who is the best Flash?...

  • 74 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

jay, barry, wally or bart... who do you choose?...

#2 Posted by wallyallen (31 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as skill is concerned gotta vote wally, but i think that Bart had the most potential

#3 Posted by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also with Wally. 

Maybe because I grew up with him but.. *shrug*

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223729 posts) - - Show Bio
Wally World...
#5 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this has been done

#6 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

#7 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Wally West as a character the most, not to say he was the best but I loved his personality the most, of course I grew up as a kid with Wally, so that may be a part of it too

#8 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is the best.
I believe he was the fastest Flash ever?

#9 Posted by Fresh Prince (4976 posts) - - Show Bio
Wally West
#10 Posted by Qoheed (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally for sure, even though I have a soft spot for Jay.

#11 Edited by Ares105 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West, but my opinion may be biased because I grew up with him as the Flash. 

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw what Johns and Didio are trying to sell, Wally is the flash

#13 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West is the man. Just ask Linda. lol

#14 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

#15 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them all but Wally West is who I grew up with.

#16 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay Garrick.  The original.  The best.

#17 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

WALLY FREAKING WEST! 

#18 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

bart

#19 Posted by Meanstreak (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West

#20 Posted by Cancer the Conqueror (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say Wally. I personally think Bart should have stayed put as Impulse.

#21 Posted by Uchiha Hotaru (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Wally as Flash the best. ^^

Bart was more of a Kid Flash, I could never really get use to seeing him as Flash even when he was him xD

#22 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

wally of course the second greatest flash is kid flash who grows up to be the new flash

#23 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

#24 Posted by BurningDoom (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I grew up with Wally West, so my choice may be biased but....Wally West. He's just the coolest Flash, and between Mark Waid's run and Geoff John's run he had the best stories, IMO.

-Nate-

#25 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen or Wally West.

#26 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

which ever the fastest one ever is i like the one in rebirth coming out the best i think. i dont know which that is

#27 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
Cancer the Conqueror said:
"I'd have to say Wally. I personally think Bart should have stayed put as Impulse."

Check out Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #3

And for me I will say Wally is the best, but my favourite is Bart Allen. Photographic memory rules! He can go as fast as Wally as well. Proving in his own series that he can go past the speed of light.
#28 Posted by Icarusflies (12406 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

Moderator
#29 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Jay Garrick.  The original.  The best."

#30 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

wally he was the first sidekick to success fully don the costume of his mentor... and i also grew up with wally... and because he is the only flash with real humor.. hehehe...

#31 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay>Barry>Wally>Bart

I love GA Flash.
Barry is finally relevant again, since all those CSI shows own the airwaves and that is what Barry does for a living.
Wally is just awesome
Bart is hilarious

To me they all rule, but Jay is my guy.

Staff
#32 Posted by ENGLENTINE (449 posts) - - Show Bio

 I have been against the return of Barry Allen for a long time now. Wally West has been the Flash for as long as he did, and now he is what a generation of people think of. Barry Allen is a better character as a memory.

#33 Posted by comicfanforever (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen is my favorite, but I like Wally West too.

#34 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
ENGLENTINE said:
" I have been against the return of Barry Allen for a long time now. Wally West has been the Flash for as long as he did, and now he is what a generation of people think of. Barry Allen is a better character as a memory."

Truth.  Barry Dead > Barry Alive in the Silver/Bronze Age > Barry Now
#35 Posted by mister blisterfists (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally.

Bart had the potential to be the fastest yet, but Wally is the man.

nobody will ever fill his shoes, he surpassed even the great Barry Allen.

#36 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
mister blisterfists said:
"Wally.Bart had the potential to be the fastest yet, but Wally is the man.nobody will ever fill his shoes, he surpassed even the great Barry Allen."
No he didn't.
Staff
#37 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"mister blisterfists said:
"he surpassed even the great Barry Allen."
No he didn't."
Barry didn't even know he was tapping into the speed force.
Wally went faster than Barry ever did without dying.
#38 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"inferiorego said:
"mister blisterfists said:
"he surpassed even the great Barry Allen."
No he didn't."
Barry didn't even know he was tapping into the speed force.Wally went faster than Barry ever did without dying."
Speed Force didn't exist when that character was in existence, it's a newer concept.
Staff
#39 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West

#40 Posted by mister blisterfists (3 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"mister blisterfists said:
"Wally.Bart had the potential to be the fastest yet, but Wally is the man.nobody will ever fill his shoes, he surpassed even the great Barry Allen."
No he didn't."
Yes he did. Wally's done more, and been Flash Longer.
#41 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio


#42 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Speed Force didn't exist when that character was in existence, it's a newer concept. "
The speed force always existed.  Max Mercury was almost drawn into it before Barry Allen even became the Flash.

Barry just didn't know how to really tap into it and wasn't aware of its existance.  Wally does and is, which allows him to go faster.
#43 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm old school so it's Barry for me. I grew up with him like most these Wally fans did with him. Even though he's "death" was done well way back in Crisis I'm glad he's back. I think the only reason Bart was Flash for a short time is because the creators so him on Smallville and thought it was a good idea at the time. I know Wally fans are mad because Barry is taking the Flash mantle back but try to bare with it. Wally with a new name might not be too terrible an idea, Dick Grayson goes by Nightwing, Garth: Tempest, Donna: Troia Etc. A lot of ex sidekicks go by new identities for a time.

#44 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"
"
At first I was like "way to be a jerk, Bart."

Then i realized Bart was being all the Wally fans and I like the scene a lot more.

"Wally West is the Flash."  "I barely know Barry Allen."  "He's back.  So what did he sacrifice exactly?"
#45 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"inferiorego said:
"Speed Force didn't exist when that character was in existence, it's a newer concept. "
The speed force always existed.  Max Mercury was almost drawn into it before Barry Allen even became the Flash.Barry just didn't know how to really tap into it and wasn't aware of its existance.  Wally does and is, which allows him to go faster."
What i'm saying is that the actual concept of the speed force was something introduced later. Yes, in continuity, the speed force always existed. But when Barry was Flash, DC never announced any "speed force". Everyone is discounting Barry without seeing how the character reacts with things that have been added or changed in the DCU since his departure 25 years ago.
Staff
#46 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah.  You meant as a character, not in terms of normal speed.

The original statement "He surpassed the great Barry Allen" seemed to be talking about speed to me.

#47 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"

Ah.  You meant as a character, not in terms of normal speed.

The original statement "He surpassed the great Barry Allen" seemed to be talking about speed to me.

"
Oh, I thought we're talking about character.

We just had a battle of misunderstanding!
Staff
#48 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
"
At first I was like "way to be a jerk, Bart."Then i realized Bart was being all the Wally fans and I like the scene a lot more."Wally West is the Flash."  "I barely know Barry Allen."  "He's back.  So what did he sacrifice exactly?""
don't forget:

"So Barry's back, what's the big deal?"

(Talking about "Flash: The fastest man alive") "It wasn't fun at all

"Wally earned being the flash"

it's in just one page that Johns sums up quite well the feelings of the Wally west fans
#49 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#50 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"ENGLENTINE said:
" I have been against the return of Barry Allen for a long time now. Wally West has been the Flash for as long as he did, and now he is what a generation of people think of. Barry Allen is a better character as a memory."
Truth.  Barry Dead > Barry Alive in the Silver/Bronze Age > Barry Now"

ENGLENTINE said:
" I have been against the return of Barry Allen for a long time now. Wally West has been the Flash for as long as he did, and now he is what a generation of people think of. Barry Allen is a better character as a memory."


agreed for both

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.