Details Released on Animated 'Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox'

• 73 results
Posted by G-Man (37623 posts) - - Show Bio

There's been rumors of a Flashpoint animated movie for some time. Earlier this month it was confirmed and more information has been released.

DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation will release the movie on July 30, 2013 on Blu-ray combo pack (including UltraViolet), DVD and Digital Download. Similar to previous releases, the movie will have a PG-13 rating.

The official description is as follows:

When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for Flash and his family, the event’s temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman’s Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash’s original timeline.

The voice cast includes Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy) and Kevin McKidd (Grey’s Anatomy), the voices of Barry Allen/Flash and Thomas Wayne/Batman, respectively, Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale, Friday Night Lights, Chronicle) as Cyborg, C. Thomas Howell (Southland, The Outsiders) as Thawne/Professor Zoom, Nathan Fillion (Castle) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ron Perlman (Hellboy) as Slade and Deathstroke, Dana Delany (Body of Proof) as Lois Lane, Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as Aquaman, Danny Huston (Magic City) as General Lane and Sam Daly (The Office, The Daly Show) as Superman. There cast also includes the one and only Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman.

Sounds like that's all we need to know. Screenwriter Jim Krieg will adapt the Geoff Johns/Andy Kubert story, Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) is the director and James Tucker (Superman: Unbound) is producing.

The release will also feature over three hours of special features.

A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.

My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!

A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.

From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes

The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary

Mark your calendars. This sounds like it's going to be great.

#1 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks like some strange version of Panthro. Or a Panthro Apocalypse amalgamation.

#2 Edited by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, YES, YES!!!

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34259 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

Batman looks like some strange version of Panthro. Or a Panthro Apocalypse amalgamation.

I think he looks like Batzarro

#4 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

Ohhhh, nice. Good call.

#5 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang this is COOL! DC animated films I love ya, be good to me.

#6 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. I loved that story.

#7 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... at least they got Kevin Conroy to be Batman again?

#8 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (661 posts) - - Show Bio

im so glad this is actually happening and the quick the better =p so happy kevin broke the news on this about a year ago but its still nice for confirmation

#9 Edited by Mini_Bat (103 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

batman gets the best animation. dc is like: 'let's get the cheap anime stuff for flash. it's not like he's awesome. or batman.' i'm hoping it's not batman centric but who am i kidding.

#11 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@gambler said:

Ohhhh, nice. Good call.

Thomas Wayne

#12 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited O_O Flashpoint was my first DC event I ever read and I quite enjoyed it.

#13 Posted by UrbanChill (231 posts) - - Show Bio

man this is amazing news

now the only story left i want to see animated is the hush storyline

#14 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not super happy about everything in the new 52, but Flashpoint had some great features. Agent Cyborg? Yes. Alt. Batman? Yes. Team THUNDER? Dig it. Crazed Aquaman? Triple-check. Vicious Wonder Woman wearing Aquaman's wife's helm as a trophy? Yeah...yeah that's the stuff.

Needed more Booster Gold, but otherwise it was pretty sweet.

#15 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6284 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Gotham331 (204 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be so great

#17 Posted by NICKXH (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this.

#18 Posted by Dud317 (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome, but I'm more curious as to what's next?

#19 Posted by andy_117 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Ron Perlman as Deathstroke.

OH. MY. GOD.

#20 Posted by DarthStorm (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@andy_117 said:

Ron Perlman as Deathstroke.

OH. MY. GOD.

YEAH!!!! PLUS NATHAN FILLION AS HAL JORDAN!!!

#21 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11816 posts) - - Show Bio

...Yes

...Just...Yes

#23 Posted by bob808 (6780 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Daniel_Newton (46 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds amazing. Kind of hope Conroy makes his voice a little huskier or something, standard Conroy Batman is fine, but altering it to fit the character better would be nice.

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I know its relevant considering we have the New 52 now that justifies having a Flashpoint animated film but...wouldn't it have been better to have other major events done for animated first? I mean what about any of the Crises first before this at the least? Or maybe that's something they are considering now, I don't know. Maybe I just think too linear or something. Still, I think this will be awesome!

#26 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathan Fillion (Castle) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ron Perlman (Hellboy) as Slade/Deathstroke, Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as Aquaman, and the one and only Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman...

#27 Edited by judasnixon (6918 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that is one hell of a cast for a direct to DVD animated movie......

#28 Edited by G-Man (37623 posts) - - Show Bio

Original post updated with Blu-ray cover art.

#29 Posted by Equonox (967 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'm not super happy about everything in the new 52, but Flashpoint had some great features. Agent Cyborg? Yes. Alt. Batman? Yes. Team THUNDER? Dig it. Crazed Aquaman? Triple-check. Vicious Wonder Woman wearing Aquaman's wife's helm as a trophy? Yeah...yeah that's the stuff.

Needed more Booster Gold, but otherwise it was pretty sweet.

Agreed on all accounts (tho I think I enjoy the new 52 a bit more than you). This movie, if it follows Flashpoint closely, will be AWESOME.

#30 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell Yeah, this is awesome news. Super Excited for this.

#31 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@gambler said:

Ohhhh, nice. Good call.

Thomas Wayne

Yeah no we know who it "actually" is. We're just saying that in that particular screen cap he looks like the aforementioned characters :)

#32 Edited by Akindoodle (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping the that the animation looks better than the pics featured here but other than that

Nathan Fillion (Castle) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ron Perlman (Hellboy) as Slade/Deathstroke, Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as Aquaman, and the one and only Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman...

Pretty much this

#33 Edited by Crucible248 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds awesome, but who is voicing Wonder Woman? they seem to have forgotten that part.

#34 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Was wondering when this was going to come out.

#35 Edited by Arthurized (17 posts) - - Show Bio

No Superman on the cover ?

#36 Posted by Mucklefluga (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

This will probably be the first DC animated movie i will buy :D

#37 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard theories that they're gonna use this to reboot DCAU

#38 Posted by Birthright (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Will definitely watch. I hope they do Throne of Atlantis next.

#39 Edited by The Stegman (25455 posts) - - Show Bio

Christmas has come early

#40 Edited by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this. I really liked reading Flashpoint but some of it felt disjointed. I wouldn't mind seeing certain parts abridged for the sake of pacing. Like was it really necessary for Barry to shock himself twice? Think about it. DC animated features are known for high quality so I can't wait to see a DCAU take on this momentous event book. It's going to be years before I see the end of Stone Ocean in anime form but continuity resets are fascinating in every comic universe.

#41 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Susan Eisenberg will come back as Wonder Woman.

#42 Edited by Teerack (7357 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by noj (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@daniel_newton: Kevin Conroy isnt playing Thomas Wayne so I think his standard voice would be fine.

#44 Posted by Crucible248 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Susan Eisenberg will come back as Wonder Woman.

Yes!

#45 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

What a great voice cast! I can't wait!

#46 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Cyborg Go Cy!!!!!!!!!

#47 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7948 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good :)

#48 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! See, this is what Marvel Animation should be doing... Where's my House of M adaptation?! (or Avengers: Disassembled)

#49 Edited by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by ekrolo (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for the love of.... Really? Theyre using Kevin Conroy as Batman AGAIN?! He, Mark Hamill and Peter Cullen are probably the most over used voice actors of all time. It boggles my mind when I read so many comments that just ask for either Conroy and/or Hamill return to voice Batman and/or Joker. Isnt it time we let some new blood take over the characters and stop re-using the same voice actors constantly?

Sure if they came back once like every 10 years to voice their respective character it would be a big deal. But having them show up all the time just makes me feel like their exploiting the DCAU reputation just to get some more attention and sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.