What do you think about the new Flash series?

Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you like the new Flash series?

#1 Edited by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

Though it would have been better if it had been about Wally.
#2 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I am currently loving the book, never knew Johns could right lighthearted.
#3 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

very intriguing
#4 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty decent so far, but I don't find the current arc with the Renegades to be very intriguing.

#5 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
" It's pretty decent so far, but I don't find the current arc with the Renegades to be very intriguing. "
yea, the renegades are pretty cool especially comander cold and the trickster
#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, and I didn't even remotely like the Flash before.

#7 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pretty good.  I'm loving the art.  Barry is a likeable protagonist with dozens of great villains and the changes that have been made to his character and the way Central City runs seem to be for the better if you can ignore the whole "MY MOTHER IS DEEEEEEEEAD!" angle. 

Really, the only things that are bothersome are the retconned history of Dr. Alchemy (who already has a pretty awesome origin, especially by Silver Age standards) and the fact that Barry and Iris look about 23 when they should be closer to 40.  That's something that bugs me about most DC comics but its a lot worse when Barry's standing next to his nephew who looks older than him.
#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

loving the new series. it's my current favorite ongoing comic out right now.

#9 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

This book is, in my opinion, the best Flash book in years, and it's only 3 issues in!
#10 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally's Flash had some real high points but I've always been a Barry fan. I blame the TV series.
Likin' this one. The slow pace suits me.

#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the best Flash book of the decade! LOL!
#12 Posted by crazyizzy (7 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is really good. I really like Wally as the flash in the previous Flash series, and never really knew much about Barry but he is starting to grow on me. I will definitely keep buying this book.

#13 Edited by Aquamariner (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving every minute of it. This title is what all comics should be: a perfect balance between story and action. It's got it all, drama, suspense,action and comedy.   

The only thing that kinda bothers me is the art. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Manapul's work, he puts a lot of detail into every panel and that's a big thing for me (I hate when artists are lazy and just throw a white square behind a panel with no actual background), BUT It kinda feels a tad too "Animated Series" for me. I would much rather have Manapul on the new Superboy series and Ivan Reis or Diogenes Neves on The flash.  

Other than that it's freaking perfect! And I say this as a Wally West fan.

#14 Posted by Lombaszko (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I started getting into comics recently because I heard of this new Flash series and thought it would be a good place to jump in.  I'm loving every issue so far and Francis Manapul's artwork is amazing.  I hope the series continues with Barry, I liked the Rebirth books but this new run is much better.  I just wish there were more of the Rogues because I think they are some of the best villains.  I like that they have morals and are upset at Captain Boomerang for all he did before he died.  Hopefully as the series continues they will be the ones facing off against the Flash.

#15 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

it is ok i guess

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.