where to start in the event

#1 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

well always read marvel but i am kinda sick of fear itself and trying to get into flashpoint but i dont know any DC stuff
so can someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction of where to start stuff like prelude prequels and stuff like that also what ongoing series tie ins are helpful to the plot

please help fear itself is a waste of money

#2 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

help?

#3 Posted by Sasuke (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Your best bet is to go out and get the main flashpoint books. None of the ongoings tie into it except booster gold. And the perlude stuff in the flash anit really worth it. You should read the reviews up on the site too see if any of the tie-ins are worth your time but you really dont need them to figure out whats happening in the main book.  

#4 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: You should probably read the last Flash series by Geoff Johns before you start Flashpoint. It's only 12 issues long.
#5 Edited by The Stegman (20769 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary
if you have the money to spare, read the Geoff Johns Flash, i think the collected edition is out, however if you can't afford it, no biggie, it's not crucial to Flashpoint, as for the main arc, start at Flash point #1 the tie ins aren't that important, but i would read Flashpoint "Wonder woman and the furies" and flaspoing "Emperor Aquaman' to see how the war in the story started, other than that the other tie ins are just for fun

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.