Script For The Flash Being Written?

Posted by G-Man (30608 posts) - - Show Bio
A Flash movie is something we would all love to see.  The last we heard was Warner Bros. was putting all superhero movies on hold, most likely so they could make a big plan to create a cohesive universe.  IESB is reporting they know with 100% certainty that a script is being written by Dan Mazeau.

Just because a script is being written doesn't mean we'd see the movie come to life any time soon.  We can hope.  The question is, which Flash would we see, Barry Allen, Wally West or both?  Who would you like to see?  What villains would be good for the big screen? 
Staff Online
#1 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be bad!.......I hope that it's great though....I think all of these pretty much need to be origins to make sense as a stand alone movie....but IDK.

Villain: Mirror Master!

#2 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I would LOVE to see a Flash movie!  Hawk is right; WB should do origin movies of each character.      While many comic book readers are familiar with a lot of the history of the characters and story lines, a movie needs to appeal to a wide audience.  While Barry and Jay are favorite characters, I think it'd be best to either leave them out, and just  use Wally West. 

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12445 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Barry should be the Flash in the movie, because I am not sure that they could use Wally without introducing the Crisis on Infinite Earths.. And the villains should definitely be the Rogues. Zoom would probably work well if only one villain could be used. I think that only a small portion of the movie would have to be devoted to origins, and much of that could be done in flashback.

#4 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CRAP.

That'd be fantastic. But, I'm almost nervous about it (if they decide to make it anyway).

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say that i hope they use Wally (being my favorite flash) but i just don't see how they will do it without telling barry's story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.