Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

Discontinuing Flashpoint this week...

Avatar image for goodnightmoon_knight
    GoodnightMoon_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm discontinuing Flashpoint this week and am really having mixed feeling about it. I've always enjoyed alternate universe type arcs and thus far I've mostly really enjoyed the writing. So why stop getting them in my weekly pull? Well no matter how much I'm really enjoying the story itself, and the chance to get back into DC in general it mostly falls into economics. I'm having trouble justifying paying to see Flashpoint through the end, when in the end none of it will matter. I picked up every one of the starting Flashpoint comics but just to complete out what I have would cost over $100. That's a lot of cash. It's easier to look at the pull every week and not think it's that much but when I look at it like this I just can't justify it. But I always feel bad to cancel subscriptions cause the owner of my local shop is such a great guy and his kids are always running around the shop. And there is that collector's need to finish a collection out. Either way I'm canceling later today. Maybe it'd be different if the relaunch wasn't 2 months away or there were permanent implications. Once the relaunch starts I'll be selectively coming back to DC.  
    Am I the only one who is feeling this way? Anyone else done this?

keith71_98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By keith71_98

I'm actually really enjoying it, more so than most alternate reality stuff. now is the time I'm really excited. I made it through the wave of tie-in books to find the ones that interest me. I also know that reading these will lead up to the "revamp" , "reboot", whatever in September.  

Just my opinion but I've found it to be a pretty fun read.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Just buy the main issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.