Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

Giving "Flashpoint" a send off.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Edited By Trodorne

Based on news article : see here.

No Caption Provided

So recently this week we got our first issue of Flash in the new story arch that will be "Speeding through the DC Universe itself. Flashpoint. I could not help but to wonder how this would all tie in to the current universe and to the previous story arch  The Dastardly Deaths of the Rogues; It has been hinted in that someone is changing things as we know it in the current DC continuity, and that Another Speedster has been teased in images riding a motorcycle using the speed force.

Francis Manapul in an interview with Matt Moore of the Associated Press discussed The Flash series itself. saying that he wanted to maked the series "Fast" and focusing on velocity and speed. This has been done well in the latest series of The Flash. Scenes with him running up walls, running across helicopter blades. etc. this is the focus Francis wanted to put on this super hero. 

"It's all building to this big crossover with Flashpoint which takes the central character of The Flash and makes him the focal point of the DC Universe," Manapul said.

It was said that this event would encompass the likes of Batman, Wonder Woman, and other characters as this 14 separate title(with 3 issue) story arch goes on. Though DC is keeping the story line very hush hush. Francis did say he enjoys collaborating with Geoff Johns and likes the relationship he has had working with him since Adventure comics. The Torontonian resident loves his work and continues to wow readers with his art interpretations in the DCU. 

As we come to a speedy end to this blog and starting anew in a brand new crossover story arch from DC, Will readers feel inclined to jump on board with Flashpoint, with Brightest Day still running and War of the Green Lanterns coming out next month, Will new and old readers find Flashpoint to be a great new streak to add to their collection. I personally will be hopping aboard this Scarlet speed train.
    thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thechessclub

Yeah I'm stoked too. All of the 3 issue mini's sound intriguing and with DC's (ingenious) $2.99 price point  I can't see a good reason not to partake. I even want to get the old 3 part prestige format Elseworld that probably has nothing to do with this at all=P But I do love Elseworlds, so it will be needed in my collection none the less

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Trodorne

Thanks for point out that mistake i made. it is 15 parts but spread across the DC universe. so there will be lots of one shot issues.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself
    @Trodorne said:
    " Thanks for point out that mistake i made. it is 15 parts but spread across the DC universe. so there will be lots of one shot issues. "
    no one shots at all...fourteen 3 issue miniseries
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Trodorne
    @danhimself said:
    " @Trodorne said:
    " Thanks for point out that mistake i made. it is 15 parts but spread across the DC universe. so there will be lots of one shot issues. "
    no one shots at all...fourteen 3 issue miniseries "
    Thats one thing i did never fully understand of how they were setting it up. so there is 15 titles with 3 issues for each title then?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself
    @Trodorne said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Trodorne said:
    no one shots at all...fourteen 3 issue miniseries "
    Thats one thing i did never fully understand of how they were setting it up. so there is 15 titles with 3 issues for each title then? "
    14 titles, 3 issues a piece
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Trodorne
    @danhimself:correction made thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.