Questions about FlashPoint 5 (may contatin Spoilers)

#1 Edited by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I dont have enough money for FlashPoint #5 this week, and I read a ton of reviews about it. So this is what I have gathered Thomas is Batman and Barry is with him, the war is waging fast. Does Barry save or let his mom go??? What does Zoom do exactley in this issue? Who's fault was it for altering time??? Oh and please dont spoil Justice League #1 for me, only stick to everything in Flashpoint #5. and please use scans if you can.

#2 Posted by guyver 0 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to add how is Batman ok with the Flash coming into the bat cave in Flashpoint 5 when in Justice League he doesn't know Hal and is only aware of Superman... surely that doesnt really make sense...

#3 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@guyver 0: In JL it does a "Five Years Earlier" flashback. Hence why he didn't know Hal. Most of that issue was a flashback.
#4 Edited by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47 said:

Ok so I dont have enough money for FlashPoint #5 this week, and I read a ton of reviews about it. So this is what I have gathered Thomas is Batman and Barry is with him, the war is waging fast. Does Barry save or let his mom go??? What does Zoom do exactley in this issue? Who's fault was it for altering time??? Oh and please dont spoil Justice League #1 for me, only stick to everything in Flashpoint #5. and please use scans if you can.

1..  He doesn't need to save his mom...she's in no danger
2...  Zoom resets Barry's internal vibrations making Barry remember everything and then beats the snot out of him before Batman kills him
3.. Barry's....it's the anniversary of finding out that Zoom killed his mother so Barry is so upset that he uses the cosmic treadmill to go back and save her...thus causing Flashpoint

@guyver 0 said:

I'd like to add how is Batman ok with the Flash coming into the bat cave in Flashpoint 5 when in Justice League he doesn't know Hal and is only aware of Superman... surely that doesnt really make sense...

JL#1 is set 5 years in the past....when Barry leaves the Flashpoint timeline he enters the present of the DCnU where he and Barry already know each other
#5 Posted by guyver 0 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

oh yeah, I completely missed that caption... so old dcu barry goes into new dcu barry??? Will the rest of the justice league series be a prequel? is action comics a prequel to justice league? the answer has brought up too many other questions!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#6 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@guyver 0: Action Comics is before Justice League and Superman. Detective Comics I think is around the same time as Batman. Justice League is 5 years in the past. But the connection between Flash Point and DCnU is confusing me.
#7 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok So whos fault is it???? Flash or Zoom????????????

#8 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom states it is Barry's fault. Barry (upon his memories being restored) remembers that it was in fact his fault, using the treadmill to try and go back in time to revive mum. In the end he does let his mother go, presumably at her request when he reveals his attempt to save her to begin with altered time and ended up killing millions upon millions of people in the process (the whole atleanten/amazonian war, and his own intrusion on the war involving all the other heroes, etc.)

#9 Posted by HubrisRanger (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

Zoom states it is Barry's fault. Barry (upon his memories being restored) remembers that it was in fact his fault, using the treadmill to try and go back in time to revive mum. In the end he does let his mother go, presumably at her request when he reveals his attempt to save her to begin with altered time and ended up killing millions upon millions of people in the process (the whole atleanten/amazonian war, and his own intrusion on the war involving all the other heroes, etc.)

This, essentially. Barry tried to save his mother, but his intervention caused major fractures in the timeline, and caused the Flashpoint universe to be created. Zoom was freed from having to allow Barry to become the Flash, because he was now a time paradox. He tried to kill Barry, but Thomas Wayne stopped him by stabbing him through the heart. Barry, on the insistence of his mother, went back in time to stop himself from stopping Zoom from killing her. When he returned to the present, however, he saw a vision of a strange purple woman who said that three worlds have been joined now, meaning the DCU, Wildstorm Universe and various Vertigo Titles who were in sketchy continuity anyway.

As far as the new timeline goes: Action Comics is the earliest point of the DCU, the early adventures of Superman, the new DCU's first superhero. Justice League takes place "Five Years Ago", at least for the first arc, and tells the formation of the current version of the League. All other series take place in the "current day", but will likely have occasional flashbacks to fill in the holes as well as get new readers up to speed on what they have to know.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.