Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

Will Flashpoint Be Temporary?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Do you think that everything will go back to normal?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Did you miss the whole "DCU Reboot" thing? O_o 

It's OMD for the entire DCU.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is acting like these massive retcons are a new thing, Did no one read Crisis on Infinite Earths, or Zero Hour, or Infinite Crisis, or Final Crisis(can't even say that title with a strait face) 

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe said:
    I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is acting like these massive retcons are a new thing, Did no one read Crisis on Infinite Earths, or Zero Hour, or Infinite Crisis, or Final Crisis(can't even say that title with a strait face) 
    Because they changed a few things, altered individual pieces of history here and there. They didn't nuke 70 years worth of stories in order to appeal to morons with more money than brains.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Actually thats pretty much exactly what the first crisis did
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @joshmightbe said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: Actually thats pretty much exactly what the first crisis did

There was no continuity when COIE happened,nobody got enough development for people to miss them.This is different,characters have been given so much development that even thinking about going back to the basics makes my head hurt.Btw i'm certain that stories which had a sense of continuity and development still stuck after COIE.Like Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans,and some of Dennis O'Neal's stories. 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @entropy_aegis: I doubt very seriously that they're going to eliminate every thing from previous continuity I'm just worried that with Johns running the show that they're just going to jump right back into the silver age and I stopped taking any silver age DC comics seriously when I was 10 cause quite frankly it was just god damned silly no matter how much nostalgia Johns has for it
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @joshmightbe said:
    @entropy_aegis: I doubt very seriously that they're going to eliminate every thing from previous continuity I'm just worried that with Johns running the show that they're just going to jump right back into the silver age and I stopped taking any silver age DC comics seriously when I was 10 cause quite frankly it was just god damned silly no matter how much nostalgia Johns has for it
    I believe it has been confirmed that Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night are in canon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Did you miss the whole "DCU Reboot" thing? O_o   It's OMD for the entire DCU.
    Yes, I saw it. But I don't think these new costumes will stay for long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinite Crisis and that will still be canon.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    They will. At least 5 years or so. They've been designed deliberately for easy transfer to film too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    They will. At least 5 years or so. They've been designed deliberately for easy transfer to film too.
    Seriously? 5 years? I'd at-least expect a few months for Superman's new costume to stay. DC has just gotten scared due to this legal battle crap. Superman has had his costume changed many times, but in the end he goes back to his normal costume.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Seriously? 5 years? I'd at-least expect a few months for Superman's new costume to stay. DC has just gotten scared due to this legal battle crap. Superman has had his costume changed many times, but in the end he goes back to his normal costume.
    Why do you think they've changed it? The Shuster/Siegels are set to win the symbol, hence why Jim changed it. They've also de-aged Clark so as to rewrite much of his earlier years (the stuff the heirs would lay claim to), they're covering their asses. And that will probably be the suit seen in Man of Steel too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Why do you think they've changed it? The Shuster/Siegels are set to win the symbol, hence why Jim changed it. They've also de-aged Clark so as to rewrite much of his earlier years (the stuff the heirs would lay claim to), they're covering their asses. And that will probably be the suit seen in Man of Steel too.
    Wait, they've won? The way I see it, if Shuster/Siegel lose, the costume comes back. Because the new suit looks horrible.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Wait, they've won? The way I see it, if Shuster/Siegel lose, the costume comes back. Because the new suit looks horrible.
    They haven't won, but there's every chance the symbol will be caught up in legislation for years, why bother with the headache? This suit will be here for a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    They haven't won, but there's every chance the symbol will be caught up in legislation for years, why bother with the headache? This suit will be here for a while.
    Well, there's a chance I guess. I'm just not a fan of the new costume. 
    KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By KZR

I really hope the changes during and after Flashpoint are temporary. I mean it's going to be really difficult to keep track of all these changes, when some characters have been built up over many years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.