Something to think about for Flash fans :D

#1 Posted by KingNomolos (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Now i enjoy the flash, but i was thinking recently about his powers... and I have come to the realization that he doesn't fly... but I have come to the conclusion that if he wanted to he could... 
A: Run on air, barry allen can run through time, he sure as hell can run on air! 
B: He can flap his arms fast enough, sure it looks retarded but it works. 
C: He could swim through air... hell he could just kick his legs so fast that he would just soar across the world! 
 I would like to hear opinions on this, like why doesnt he fly, are there examples of him flying? Am i just down right wrong? Hook me up with your opinions!
#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart was shown to be pumping his legs and was able to stay afloat in the air while bring people down from a crumbiling building

#3 Edited by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingNomolos: if the speed force protects the flashes from air friction (correction if i'm wrong?). what is he running on exactly or treading as redk mentioned? 

edit: should be moved to flash forums.
#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I just imagined a dude in a Flash costume flapping his arms really really fast, lol

#5 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingNomolos said:
" Now i enjoy the flash, but i was thinking recently about his powers... and I have come to the realization that he doesn't fly... but I have come to the conclusion that if he wanted to he could... A: Run on air, barry allen can run through time, he sure as hell can run on air! B: He can flap his arms fast enough, sure it looks retarded but it works. C: He could swim through air... hell he could just kick his legs so fast that he would just soar across the world!  I would like to hear opinions on this, like why doesnt he fly, are there examples of him flying? Am i just down right wrong? Hook me up with your opinions! "
Nope. His Speed Force protection against the friction created by his movement also nullified most of his opportunities at flight. He doesn't have enough surface area on his arms to fly either. Wally can make Speed Force constructs though. 
#6 Posted by KingNomolos (119 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral:
yeah but that protection from friction should prevent the flash from running up buildings or heck wouldnt he be sliding arond all the time in a frictionless state?
#7 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash should be able to fly! :D

#8 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

These notions have been spoken of before and brought up.  Nothing new.  But I appreciate the fact that it is Flash related. 

#9 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @KingNomolos said:
" Now i enjoy the flash, but i was thinking recently about his powers... and I have come to the realization that he doesn't fly... but I have come to the conclusion that if he wanted to he could... A: Run on air, barry allen can run through time, he sure as hell can run on air! B: He can flap his arms fast enough, sure it looks retarded but it works. C: He could swim through air... hell he could just kick his legs so fast that he would just soar across the world!  I would like to hear opinions on this, like why doesnt he fly, are there examples of him flying? Am i just down right wrong? Hook me up with your opinions! "
Nope. His Speed Force protection against the friction created by his movement also nullified most of his opportunities at flight. He doesn't have enough surface area on his arms to fly either. Wally can make Speed Force constructs though.  "

Speed force constructs? Like what
#10 Posted by War Killer (19971 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't he go Red Tornado on us and spin his arms fast enough towards the ground that it could send himself flying into the air? I'm serious, lol

#11 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

yea he can. and did once on an episode of JLA

#12 Posted by virgin4life (428 posts) - - Show Bio

flash has enoguh stupid things that shouldnt work already thanks to speed force - dumbest thing in all of comics

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@virgin4life said:

flash has enoguh stupid things that shouldnt work already thanks to speed force - dumbest thing in all of comics

And thank you for your insight, virgin4life.

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@virgin4life said:

And thank you for your insight, virgin4life.

He has an awesome username, doesn't he?

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Yeah, well at least he's telling the truth...

#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: Definite points for accuracy......

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Thanks. I sure do have a talent for stating the obvious... ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.