Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

Another DC reboot ?!

Alfiebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Alfiebo

My friend has been trying to get me to start reading DC and I cannot find a starting point it's either Flashpoint this or Blackest Night that! And what the hell is up with all the 'ages'?!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
    @Alfiebo said:
    My friend has been trying to get me to start reading DC and I cannot find a starting point it's either Flashpoint this or Blackest Night that! And what the hell is up with all the 'ages'?!
    yeah, at the moment DC is a little crazy. Most of the serieses are at their final arcs and such with only three months to go till Flashpoint forces the renumbering and the canceling of some of them.

What sort of DC comic series were you guys thinking on getting? any spesific genre you guys like most? I'm sure some of the people on this site would be happy to help you on your comic journey to DC.

I'm assuming when you say "ages", you mean "golden age", "silver age" sort of thing, but would like clarification before I explain.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Adnan
    @Alfiebo: If by 'ages', you mean Golden Age, Silver Age, etc. it's not a term exclusive to DC, but Marvel as well. They're just names for different time periods. the 1930-50s are called the Golden Age, 1950-70s are called the Silver Age, and so on. 

If you want to start reading DC, you could just pickup Flashpoint #1 and #2, though it mightl be a little hard to understand. In Spetember, DC's having a reboot, so that'd be the best time to jump on. There are plenty of good Trade PaperBacks you could read though. What sorta thing are you looking for?
    Alfiebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Alfiebo

I think your right about the ages thing because for some reason Superman has a new origin every week.
     I've started reading a few Batman graphic novels and the Grant Morrison run which i've found rather entertaining, I tried Superman but why has nobody thought of a kryptonite gun or sword or even a bomb. I'm waiting on some green lanterns but really i'm a Marvel fan at heart.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adnan
    @Alfiebo: I'm a pretty big Grant Morrison fan too (it's confusing at times, occaisionally so purposely at the expense of the actual storytelling, but overall it's good stuff). If you want to read more Morrison, might I suggest his Animal Man book? (don't judge it by the name, it is really good) Also, what Supes stories you reading? He is vulnerable to magic as well as Kyrptonite by the way :]
    Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wattup

You know, I understand that DC is doing this because they want to attract new fans...but is it really THAT hard for a new fan to get caught up? I mean, with all the websites covering comics with their Wikipedia-like encyclopedias, back issue trades coming out every week and even recommendation lists like "Top Batman Graphic Novels" or "Essential Comic Stories" from entertainment media sources, I've been inundated with more comic info than ever in my life. 

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

ReVAMP.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.