The best Flash

#1 Edited by TheLastSonOfKrypton (139 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new with Flash and I can't decide who read. Barry Allen or Wally West, I know the people love Wally...but...who is really the best Flash of two?

I would like to had in mind 5 factors:

Best Story

Best Personality

Best Hero

Best Villains

Best Comics

And who is the best for you, and why if is possible, thank you and sorry for my english...I know it isn't the best of the world.

#3 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic gets raised a lot on these forums. And good. Because there should be noise on this issue: the tragic lack of Wally West in DC's products.

Without even listing his merits, Wally West is the best Flash because Barry Allen is about as exciting as stale toast. Shortpacked! said it best:

DC: The New Frontier is the only story I've ever felt invested in Barry to any discernible degree other than as "the guy from Wally West's origin story". And I would argue that's because he was written as more rebellious and cocky (i.e., more like Wally).

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18930 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Barry. He's real down to earth.

And I love how his New 52 series is being written with him narrating a lot of the story / you being able to read his thoughts.

But Wally is good too. You can't go wrong either way.

#5 Posted by TheLastSonOfKrypton (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...I've been searching more from the two Flash and...Barry is great, really he likes me, but...I sure that Wally is amazing, so...What has Barry who does not have Wally?Or what has Wally who does not have Barry? (I Know, this phrase is horrible), I don't mean to his personality or his powers, I talk about his actions, Why they deserve the mantle of Flash?

Thanks for your time.

#6 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastsonofkrypton: well its said above when i read barry i snore but when i read wally i sometimes laugh and get more interested and invested but cause i love his personality plus he has'es a whole lot of overpowerd powers

#7 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Barry but I like Wally a lot.Barry is such a down to earth guy and some complain that he's boring, but I like the fact that he's just a genuinely good person

#9 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: being a good person does not make for an interesting character in fact it does'nt make the character interesting at all just a snooz fest of a character

#10 Edited by TheLastSonOfKrypton (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe So...Wally has a best personality but who is best hero o has best comics?

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Barry.

#13 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastsonofkrypton: no he also hases the best storys due to his long run as the flash was longer

#14 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (661 posts) - - Show Bio

prefer barry, wally fans patience is a virtue. just wait it out im sure hes going to be back sooner rather than later

edit: to those saying barry is boring do you actually buy and read the book or just talk out the side of your mouth? each month the flash is a fun read if your not reading it tsk tsk missing out

#15 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Cool story bro. Should probably stop declaring your opinions as facts though

#16 Posted by TheLastSonOfKrypton (139 posts) - - Show Bio

For now, Barry wins. He has most fans than I thought.

#17 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgreenlantern: i do read on him but only for the story and hopes that wally returns thd storys great and all but i know for a fact the barry allen is probly the most boringest superhero in comicA

#18 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: its not fact? how may i ask is it not fact?

#19 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: You don't know the difference between opinion and fact?Wow...

Saying that Barry is a boring character is your opinion. It's how you perceive him but it's not documented truth.

#20 Posted by HumanRocket (9307 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a wally fan but now I'm on the side of Barry.

#21 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheLastSonOfKrypton (139 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by MaccyD (5110 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen: Unlike Wally he's plagued by tragedy which has made him borderline obsessive when dealing with crime/criminals. He's also had most of his life manipulated by Eobard Thawne, the best of all the Flash villains imo. Plus he's a CSI, a heroic personality similar to Superman and the first major superhero to die (well dead for a long time anyway). Did I mention Professor Zoom? :p

#24 Posted by w0nd (4045 posts) - - Show Bio

I like new 52 barry he and Hal have a good dynamic. I probably only liked Wally because of his JLA JLU incarnation.

#25 Posted by jimmyshorioni (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Barry Allen: Unlike Wally he's plagued by tragedy which has made him borderline obsessive when dealing with crime/criminals. He's also had most of his life manipulated by Eobard Thawne, the best of all the Flash villains imo.

Geff jons retconss

#26 Edited by MaccyD (5110 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by HumanRocket (9307 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastsonofkrypton: reason 1 becuz of flash point. Reason 2 The reverse flash and reason 3 the new 52 flash I just started reading and I'm loving it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.