What's The Difference?

#1 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the difference between Barry Allen and Wally West's costumes?

#2 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the new 52 

Wally West= Belt thingy is in V shape, sort of looks like TWO bolt of lightning coming from the hips forming a V shape
Barry Allen= belt thingy that is  not in a V shape , sort of looks like ONE bolt of lightning going around his waist  

After the new 52 

Wally West=  Mask covers his eyes, you can't see his eyes, it's all white 
Barry Allen= Mask doesn't cover his eyes, you can see his eyes.  

#3 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: Thanks. This helped a lot. It was always so confusing for me lol.

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

Before the new 52 Wally West= Belt thingy is in V shape, sort of looks like TWO bolt of lightning coming from the hips forming a V shapeBarry Allen= belt thingy that is not in a V shape , sort of looks like ONE bolt of lightning going around his waist After the new 52 Wally West= Mask covers his eyes, you can't see his eyes, it's all white Barry Allen= Mask doesn't cover his eyes, you can see his eyes.

Barry also has the V-lightning now.

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

Before the new 52 Wally West= Belt thingy is in V shape, sort of looks like TWO bolt of lightning coming from the hips forming a V shapeBarry Allen= belt thingy that is not in a V shape , sort of looks like ONE bolt of lightning going around his waist After the new 52 Wally West= Mask covers his eyes, you can't see his eyes, it's all white Barry Allen= Mask doesn't cover his eyes, you can see his eyes.

Barry's costume is basically Wally's now because they got rid of Wally in the reboot.  

(Punches Geoff Johns in the face)
#6 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

I'm pretty sure I said you can see his eyes now
#7 Posted by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

How does the V-lightning belt have anything to do with his eyes?

#8 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

*sigh*  
I'll simplify it even MORE, as you can see in my post... 

" After the new 52 

Barry Allen= Mask doesn't cover his eyes, you can see his eyes.

There is a reason why I didn't mention the belt mmmmkay?
#9 Posted by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

*sigh*

" After the new 52

Barry Allen= Mask doesn't cover his eyes, you can see his eyes." There is a reason why I didn't mention the belt mmmmkay?

*sigh*

Oh man, somebody's feeling smart. What is your reason for not mentioning the belt?

I was stating in my first post that they also gave Barry the V-belt. I didn't say anything about his eyes, and I don't see why you're making such a big deal about them.

#10 Edited by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

*sigh*

" After the new 52

Barry Allen= Mask doesn't cover his eyes, you can see his eyes." There is a reason why I didn't mention the belt mmmmkay?

*sigh*

Oh man, somebody's feeling smart. What is your reason for not mentioning the belt?

I was stating in my first post that they also gave Barry the V-belt. I didn't say anything about his eyes, and I don't see why you're making such a big deal about them.

You know when you said "Barry also has the V-lighting now." I should just have said "I know" so my bad..........sooooo......are we good?
#11 Posted by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

*sigh*

" After the new 52

*sigh*

You know when you said "Barry also has the V-lighting now." I should just have said "I know" so my bad..........sooooo......are we good?

Haha, it's fine, I just wanted to know why you were so focused on his eyes! :P

But it's all good, there's no place for spite on a comic book forum. Nice BB avatar BTW.

#12 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

@The_Tree said:

@cyberninja said:

*sigh*

" After the new 52

*sigh*

Haha, it's fine, I just wanted to know why you were so focused on his eyes! :P

But it's all good, there's no place for spite on a comic book forum. Nice BB avatar BTW.

Thank you my good sir, I like your avatar too. 
#13 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry's the one in the lead, next to Bart, Wally's the one behind him with the darker red
#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally's suit was also darker and had black detail to the symbol on his chest to make it look recessed.

#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Barry's the one in the lead, next to Bart, Wally's the one behind him with the darker red
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

And Wally's mask covers his nose for some reason.

#17 Posted by sgcomicguy (89 posts) - - Show Bio

"After New 52"

Can someone tell me where they have seen Wally West in the New52??!?!

The Flash in 'The Flash' series and from 'Justice League' and '' is Barry Allen, and the Kid Flash from 'Teen Titans' and 'DC Universe Presents #12' is Bart Allen. I have no idea where you guys are getting your post-Flashpoint information from, but as far as i know he has yet to make an appearance in main continuity since September of 2011. I don't see how you people can possibly compare Barry and Wally's New52 costume when Wally doesn't even exist yet in the New52!

As for pre-Flashpoint, you all seemed to be spot on. Their main difference is their belts- with Wally's forming a 'V' shape with two lightning bolts, and Barry's forming a single line (unbroken) running across his waist. When standing side-by-side Wally does appear to be darker as well, as seen in the photo above from The Flash: Rebirth #5. Aside from that Wally's eyes are covered, whereas Barry's are exposed. These parts of Barry's costume have carried over into the New52.

Also, in the Young Justice series (both the TV series and the resulting comic book) this is reverse- Wally has exposed eyes and Barry has them covered (but that is not main continuity, or part of the New52).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.