The Flash: What would you recommend?

#1 Posted by Moony93 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so basically I like The Flash as a character, specifically Barry Allen.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some good graphic novels with him in them? 
I've read JLA:Year One and really enjoyed it so the graphic novels don't have to be solely about The Flash.

Sorry to be so picky but would be very grateful of any suggestions.

Also if there are any other DC Characters that you can recommend I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

The current Flash series is just for you. The first trade just came out for like $20 on amazon

#4 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Moony93 (36 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:  Any chance of a link? I live in England but can see if I can get a copy sent overseas? Thanks.
#6 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebirth then the new series with Barry Allen in it. Also there's the next major DC event called Flashpoint which has Barry Allen as the main attraction. It should in theory do to Barry Allen what Blackest Night did to Hal Jordan

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by caesarsghost (546 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by fps_dean (260 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Sgtcrispy (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Waid's run of the Flash is pretty good, but It's Wally instead of Barry.

People with suggest Rebirth, but if you're new to the character don't read it. There will be a lot of things someone new to Flash won't understand at all.
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, first thing you'll want to do is go out and buy Flash: Rebirth. Then, light that on fire and throw it away.
Now, go back into your comic shop, slap yourself in the face for liking Barry more than Wally, and pick up Mark Waid's Wally run.

All done :D

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" OK, first thing you'll want to do is go out and buy Flash: Rebirth. Then, light that on fire and throw it away. Now, go back into your comic shop, slap yourself in the face for liking Barry more than Wally, and pick up Mark Waid's Wally run. All done :D "
lol
#14 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Emergency Stop, Wonderland, The whole Zoom story arcs, Secret of Barry Allen, The Morrison JLA run, and basically anything by Mark Waid

#15 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

anything by johns in flash v2

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58345 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry? Pfffft.
BB

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15089 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the current run of Francis Manapul and Brian Buccelato.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.