Will there ever be another Flash?

#1 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

There has been so many Flashes over the years, I was wondering if DC will ever create a new character to take up the mantle of The Flash, The Fastest Man Alive. I don't know if I would want another one because after all there have been so many over the years but I think it would certainly be interesting to see another one. Is it time for someone else to become Flash and for Wally to pass the torch?

#2 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, fans are getting kinda tired of new people becoming old heroes, there are already like 4 people out there that are the flash, any more and it would be ridiculous.

#3 Edited by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know- the franchise will probably be around for quite a long time, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that someone new would take it up, and it might be kind of interesting to see the next evolution of the Scarlet Speedster, like a Batman Beyond scenario. 

But, then again, we know that the Speed Force is like the fountain of youth, so why would any of them ever age to the point of passing the torch to someone younger?
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

They just brought back Barry so I don't think so.

#5 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

not for 5 or 6 years
#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible we'll get another Flash in the near future...

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said: @jayskee said:

It's possible we'll get another Flash in the near future...not for 5 or 6 years

I have fused your comments for the correct answer

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: LOL, awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.