The Speed of thought, who got the closest?

#1 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to take a moment to discuss in your opinion who got closest to the speed of thought, and why you think so.....

#2 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realise that the speed of thought is subjective depending upon you speak about.

A normal human thinks at one speed while the Flash thinks a lot faster. Both think at the speed of thought - but 1 is quicker than the other.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"You do realise that the speed of thought is subjective depending upon you speak about. A normal human thinks at one speed while the Flash thinks a lot faster. Both think at the speed of thought - but 1 is quicker than the other."
Exactly, I remember on the JLU cartoon Flash faught Sinestro. Sinestro said his attacks could move just as fast as Flash can, but Flash told him but he thinks to slow to preform them.
#4 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm talking about moving so fast as to all most teleport to a place by thinking about it. Wally could move in the speed force and travel through time without the need of a cosmic treadmill why was he in fact faster than barry?

#5 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Mega Man says:

"I'm talking about moving so fast as to all most teleport to a place by thinking about it. Wally could move in the speed force and travel through time without the need of a cosmic treadmill why was he in fact faster than barry?"

In many Flash comics Wally and Jay comment that Barry was the best Flash - but their meaning I think is that Barry understood his power and it's applications the most (so he could do more tricks).

Wally appears to be the most powerful, however trying to seperate Barry and Wally thinking speed is difficult as both have the capacity to think at literally the speed of light.

#6 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be just about 0, for a thought starts in your head and stays in your head. You would need telepathy to measure that.

I've always wondered if the Flash would outrun his thoughts, especially as he approaches light speed.

#7 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"It would be just about 0, for a thought starts in your head and stays in your head. You would need telepathy to measure that. I've always wondered if the Flash would outrun his thoughts, especially as he approaches light speed. "
ok see thats what i meant i worded it horribly. which flash came closest to out running his thoughts?
Post Edited:2008-02-04 13:56:11
#8 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Mega Man says:

"Superkitty says:
"It would be just about 0, for a thought starts in your head and stays in your head. You would need telepathy to measure that. I've always wondered if the Flash would outrun his thoughts, especially as he approaches light speed. "
ok see thats what i meant i worded it horribly. which flash came closest to out running his thoughts?
Post Edited:2008-02-04 13:56:11"
I don't think Flash would. I think the Speed Force would enhance his thoughts along with his speed. So as long as his speed keeps increasing so would his thought speed.
#9 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

do think he would become omniscent at this point moving so fast he is everywhere and no where all at the same time? think makes no sense i'm just spit balling here for the sake of typing .

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he can't be everywhere at once. He isn't fast enough to be, but he wouldn't get smarter unless he used this speed to study.

#11 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

ok well what about in kingdom come wally surpassed the speed force and existed everywhere even in other dimensions

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Mega Man says:

"ok well what about in kingdom come wally surpassed the speed force and existed everywhere even in other dimensions"
I haven't read it, but Kingdom Come was an alternate universe and doesn't effect the main stream Wally.
#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

If I recall right he wasn't everywhere at once, it just seemed like it because he moved fast, and that was only in his city, not worldwide or anything. And the dimension thing wasn't total either. He could see and touch things in other dimensions (which is how he grabbed the old guy) but he wasn't doing that 24/7.

#14 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

To become omniscent I believe you are everywhere. Not just on earth.

#15 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

well, kingdom come wally was everywhere even in other dimensions, and even touching mean physically being there. Am i wrong? just curious sounds kind of omniscent, if not Bart got pretty close.
Post Edited:2008-02-04 15:54:54

#16 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

1 not wally. It was Jay garrick.

2 I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question.

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry, i'm confused here...

most Flash's easily outpace the 'speed of thought'... hell, even Superman moves a lot quicker than the 'Speed of Thought'...

who's idea was it that the speed of thought is the 'fastest thing around'? it's not, thought is actually pretty slow compared to stuff like the speed of light...

the total 'speed of thought' is between 550 and 750 milliseconds for a normal human... thats the time it takes the electrical impulse to travel from the optic cells up the neurons to your brain and for the thought to be recognized.

so what's that... S=D/T standard equation... around 200, maybe 220 miles per second?

wow... that's pretty frickin' slow compared to the standard speed of light, which both Superman and Flash have beaten in recent issues...

lets put them together...

Speed of sound at sea level = 0.211446403 miles per second

Speed of Thought = 220 miles per second

Speed of Light = 186,282.397 miles per second

wow... speed of thought sucks lol

M

#18 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

i was thinking on a more omniscent level as in being so fast your everywhere, like wally in kingdom come.

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so you want to know who's the fastest of the fast in every universe right...

in DC it's Wally West

in TopCow it's Velocity

not sure about Marvel though

M

#20 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

well really i want to know how fast is omnience! or is it even plausible.

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

how fast is omniscience?

stupidly fast lol

omniscience is literally every place at once...

M

#22 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

see thats what i meant and in the since i'm figuring barry since he ran so fast he became the lightning bolt that made him what he was. I wanna be barry.....

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry was fast, but Wally has surpassed him...

this was specifically stated in the Flash series Terminal Velocity

M

#24 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

so then wally has the potential to be omniscent? but i thought batman stated bart was the fastest? he named him impulse because he speed was a danger, i thought.

#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like "Speed of Thought" idea. Cause I was just reading the last Flash issue with Gorrilla Grodd and Flash was stating how he is faster than light, but not the speed of thought. This doesn't makes sense.

#26 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"

how fast is omniscience?

stupidly fast lol

omniscience is literally every place at once...

M

"
I think you're thinking omnipresent....
#27 Posted by RageOfTheGods (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is easily faster than thought......

#28 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Copy said:
"

To become omniscent I believe you are everywhere. Not just on earth.

"
o_O

that's omnipresent

omniscient is being all-knowing
#29 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.