Hint They're Tying the Revamp into Flashpoint

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping against hope that DC would be tying the revamp into Flashpoint instead of just y'know...doing it.

Yesterday the (full) roster of the Justice League was released

And in it we see Element Woman, a character who has so far appeared only in Flashpoint and leads me to believe that the revamp will have something to do with the Flashpoint story arc.

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

It is quite possible. I would like to see more of Element Woman. But I doubt that it Power Girl.

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to see the Outsider and the SHAZAM agents also moving through to the new universe. 

Abin sur too but it would be too much to ask wouldn't it?

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Image is courtesy of DC Women Kicking Ass on tumblr

Gracias. Very nice image. 

I also hope that Shazam could transfer through..not quite sure I would want his character dependent on 7 kids coming together all the time though =\
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Gracias. Very nice image. I also hope that Shazam could transfer through..not quite sure I would want his character dependent on 7 kids coming together all the time though =\

De nada. If you have a tumblr, you should follow them. There's tons of awesome stuff on there :)

I agree, not sure how much I enjoy that take on the character. Of course, they could end up doing kind of an Age of X thing and use Flashpoint to explain it and keep bits and pieces from it (Chamber, Revenant, memories etc), instead of changing the status quo to the Flashpoint universe, which it doesn't really seem like they're doing.

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
It is quite possible. I would like to see more of Element Woman. But I doubt that it Power Girl.
Johns twitted that its not a blonde so I'm pretty sure now its Zealot 

@Kallarkz said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

Gracias. Very nice image.  I also hope that Shazam could transfer through..not quite sure I would want his character dependent on 7 kids coming together all the time though =\
Then again. This is what DC did with the classical form of Captain Marvel: 

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter: Yeah, they definitely have little to no respect for the Marvel family.

#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter: Zealot? Pretty interesting choice. I would like to see her there.

They just don't know what to do with the Marvels.
#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Nighthunter: Yeah, they definitely have little to no respect for the Marvel family.

which is ironic considering that Johns loves the family and gets them.
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

And she does appear to have white hair as opposed to blonde. Good call.

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Kallarkz said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Gracias. Very nice image. I also hope that Shazam could transfer through..not quite sure I would want his character dependent on 7 kids coming together all the time though =\

De nada. If you have a tumblr, you should follow them. There's tons of awesome stuff on there :)

I agree, not sure how much I enjoy that take on the character. Of course, they could end up doing kind of an Age of X thing and use Flashpoint to explain it and keep bits and pieces from it (Chamber, Revenant, memories etc), instead of changing the status quo to the Flashpoint universe, which it doesn't really seem like they're doing.

Very true. 

@The Dark Huntress said:

They don't at all. That scene was just saddening. Seemed like the final nail they were going to put into the coffin of the Marvel family.
#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

which is ironic considering that Johns loves the family and gets them.

I think it's more sad than anything.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

They don't at all. That scene was just saddening. Seemed like the final nail they were going to put into the coffin of the Marvel family.

Couldn't agree more :(

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Plus she was created by Jim Lee. 
#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

the chick is Zealot. 

maybe they're replacing Metamorpho with Element Woman...........
#17 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a very interesting line-up. I like it. I would like to see Martian Manhunter back though. Still not sure about him being in Stromwatch.

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
It is a very interesting line-up. I like it. I would like to see Martian Manhunter back though. Still not sure about him being in Stromwatch.
couldn't agree more 

oh and on topic. I'm pretty sure that the Canterbury Cricket will also go on to the new universe. No way that DC would give him his own one-shot if not
#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Plus she was created by Jim Lee.

Oooh, good point!

I'm actually really excited about it (likely) being her.

#20 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter: Plus I don't like Apollo's and Midnighter's new costumes. 

Who is the Canterbury Cricket?
#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides Blackout...is there any other original character of the Flashpoint universe?

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
Besides Blackout...is there any other original character of the Flashpoint universe?
Blackout? Never heard of him before but I haven't read all the tie-ins. Well the Outsider and Element Woman, although based on previous characters, seem to be new.
#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackout was in the first issue of Flashpoint actually, oh and I meant besides the characters that we already mentioned

Blackout and Outsider
#24 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh I remember him now. Well Penthesilea from the Amazons seem to be new.

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

Mindwarp is new
#26 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Mindwarp is new

Any pic of him?

Also Alexandra Gianopoulos seems to be new. She appears in the Booster Gold tie-in.
#27 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. no pics so far
#28 Posted by ZacCooper (105 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is any real surprise...the last issue of the reality warping miniseries Flashpoint comes out in September and the new JLA book comes out the same day

#30 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
Element Woman is lame compared to "metamorpho" and "shift." Better name please. And didn't Sandman have a female metamorpho-like character?
#31 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84518 posts) - - Show Bio

Former Wildstorm characters have also started to surface in Flashpoint which leads me to believe they'll be integrated into the canon DCU during the revamp.

#32 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

I had assumed Flashpoint was going to kick this all of somehow anyway, from an outside perspective it seems natural.

#33 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Element Woman is lame compared to "metamorpho" and "shift." Better name please. And didn't Sandman have a female metamorpho-like character?

Element Girl

@Gambler said:

Former Wildstorm characters have also started to surface in Flashpoint which leads me to believe they'll be integrated into the canon DCU during the revamp.

hasn't that already been established what with Martian Manhunter being part of Stormwatch?

#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84518 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek the lost: Forgot about that

#35 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

@fodigg said:

Element Girl

@Gambler said:

hasn't that already been established what with Martian Manhunter being part of Stormwatch?

plus there's a Grifter ongoing and a Voodoo ongoing coming with the relaunch
#36 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84518 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Yup, but we actually see Grifter in Flashpoint which was unexpected.

#37 Posted by Outside_85 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a note; Johns has said the mystery woman is not a blond and none of the guesses he's see has been the right one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.