gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

When this story started, events jumped forward a little. We knew the Crime Syndicate arrived to face the different Justice Leagues and somehow utterly defeated them all. Getting little pieces to the puzzle and seeing how certain individuals managed to escape is what moves the story forward. Regardless of what happens or how bad things get in a comic book story, there is always hope. The glimpse we got at the end of last issue and in this issue is enough to let heroes know that, somehow, the heroes will overcome this dire situation. It just might take a little assistance from those you would least expect.

That's perhaps what makes this story even more interesting, the villains refusing to bow down to the Crime Syndicate. Supervillains are often misunderstood. Some of them have their motivations for their actions. There's a reason they may dress up in a crazy suit and do the things they do. They have different scopes on what they want to accomplish and not many of them wish the utter destruction of world around them. That's where a select few villains will gather their forces figure out how to stand up to the power of the Syndicate. This will allow us to see these characters in a new light as their motive of revenge or even monetary gain will have to be set aside. It's time for them to stand up and become heroes themselves, no matter how foreign the idea may be to them.

Geoff Johns gives us a look at some of the villains willing to take a stand. Continuing from JUSTICE LEAGUE #24, we see the continuation of the encounter between Ultraman and Black Adam. David Finch's art captures the action and you almost feel each blow. It's an ugly time in the New 52 but Finch's art makes even the bad look really really good.

The Bad

This issue is assuming you are reading other issues, such as JUSTICE LEAGUE or ROGUES REBELLION. The tie in books are part of the overall story but those just wanting to read this main series will find moments where the action is already underway, continuing from another book. Those two, in particular, have been really good but whenever you're forced to read the tie ins to follow the main story, it's a bit of a bummer.

Along with that, while there are some developments towards the overall story here, it almost felt like there was more action in some of the tie ins. This issue is moving the story forward and setting up the alliance certain villains will form. Aside from the continuation of the fight between Ultraman and Black Adam, we don't get much of that big blockbuster action that plays a big part in this story. This issue is definitely setting up a very big stage for what's to come.

The Verdict

Things were looking bad in the New 52 with the Crime Syndicate proclaiming their rule after defeating the Justice League. This issue shows there is still hope as some unlikely candidates will be stepping forward to try to save the day. Geoff Johns gives us more answers and sets the stage for the next part as we find out what happened and who will be playing a bigger role in upcoming issues. David Finch's art nicely captures the essence of the story and Sonia Oback's colors compliments it to create the perfect tone. This is an event where you'll want to follow some of the tie in issues to get the full story. But with so much potential action and suspense, you won't want to miss what happens.

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
    RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

5/5 for me but i do read all the tie ins so i cant speak to that part, but this issue was fantastic, Im loving everything about forever evil with the tie ins and all,its a must read storyline.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I feel like this book is going to be the glue for what is happening in JL, JLA, and the tie-ins and I'll have to read all of them to know what's going to happen

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really love that cover... I can't wait for this to come out tomorrow!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@redhoodflashlantern: I'm reading probably 99% of them as well. But I have to try to look at the big picture. It almost felt as if more little things happened in those while this is still cooking up the main course.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wanna see what Darkseid is like on Earth 3.

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
    RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: yea i completely agree If you were not reading the tie ins your def missing some key parts but if you do read them you def get more out of it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I wanna see what Darkseid is like on Earth 3.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF DARKSIDE RULER OF APOCALYPSE

I assume they just spell his name right and his world :]

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UltimateSMfan

I loved this issue!! didn't really have a problem cause i'm up to date with all the tie ins,definitely one of my picks of the week.

P.S. Bizzaro's sleeves are possessed!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I HATE that...

Captain Cold lost his powers. Him fighting Flash with his powers made sense before because he had a cold field around him that slowed the Flash down enough for him to hit the Flash. Now what? He uses a cold gun again? Flash should just be able to pull it away from him before he even pull the trigger. -_- Geoff Johns regresses yet another character for no reason.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By New_World_Order
    Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

With Finch behind the art I would pretty much buy any title out there to see his work. A sprinkle of Black Adam, a smidge of Luthor in his suit, um ... yes please.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was unexpected...

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Herokiller12344

@herokiller12344: wouldn't it be the same Darkseid?

In the New52 yeah. But I've always Wondered about E-3 Darkseid. He'd be a good guy right? Basically, intergalactic Superman.

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So rogues rebellion # 2 isn't worth reading since it already happened in forever evil #3

Hopefully it will give us more than just a rehash of what already happened

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I really didn't like the fact that this issue spoiled the Rogues Rebellion fight. Solid issue otherwise. The Firestorm Matrix being the Leagues' trap was a theory that had been floating around for a while. It's one of the better possible ideas.

