that you almost have to read some of the tie-ins to get what's going on,like what Superwoman references from JL 25

Lastly,and this is just a nitpick,but that fight that Batman had with Power Ring was pathetic. I didn't expect him to win (not at all. And I really loved seeing Batman in Sinestro Corps costume),but it was just a quick,3 second fight that was pathetic.

I liked Infinity WAY more than this....

But this isn't really THAT bad to tell you the truth. I would give it a 7/10 so far.

And there are many enjoyable parts to it on the bright side,it's just that there are some things that hinder it's enjoyment to me. Mostly,it's not that bad to me,just has some things that hinder it....like it taking forever to tell (not a joke).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I am somewhat in the middle for this event. It's far from perfect but not the festering boil of crap others are making it out to be. I'd give this issue around 3.5 - 4 stars.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

hahaha

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Oh my god, the cover art is soo bad.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this issue. The conversation between lex and bizarro was great. As for which event has been better I really enjoyed Infinfity from 1-4 but not the last two.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This event is long and boring ,and I dont see why Batman is necessary.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH I thought this issue kind of sucked...

I am a big Batman fan and I really hope this doesn't come of as too fanboyish, but the way Johns treated Batman felt kind of out of character for me. Why would a tactical genius like Batman decide to attempt to use an almost entirely empty Sinestro Ring against a fully charged power ring? I would rather Batman hid in the smoke and thought up a way to activate the mother box...

Kewirje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it, but I do think the pacing is way too slow and that it makes the event loose the hype.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really enjoying this longer form of event. Both BotA and Infinity felt far to rushed.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate they take the choice away from me about this. I want to read a book about the heroes, not villains for the next year and heroes struggling with people locked away. This is dragging on way too long and already bored.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By mightyrearranger

Yes, I'd much prefer more issues of Superman trading hits with psychic d-bags who are given 0 character development before confrontations.

C'mon! Now that this series has set things up, we've got Cap Cold wielding his trusty gun again (yes!!), a pissed off Black Adam (always a good thing), Bizarro actually talking and learning, and most importantly, Lex narrating and giving layers of PERSONALITY to his team.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@theocitylegend: Batman has no idea of what's been taking place in outer space with the corps also the fact I dont believe they have shown us the new yellow power battery explains why batman didnt know the ring was almost empty =)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By TDK_1997

I said it before and I will say it again - Forever Evil is better than Infinity.So far the two main series - Justice League and the Forever Evil mini - have been just perfect and I don't have a single problem.The Cryme Syndicate is just awesomely written and finally Johns has gotten a hold of the characters.

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn if batman had kept the you know what he would be so op, nicely played johns U_U

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kazekaine1

@tdk_1997 said:

I said it before and I will say it again - Forever Evil is better than Infinity.So far the two main series - Justice League and the Forever Evil mini - have been just perfect and I don't have a single problem.The Cryme Syndicate is just awesomely written and finally Johns has gotten a hold of the characters.

i agree the main event of infinity was good but the tie-ins where crap and added nothing felt like a drag to read at times, even if you just read the core issues of infinity you're not missing out on anything, but with JL adds some great backstory on the crime syndicate

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

i agree the main event of infinity was good but the tie-ins where crap and added nothing felt like a drag to read at times, even if you just read the core issues of infinity you're not missing out on anything, but with JL adds some great backstory on the crime syndicate

The only good Infinity tie-ins were the New Avengers ones but even they weren't helping the main story that much.I liked them more only because of the fact that they were centered more around the Illuminati,Earth and Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrgreenlantern: When he first showed Catwoman the ring he stated that it was almost empty. This proves that he did charge in knowing the ring would not last.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes, this IS better than Infinity, considering half of the event was a waste of space in space, they should have made the entire thing about Thanos, not those boring World builders.

Having said that...Forever Evil.needs to hurry it up, or at least have tie ins that matter to remind me the event is actually going on.

Avatar image for josethalion2151982
    josethalion2151982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So while i think Forever Evil 4 had a lot of cool moments. But can anyone tell me what is the point of this series. At this point the remaining issues need to come out. cause the wait is so loooong. Also is there not another writer thats capable of writing event stories.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This event has not captured my imagination in the ways that I had hoped. Feels like I've been waiting around for things to happen since Trinity War...

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome issue. Can it give Infinity a run for the money?

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this.

Love the dynamic between Cold, Manta, Bizarro, etc.

Yellow Ring was badass, even if it was short lived.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Superbat420

I understand why batman lost against power ring, but lets be honest. It would of made a lot more sense if catwoman did it, while batman attempted to operate the mother box. Js. Only problem with the series besides I feel like its been dragged out and we all kind of know how its going to end. I don't see them blowing my mind. But great event. Buying every issue and tie in. Good story telling.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.