keith71_98's Flashpoint: Deadman and the Flying Graysons #1 - The Show Must Go On review

Strangely satisfying

Color me surprised. I really didn't know what to expect from this book but was drawn by it's unusual concept and very catchy cover. I'm happy to say this is a fun issue that not only is entertaining on it's own merit, but actually does add a little depth to the entire world of Flashpoint.

J.T. Krul writes this story of a traveling circus trapped in Europe and unable to get back to the United States due the war raging between the Amazons and the Atlanteans. Krul puts together some great character interaction between the Graysons, Deadman, and particularly Dr. Fate. I couldn't help but smile at nearly every panel he's in. The book left me anxious for the next issue,  especially since we know something bad is going to happen. How it's different in the world of Flashpoint? I can't wait to see.

Mikel Janin's art is a nice compliment to Krul's story. It's unique but does lean more towards the realistic look which I personally prefer. It's well laid out and the characters are well done. This is a good looking book.

Flashpoint is proving to have more good tie-in books than I ever expected. Granted, there are a few stinkers out there but this isn't one of them. This is a highly entertaining an satisfying issue and I'm onboard till the end