Is that what's keeping the League imprisoned? I only guessed it when I saw the alternate cover on here so I hadn't heard of this theory floating around. Explains Jason/Ronnie's presence though I guess.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot better than last months. I thought they gave each scene just enough time with out being rushed which is really hard to do. I doubt they would re hash the rouge scene to much I mean if your reading Rouges Rebellion odds are you are reading Forever: Evil.

Over all a solid issue and I am enjoying this so far more than either of the Marvel events.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god captain cold is such a badass! how do the rogues get overlooked so damn often...

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I have not yet read this, but I if I understand correctly, the main complaint is that this issue is not so strong by itself, but that its strength lies in the overall picture it is a part of. With Forever Evil I felt they were trying something very big and I think the overall story is pretty great (although I am not a big fan of the Crime Syndicate). Nevertheless, I think some of the issues individually might not be so strong as they have to lay the links between all of these different stories going on (Supervillains like Luthor and Black Adam rising up, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham Wars, Steve Trevor and Argus, what happened to the Justice League, what happened to the Justice League of America, what happened to the Teen Titans, Suicide Squad tie-ins).

Anyways, I look forward to reading this issue!

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great issue. im sure captain cold will get his powers back

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I was absolutely gutted about that I'm hoping Luthor can do something to restore his powers or something I just want him to have his powers back

maxpower123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG I want more! I wonder who attacked earth 3.

QuantumVertex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only complaint is, the book wasn't long enough! I want to see more of this storyline like pronto opposed to having to wait so darn long! Great book! Loved when Black Adam got his jaw broke that was dope!

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

its kinda funny to think about all the complaints when the rogues became meta's but now cold's lost em we want em back =p

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By manwithoutshame

I thought this issue was a little weak. Not a whole lot happened. 3.5/5

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way Black Adam went out...lol

Chewblocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344: @colanicole: It would be the same Darkseid. Darkseid is a god who can breach dimensions and multiverses. The Darkseid one shot and Batman/Superman's first arc pretty much confirmed that.

I could be wrong tho.

On another note, MAN that fight scene was wicked! David Finch's art is just on a whole 'nother level!

Anyone else agree that he draws Batman better now than he did when he was on Batman:TDK ?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

Is it just me,or was Bizarro's suit inconsistent? He had armor at the beginning of the issue, but the tee shirt at the end.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

This event has been great. I just hope it doesn't fall apart like all these events nowadays. I

Chewblocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

travmadison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally disagree with the statement that you had to know what was going on in JL 24 or Rouges reb. Both of those subjects were summed up perfectly in FE 3. Adam explained why he was after Ultraman and the Rouges both explained why they were not going with the C.S. So not really needed to read either to know why things are how they are.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By patrat18

I could see the battle threads for Deathstorm right now.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick475069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should have known that fight with Black Adam would go the way it did.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue sucked.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheFirstLantern

I really enjoyed this. The mystery of the Justice League keeps growing. The prison being Firestorm's matrix and Dr. Morrow thinking that it would have exploded might be the reason the CS said the Justice League is dead. It explains the solicit of JLA 9 "Manhunter claws out of the fire" or something like that. I just don't like that Batman is going to be Batman. It ruins it for me a little. Disliked how Captain Cold was taken out by Deathstorm pretty quickly and lost his powers hope he gets them back. I seriously wonder how Sinestro will be a part of this. We get Owlman's origin in the next JL issue and looks like Forever Evil Argus will be turning things up a notch this coming issue. I am liking this very much. Finch's art really goes with the tone of the book.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@herokiller12344: Maybe he likes to make a lotta babies and give hugs instead of kill stuff and torture people?

El_Burrito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even understand how Ultraman took out Black Adam. He grabbed his face and threw him away and that was it. How did that completely knock out Black Adam?

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KingAres109

Quick acts like a douche... But a very cool 1.And is this issues really worth buying??

Nightwing128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope i'll be ok with just reading the main series and the JLD tie ins since I read that series in general. I can't afford picking up more titles for the sake of this event :/. I will say I almost came close to buying Rouges Rebellion cause I love the characters and the creative team seems solid but I held back

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm loving this series. My biggest worry right now is that Batman might steal the show and end up being the main hero of the story instead of Lex. I really don't want Batman used to downplay Luthor's intelligence. Can't wait to see more.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

good issue but the way they mishandle Adam....

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Solid issue.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Manta like a boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.