inferiorego's Flashpoint: Secret Seven #1 - Part One: Hunter's Moone review

• inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Changing Man and the technocolor dreamcoat

Changing Man has been up to some craziness that he just can't remember, but is he part of the key to stopping Aquaman and Wonder Woman?

The Good

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, past this first issue. If Changing Man has to assemble a team to stop the Aquaman/Wonder Woman war, the book could get interesting. That seems like where this tie-in is leading to. Sadly, the promise that this book will lead somewhere is the only thing going for it.

The Bad

Enough with the Super 8 ads, DC. You're making me want to see the movie less and less. Yes, I will continue to say this until they are out of the books.

All right, down to the real problems with this book. It simply comes down to the fact that I'm not interested in the story. It was boring. I usually like Peter Milligan and George Perez separately, but this issue just doesn't work. I didn't care for the characters and the events of this issue were "blah" at best. I didn't like the art on the book. It was uninteresting and a bit bland. It's not worth $2.99, and not worth your time.

Today, I gave a Flashpoint tie-in a 5 out of 5, and in the same day, another tie-in gets 1.5 out of 5. Not all tie-ins are worth your money. The book is a dull read, and unless you care about the Changing Man, you're not going to care about this book. This book does have some promise, but frankly, it is not worth your time. The Batman and Abin Sur Flashpoint tie-ins are vastly superior Secret Seven. I say skip the issue and maybe come back for number two, depending on how that is. I have a feeling that it will pick up but remember, not all tie-ins are created equal.

Posted by JonesDeini

Awww this was the one and only tie in I was interested in :(

Posted by The Mighty Monarch
@JonesDeini said:
Awww this was the one and only tie in I was interested in :(  And what I do is just take those Super 8 adds. And screw those Lantern Banners!!!! I KNOW IT'S COMING OUT!!! I READ YOUR DAMNED COMICS!!!
I'm spreading the Super 8 tearing out craze.
Posted by JonesDeini
@The Mighty Monarch: Totally got your back man.
Posted by doordoor123

I didnt pick this up because I didnt think it was too important. But it looks like its more important than I thought.

Posted by Ironhawk22

I wasn't bored but I was confused.