Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

At least 15 Flashpoint tie-in minis

PaulTMD452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PaulTMD452

Over at CBR, they reported on a couple things announced at The Source concerning Flashpoint. Chief among them being in addition to the main 5-part Flashpoint series(and presumably corresponding Flash issues, a la Blackest Night/Green Lantern), there will be at least 15 mini-series, under a number of different "Whatever Happened To" headings, and a number of one-shots.  They announced the titles of 14 of the 15 minis, which give a little more credence to some of the theories coming out of the teaser images.

Whatever Happened to Gotham City?

FLASHPOINT: BATMAN KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: DEADMAN AND THE FLYING GRAYSONS #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the World’s Greatest Super Villains?

FLASHPOINT: CITIZEN COLD #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: DEATHSTROKE & THE CURSE OF THE RAVAGER #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: THE OUTSIDER #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the Aliens?

FLASHPOINT: ABIN SUR THE GREEN LANTERN #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: PROJECT: SUPERMAN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Science & Magic?

FLASHPOINT: FRANKENSTEIN & THE CREATURES OF THE UNKNOWN #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: SECRET SEVEN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Europe?

FLASHPOINT: EMPEROR AQUAMAN #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: WONDER WOMAN AND THE FURIES #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: LOIS LANE AND THE RESISTANCE #1-#3

Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash

FLASHPOINT: KID FLASH LOST #1-#3
    FLASHPOINT: THE WORLD OF FLASHPOINT #1-#3 

The most obvious one to me is that "Abin Sur, The Green Lantern" tends to support the theory that "The spaceship never crashed" is in reference to his spaceship and not Superman's. "Project: Superman" can also easily refer to him being the subject of "They experimented on him in a lab for years".

No creators have been announced for any of these, but I'd be surprised if Johns, or at least one of his frequent collaborators like Tomasi, doesn't write the Green Lantern book.

I hadn't expected this event to get this big. As it is, between 14 confirmed series of three issues a piece, another that we know will be at least two issues, several one-shots, for which I'll assume there will at least be three, five issues of the Flashpoint series, and a safe assumption of at least 4 issues of The Flash mean at the very least we're going to have 56 books to get the whole story, and in all likelihood that's a very conservative estimate.

I would imagine that, given the altered reality of the story, that the chances of it crossing over into other ongoings is pretty low, at least.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yikes!
    PaulTMD452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PaulTMD452
    @danhimself: 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was referring to with my reference to theories.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iLLituracy

Seriously? Why do you need this many tie-ins?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.