amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge's Flashpoint: Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #1 - Separation Anxiety review

A Pirates Life For Me

As one of the segments for the summer's new hit comic book series, Flashpoint, I was shocked to see Deathstroke dressed as pirate. At first I thought it was impossible to pull off, but after reading the first issue I have to say it reads off as Pirates of the Caribbean mixed with Waterworld - an all excess pass for high sea adventures over the horizon. Apparently the story takes place before the events of Flashpoint #2, but I won't reveal much afterwords. You will see a different persona of Deathstroke that makes him a bit more dashing and a bit of a swashbuckler that fun to read.

Other reviews for Flashpoint: Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #1 - Separation Anxiety

They're pirates, but not 0

Deathstroke has set sail in the ravaged world of Flashpoint. After Aquaman has sunk half of Europe, he is looting the sunken cities with his crew of metahumans. However, he is following a very different agenda.  The Good: Pirates. I do love pirates. There's a very good reason I wear a Jolly Roger belt buckle to my semi-posh job. So yeah, I was all over this book. So yes, having pirates is a big plus. Deathstroke does not lose much of his regular badassery. Unlike many other pirate stories, we ac...