The Flash?

#1 Posted by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

How come when he hits characters (Who are invulnerable or very tough) Why doesn't it break every bone in his arm?Speed and super reaction time are his only powers right?
#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

yea but its could be considered a matter of physics. Back in high school when i used to play football, my coach always said doesnt matter how big they are, if you hit them harder then they hit you they will be the ones to fall and it will hurt them more. Its a matter of momentum
#3 Posted by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

ok i guess so he's hitting them so fast they are taking the whole blunt of the impact.
#4 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Flash kinda becomes pure energy when he is running very fast

#5 Posted by kimmycat (237 posts) - - Show Bio

He's protected by the Speed Force. And if he got hurt anyway he has accelerated healing.

#6 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the speed force

#7 Posted by BulletproofKen (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus it would just be horrific if he were to shatter all his bones during some epic fight scene.... 

#8 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: So true
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderguylll:
another example would be a piece of straw in a tornado being shot thru a metal barn
#10 Edited by ghostfly70 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

If we begin going down these kinds of logic paths the entire superhero genre would be in trouble, lol. Explaining how flash doesnt injure himself opens up the question of how ANYONE...especially his rogues gallery...survives the slightest punch at hyper speeds. "How come the Flash didnt rip that little girls arm right off in Flash #2 She a mutant or something?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.