Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

Can someone explain to me what is Flashpoint?

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justanormalguy

I'm really not understanding the purpose of it, how it happened, etc. Was it just to revamp the DCU? I'm not understanding.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

We really want explain it to you, but I didnt read the serious. All I know is flash drastically altered the timeline. I wasnt to reboot DCU

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Purpose? There is no purpose. They wanted to reboot DC and came up with some event to explain "how" it happened. It lacked the same impact and meaning that Crisis on Infinite Earths did.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

The Flashpoint timeline happened when Barry Allen went back in time to stop his mother from being killed...that resulted in a new timeline....so once he realized what happened he went back in time and stopped himself from stopping his mother's death....the timeline started to fix itself but from what I gathered the Cloaked Lady intervened and merged the DCU, Wildstorm, and Vertigo Universes together so that it stood a better chance at defeating an upcoming, unidentified threat...and as it turns out they were always meant to be one universe but something happened that caused them to splinter...the merged result is the New 52 or what most people call it the DCnU

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @danhimself

I thought Vertigo was always part of the DCU?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

@JediXMan said:

@danhimself: I thought Vertigo was always part of the DCU?

Some of it may have been but I'm pretty sure that a majority of it was it's own separate universe....like the John Constantine in Hellblazer is a different John Constantine than the one in Justice League Dark and the Search for Swamp Thing mini....you'd be better off asking about it...he's the local Vertigo expert

amazinglover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amazinglover

@JediXMan: It was a side universe with characters crossing over as needed as of DCnU it's part of DC proper. My understanding was that it was created to be a more adult orientated comics

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Project_Worm

I always thought Vertigo was like a line between Universes. Where characters that wouldn't exactly fit well wit normal DC characters stayed, they could jump into the DCU when they needed to but could also be completely self contained. But then again I'm just guessing...

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RedOwl_1

Flashpoint is like one of that stories that you change a little thing and all the world change, then he makes the things right again but this "lady" emerges and alter everything, not very explaining to the New 52, too many tie-ins to explain what happened in each little aspects although I liked the end, was a sweet thing.

Not necessary to read, the lady is the guilty of the reboot not the event itself, if you wanted to know why the reboot was made (in comic reasons) is this:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.