Why hasn't he gotten his own animated movie yet?

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11612 posts) - - Show Bio

For someone as popular as The Flash to comic book readers, the question begs as to why Flash hasn't gotten his own animated movie yet. We've seen Batman and Superman animated movies left and right, GL has gotten two, Wonder Woman has even gotten her own movie. So why not Flash?

#2 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question, with no good answer.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is at the top of my most wanted list for animated movies followed by Nightwing and Teen Titans

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13155 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he does soon

#5 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here. Who do you think would be a good villain? Gorilla Grodd or just one of the Rogues (or all of the Rogues)?

#6 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Because WB has proven to me that it hates all DC characters that aren't Batman. 

Green Lantern and Jonah Hex were such wasted potential........ 

@Zeeguy91 said:

Same here. Who do you think would be a good villain? Gorilla Grodd or just one of the Rogues (or all of the Rogues)?

Personally, I'd like to see Mirror Master. They could also tie him to Reverse Flash/Zoom.
#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

QFT

Although I have heard some rumors about a Flashpoint animated movie being made...

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Gambit1024 said:

QFT

Although I have heard some rumors about a Flashpoint animated movie being made...

Sorry, but a Flash movie co-starring Cyborg and a killer Batman and a Flash movie starring just himself are two different things

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12774 posts) - - Show Bio

They had one planned, they were fearing poor sales so they restricted animated films to things only related to Batman and Superman....for now at least

#10 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7849 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

One reason why it's hard for me to like Batman. I do though, mainly thanks to his villains.

#11 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Sadly, it seems that DC are going with that first option in making a Flash-centric film... I'm guessing it's only b/c Batman's in it -_-

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Gambit1024 said:

One reason why it's hard for me to like Batman. I do though, mainly thanks to his villains.

The villains are pretty much the only thing that make the comics and animated series worth while. Still, it'd be nice to have an epic Batman story that didn't involve Joker. He's like... the Batman of Batman villains, lol.

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Same thing with me, I enjoy his rogues gallery although I don't necessarily care much for Batman himself.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Gambit1024: Sadly, it seems that DC are going with that first option in making a Flash-centric film... I'm guessing it's only b/c Batman's in it -_-

Oh, I know. And it's stupid, but hey, whatcha gonna do? The day they give characters like Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman a shot at a serious standalone movie that doesn't suck (animated or not), is the day that Sony gives Spider-Man to Disney... and that's never going to happen, lol.

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Exactly. That's why I prefer Flash and Aquaman over Batman... they're not as overrated, lol...

#16 Edited by FIash (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have a good Flash animated tv series I can watch each week over a movie.

#17 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

BATS and Supe's CASH COWS

thats why

GL and WW testing the waters

IMHO

(+)

#19 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: Flash has every right to be testing the waters along with GL and WW.

#20 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: True, I was just saying though.

(+)

#21 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: Alright, just letting you know...

#22 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully DC will start moving away from Batman and Superman...they've had their share of the limelight for some time already. I really want to see a DCOAF about Flash, Aquaman and others...

#23 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe because hes lame...ever thought of that?

#24 Posted by NewKid (360 posts) - - Show Bio

kevin conroy said in an interview that he's voicing batman in a movie of flashpoint, i think that's the closest we'll get to a flash movie, could be pretty sweet though :D

#25 Posted by Jodema (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Good acting is all any movie needs.

#26 Posted by giovannile07 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

Personally, I'd like to see Mirror Master. They could also tie him to Reverse Flash/Zoom.

I'd think Mirror Master would be a good villain to put in an animated movie with the Flash. Honestly, the Flash has a lot of fans I believe, so I don't know why they wouldn't make an animated movie for him.

#27 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

@iju said:

maybe because hes lame...ever thought of that?

But a fast running hedgehog isn't?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.