The Flash: Rebirth (Official Thread)

• 83 results
#51 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"This is because Hal is a jackass.

nah, he just has to support his boyfriend :p
#52 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

You just know theres a fanfic about that out there somewhere.

#53 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"Magicalmoment said:
"damn.....this is sad,i don't even know where i can buy this comic in my country and whether there even is selling this comic"
which country is that?"
singapore
#54 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Kayui (2 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:

Oh gosh.  Now I have to reread Mercury Rising."
It wasn't during Mercury Rising.  It all happened during issue #89.  If you want to know about where the pod came from read #88.

#56 Posted by DEGRAAF (7812 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Superman vs Flash in the race of all races between the two iconic super heroes

my question is doesnt everone already know who is faster? I know it always varies but i thought it was basically known flash is faster than superman on foot. I a huge superman fan but i have come to accept this knowledge. Black flash is said to be able to run at least four times the speed of light and barry out ran him plus if it was as simple as just running him down than the story would be anti-climatic. Its been said that superman can fly faster than the speed of light but i believe since the recon in '86 they slowed him down. I would love to see supes move that fast but i think he is gonna get smoked.

either way       I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT GO DOWN.     GO SUPERMAN!!!
#57 Posted by Nightwolf3 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

i really enjoyed rebirth 1 thought it was cool, im deff picking up the rest of it

#58 Posted by DEGRAAF (7812 posts) - - Show Bio

so when does he get his new costume and what is it supposed to look like?

think it is going to be the black flash?

#59 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

OK Just read it and ......................eh. It was ok. Wasn't anything close to watch I expected.....to much dialog to say nothing.
3 out of 5

#60 Posted by wallyallen (31 posts) - - Show Bio

about the "RETCON!!" it could be that the parents that grow old and outlive barry are adoptive parents because his mom died and dad was in jail?  makes sense. i think its a little silly to freak out right after the first issue

#61 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG! #1 was a bit iffy for me, but this issue... wow. Geoff Johns IS GOD.

#62 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Geoff-con! Barry's dad died in jail now!? What the deuce!

Overlooking that, I liked it, but kinda saw that twist coming...

#63 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Also not really a fan of Iris and Jai being drawn to look like they're five years old... They're 8-10 (Sort of...)

#64 Posted by Midnight Cowl (31 posts) - - Show Bio

So ummm is Barry becoming the Blash Flash o.O

#65 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnight Cowl said:
"So ummm is Barry becoming the Blash Flash o.O"

Too bad it won't last.
#66 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't see that coming!

#67 Edited by Midnight Cowl (31 posts) - - Show Bio
Nibiru said:
"Midnight Cowl said:
Too bad it won't last. "
Yep saw it coming but why will it not last? I think it should...
#68 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnight Cowl said:
"Nibiru said:
"Midnight Cowl said:
Too bad it won't last. "
Yep saw it coming but why will it not last? I think it should..."

Look at Flash: Rebirth #3's cover.
#69 Posted by Will44 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is I find Barry really boring, and I can see why he was offered up in the first place.

He doesn't actually hit his enemies.  He still wears a bow tie and it's a clip on!  He's late for everything.  it's all cliche and it's all pretty bad.  It's going to get old for me fast.

#70 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
Nibiru said:
"Midnight Cowl said:
"Nibiru said:
"Midnight Cowl said:
Too bad it won't last. "
Yep saw it coming but why will it not last? I think it should..."
Look at Flash: Rebirth #3's cover."
Covers mean nothing. I can't even count the number of times a cover's shown one thing, only to not have it happen at all in the book.
#71 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

Wheres the review???

#72 Posted by SUNMAN (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

Holly?!?!?!?! I did not see this ending coming to Flash Rebirth. I take back everything I said about this series. The ending was epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#73 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

But it isnt over yet.....

#74 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Much as I dislike the idea of WARNING SPOILERS!

The black flash going into the speed force and killing speedsters that are already inside of it, that last page made me oh so happy.

I also liked Barry absolutely smoking Superman.  I mean, I knew it would happen but it was still fun. :-)

#75 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that Barry's back.

#76 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry's mother being killed as a child has been explained. 

Oh time travel.  You're such a great plot device for getting rid of annoying plotholes.
#77 Posted by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was a horrible idea to bring him back.  We already have enough flashes and him coming back is not going to do anything for the mythology like hal jordan did.  Now were going to have to wait months for all the characters to get over the fact that he is back so we can move on with the story.

#78 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly did bringing back Hal Jordan do for the mythology? 

All it did was replace interesting characters with an uninteresting one (though it gave GL a much better writer in the process), retcon Parallax into being much less cool that he was before and turn the Spectre into a character from Gotham Central who 90% of comic readers had never heard of.
#79 Edited by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:

" What exactly did bringing back Hal Jordan do for the mythology?  All it did was replace interesting characters with an uninteresting one (though it gave GL a much better writer in the process), retcon Parallax into being much less cool that he was before and turn the Spectre into a character from Gotham Central who 90% of comic readers had never heard of. "

I like kyle rayner a lot more than hal but the sinestro corps war, the other corps and blackest night wouldn't have worked at all without hal because of his history.  Wally has more enemies than barry ever did.
#80 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

Just an FYI. 

DC is reprinting this entire series issue by issue for a $1 apiece! The first issue reprint is on sale TODAY.  

#81 Posted by BAZINGA56 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i must say that i am going to start reading rebirth asap.

#82 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished reading rebirth and absolutely loved it. Made me an instant Flash fan, now I can't get enough
#83 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Flash: Rebirth and Barry get some hate but I don't care, this incredible miniseries was underrated and it was what led me to becoming a huge Flash fan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.