Upcoming Flash: Speed Force title

#1 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorta old news but there is no discussions on it currently Geoff John's said in 2011 he will be releasing a second Flash title titled Flash: Speed Force focused on Wally, Bart, Jessy Quick, and Max Mercury. While Barry retains The Flash title sorta like a Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps scenario. Here is a source 

So how does everyone feel about this and discuss other rumors and news.

Personally as happy as I am that Wally and Bart are getting back into Flash titles I wish Wally kept The Flash book with Bart as his Kid Flash. Sharing the title with these other characters is iffy with me as well but oh well.
#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know this. Good to know, looking forward to it. Of course if this turns out to have the same quality of GLC, well, that's gonna be a disappointment.

#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" I didn't know this. Good to know, looking forward to it. Of course if this turns out to have the same quality of GLC, well, that's gonna be a disappointment. "
You don't like GLC? I think it is pretty good it started out strong now it is still ok it has somethings that need to be looked over granted but I enjoy it. But with a cast like Speed Force has I see a win win situation. Than again you could say the same about GLC and I know people besides you who hate that book.
#4 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the plot?

#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" What is the plot? "
Not much I can figure out as of yet supposed to be an on going so I am assuming the jolly adventures of the speedsters
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" I didn't know this. Good to know, looking forward to it. Of course if this turns out to have the same quality of GLC, well, that's gonna be a disappointment. "
You don't like GLC? I think it is pretty good it started out strong now it is still ok it has somethings that need to be looked over granted but I enjoy it. But with a cast like Speed Force has I see a win win situation. Than again you could say the same about GLC and I know people besides you who hate that book. "
GLC while Dave Gibbons was writing it was awesome. GLC now when Bedard is writing it is awesome. GLC while Tomasi was writing it was a complete waste of time and money.
#7 Posted by iloverobots (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
I really enjoy GLC right now. Not sure if it's just me but I find it to be one of the books I'm always waiting forward to every week. 

As far as this new flash title is concerned: bring it on. The more flash, the better.
#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

XS will also be appearing in this book 

#9 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" XS will also be appearing in this book  "
awesome, hope her and Bart get to hangout and play some guitar
#10 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is that I'm not enjoying that art.

#11 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"   All I know is that I'm not enjoying that art. "
That is not from the series that is just the most complete picture of the Speedster family I could find 
#12 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
JESSE QUICK <3 
I WILL BUY THIS FOR SURE!
#13 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are good news.

#15 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

WALLY!!!

I can't wait for this.

The Fastest Man Alive back. He's going to outsell Barry like Kyle did Hal.

#16 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@iloverobots said:
""I really enjoy GLC right now. Not sure if it's just me but I find it to be one of the books I'm always waiting forward to every week.  "
As do I. Look at my post above yours. :P
#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like how they're repeating the concept that worked for Green Lantern for the Flash books. Reviving the Silver Age guy in a mini-series, bringing them to the forefront in the core title and then making everyone else squat in the secondary title, but at least there's a place to read some more Wally stories...he's basically been MIA since Barry's return. 

#18 Edited by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope with Emerald Warriors, Guy fights Hal somewhere in it. Since it's Tomasi and not Johns, at least Guy has a shot of winning.

#19 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" I don't like how they're repeating the concept that worked for Green Lantern for the Flash books. Reviving the Silver Age guy in a mini-series, bringing them to the forefront in the core title and then making everyone else squat in the secondary title, but at least there's a place to read some more Wally stories...he's basically been MIA since Barry's return.  "
He's been pushed down to a secondary character in the Arsenal books 
#20 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Edamame said:
" What is the plot? "
Not much I can figure out as of yet supposed to be an on going so I am assuming the jolly adventures of the speedsters "
I see.

@Sexy Merc said:

"
LOL
#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ everybody liking Wally better. 

Unless the writer for this series is just terrible, you know I'll buy it.
#22 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

at least i know where to find Wally from now on  (you see what i did their?)

#23 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

"Flash: Speed Force"? HELL YES!!!!!!!! =)

#24 Posted by Skittering-Roach (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god. I've been waiting to see more of Max. I can't wait to see Bart, Max and Jenni interacting again. I wonder if Bart will have Dox back, and if we'll be seeing Helen again. That would be nifty. ^ ^

#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

WALLY IS BACK! YES!!!!

#26 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Lol @ everybody liking Wally better.  Unless the writer for this series is just terrible, you know I'll buy it. "
Hey man it's to each his own you know =]

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.