The Flashs' Max Speeds

#1 Edited by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the fastest speed Jay, Barry, Wally and Bart have gone on their own (not Wally stealing Jay and Bart's speeds etc.) and how many times FTL were the going? If this has been done, please direct me to the thread.
#2 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Wally has moved several thousand times faster than light speed. 

#3 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright thanks, that's what I was looking for.
#4 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

and Jay probably goes under Mach 2 he's probably the slowest.
The modern flashes all have gone FTL and beyond

#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@123422 said:
" and Jay probably goes under Mach 2 he's probably the slowest. The modern flashes all have gone FTL and beyond "
WHAT?
#6 Posted by JediXMan (31222 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Jay is comparatively slower. I don't believe he can break light speed (since he was unable to keep up with Wally and Bart to drag Prime into the Speed Force, which I think you have to break light speed to do). 

Technically, does Wally and Barry even have a limit?

#7 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Well, Jay is comparatively slower. I don't believe he can break light speed (since he was unable to keep up with Wally and Bart to drag Prime into the Speed Force, which I think you have to break light speed to do).   Technically, does Wally and Barry even have a limit? "
Jay did reach near-lightspeed but by really straining his body, and considering his age, that might have some consequences  
In Crisis On Infinite Earths, Barry ran so fast he ran into the Speed Force, if i remember from Flash Rebirth #1, so he says
#8 Posted by JediXMan (31222 posts) - - Show Bio
@123422 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Well, Jay is comparatively slower. I don't believe he can break light speed (since he was unable to keep up with Wally and Bart to drag Prime into the Speed Force, which I think you have to break light speed to do).   Technically, does Wally and Barry even have a limit? "
Jay did reach near-lightspeed but by really straining his body, and considering his age, that might have some consequences   In Crisis On Infinite Earths, Barry ran so fast he ran into the Speed Force, if i remember from Flash Rebirth #1, so he says "
Barry did that in Flash Rebirth. Wally and Bart I believe did too.
#9 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
"Technically, does Wally and Barry even have a limit? "
Barry has mentioned that Wally is able to go alot faster then him.
#10 Posted by SilverMan91 (431 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
"I believe Wally has moved several thousand times faster than light speed.  "

evidence please with scans or somthing else, because we've all seen people claim feats on the vine that are nowhere near true....and this dosent soud like he can does this without speedsteal.
#11 Posted by Captain Solaris (125 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a litle bit optimistic to say he's ran several thousands of times faster than light speed. But I don't have any scans to prove me otherwise.

In reality nothing can exceed the speed of light. However the Speed Force isn't governed by the General Theory of Relativity. That's why Speedsters are capable of running faster then the speed of light. 

In the scan below, Flash runs faster than the speed of light to escape a Black Hole ...one of their main properties is to trap light and in theory not even light is capable of escaping a Black Hole... but, by doing so he is drawn into the Speed Force. 

#12 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay used to move several times lightspeed.  This was retconned away and he is currently a hair slower than Superman.  

Barry has gone several thousand times lightspeed.  This was also retconned away and he should be around Wally in terms of speed, maybe a little slower.

Wally has moved fast enough that he was able to stop time but he had to steal speed from other near lightspeeders to do it.  Naturally, Wally is a hair faster than Superman.   

Bart...well it was in Fastest Man Alive which was terrible and I couldn't be bothered to finish collecting the series but he was way faster then than he is now.
#13 Edited by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:

" Jay used to move several times lightspeed.  This was retconned away and he is currently a hair slower than Superman.   Barry has gone several thousand times lightspeed.  This was also retconned away and he should be around Wally in terms of speed, maybe a little slower. Wally has moved fast enough that he was able to stop time but he had to steal speed from other near lightspeeders to do it.  Naturally, Wally is a hair faster than Superman.   Bart...well it was in Fastest Man Alive which was terrible and I couldn't be bothered to finish collecting the series but he was way faster then than he is now. "

Wally is a hair  faster than superman? If barry has gone thousands of time FTL and wally is faster than barry...what am i missing?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.