Rumor Time: Could Bradly Cooper Play the Flash?

• 79 results
Posted by inferiorego (22468 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Deadline, two big scripts will be ready sooner than you think: Green Lantern 2 and the Flash. Warner Brothers is really trying to push out these films, most likely to compete with Marvel Studios who is putting out movie after movie based on their characters.

Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green are both writing the script and they say they'll have a polished script done by the holiday. At the same time, the treatment for Green Lantern 2, even though the film isn't even out yet, should also be completed by Christmas. Isn't it a little early? 

However, MovieHole, made a pretty good point recently about who could play The Flash in the upcoming film. Before Ryan Reynolds was cast for the role as Hal Jordan, Bradley Cooper, most famously from the Hangover, was up for that role. Ryan ended up getting the part and that was that. Warner Brothers and Cooper seemingly have a good relationship and maybe they could bring in Cooper as Barry Allen. Keep your eyes peeled the next couple of weeks because I have a feeling this rumor will spread like wildfire. And even though The Flash film doesn't even have a director as of now, Cooper playing the character is completely plausible.

If you remember a few years back, Ryan Reynolds was rumored to play The Flash when the idea for the film was first being tossed around. I, personally, thought this was a great idea, but was fine when he finally got the role as Hal. Cooper is a lot of fun to watch on the screen, and I think he could bring that fun energy to the Flash. What do you guys think? Would Bradly work as the Flash? Who would you like to see play the Flash?
Staff
#1 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

If he plays the Flash I will kill myself.
#2 Posted by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

He's going to do his Batman voice at the audition.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (22468 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
" If he plays the Flash I will kill myself. "
Please don't do that. I would be eternally sad.
Staff
#4 Posted by juniorlhulk (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: lol
#5 Posted by kungnima (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont read Flash so I don't know if he could pull it off, but I like him alot!

#6 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer him as Wally... But I can see it happening. I'm quite fond of Cooper, although I do still wish he got The Hawkeye role that was rumored.

#7 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7: 
I agree.
#8 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him as the Flash more than I would have as Green Lantern.

#9 Posted by DeadlyWolverine (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd definitely give him my vote as the Flash. :P 

#10 Posted by paisan13 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant think of any other actor that would fit the mold better, so my vote goes to this guy ^_^

#11 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he possibly could.  He would be a good Barry actually. 

#12 Posted by Sarpio__ (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes please. :)

#13 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we get to see Jay Garrick in the Flash movie cause he is my favorite Flash.

#14 Posted by The Cyan Lantern (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds as on screen BFF's

#15 Posted by Planewalker (325 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Flash is Wally then yes if it is Barry then no

#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

He could be.

#17 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you know - How Ryan Reynolds got the Green Lantern role (LINK):

Both Ryan Reynolds and producer Donald De Line admitted that the finalists (including Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto), had to endure two separate screen tests with one important stipulation. “We found out that the studio executives always want to see the guy in the mask,” said De Line, “and Ryan looks really good in the mask.”

“There was a Cinderella element to it,” admitted Reynolds. “We have these things on our industry called a lifecast, and it’s a mold of an actor’s head and you can build a prosthetic around that. You can do anything with that, and obviously, Peter [Sarsgaard] did one for his prosthetics in the film. The effects house that was asked to make the Green Lantern mask had no idea who was auditioning, but they arbitrarily chose my head from the vast catalogue of actors’ heads to build the mask around. When I showed up to the set [for a screen test], my mask fit a little bit better than it did in, the other's auditions."    
#18 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm game and Get JJ Abrams to direct it.

#19 Posted by bobtv (81 posts) - - Show Bio

For me the only thing that matters  is that the movie's Flash has to be Barry Allen. 

Did You know this to are doing a movie together, being the sons of retired cops in a long lineage of crimefighters (or somein' like that), with cooper doing the flash, I would be interesting to watch a little crossover in their superheroe movies  movies. 

Now imagine them with their respective suits, hehe.

#20 Posted by wolfman_beast (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they have good chemistry but personally i would have Cooper as Hal and Reynolds as Wally simply because reynolds is much more layed back and seems better as the flash, to me atleast

#21 Posted by batcurls (5 posts) - - Show Bio

He's is Funny :D

#22 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeadlyWolverine said:
" I'd definitely give him my vote as the Flash. :P  "
#23 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Until now, hadn't really given a lot of speculation to which actor would be able to portray The Flash, whether its as Barry Allen or Wally West.  I'm one of the few who has not seen much of this actor, but all I ever read are positive comments about him.  Regarding his physical appearance, at least, I don't see why he couldn't do the role.   

I just hope they...speed...things up and get The Flash movie underway!  Just to add, no I've no idea what it takes to get a movie script complete but seriously, it doesn't seem like rocket science to get one complete and by Christmas of this year doesn't sound like a bad projection date for the GL 2 movie.  These blasted stories and character bios already exist in the form of comics, plenty of reference material, basically already written.
#24 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him playing Wally, but I'm not sure about Barry.  Then again, I think Ryan Reynolds is all wrong for Hal Jordan, too, so what the hell do I know?

#25 Posted by SupremoMaximo (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Approved

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Bradley Cooper should DEFINITELY play Barry Allen in the Flash movie! I'm SOOO psyched for this!!! =D

#27 Posted by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOO I don't want Bradly Cooper to be The Flash! he's so not him!

#28 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:

" "

i seriously don't approve at all!!! Bradly Copper doesn't have The Flash looks or even for Wally or Barry!!! and he's acting isn't that great!, someone else should be The Flash, and thank god this a rumor....
#30 Edited by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Michael Rosenbaum as The Flash!

#31 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:
film scripts are not easy to write. The ones that get rushed out are the movies everyone on sites like this is complain about how crappy a movie is. They have to take time and some effort needs to be put into it. 

Just look at the difference between The Dark Knight and lets say X-Men Origins: Wolverine. 

While both are decent and enjoyable. The Dark Knight is a more superior film. More time was spent on and the characters were larger than life. You were also not bombarded with characters as well.  

Were as Wolverine had way to many characters, reshoots, very stale scenes.
#32 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before... on this site even... & i'll say it again. This man.... Neal McDonough... should play the Flash.

#33 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley is alright  Mat

But I think Ryan Kwanten from True Blood who plays Jason Stackhouse would be a much better Flash (Wally West) 

#34 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhhhhhh not really. He's too old now. Reynolds is a good Hal Jordan. But i feel like we need someone younger and fresher for the flash

#35 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@chalkshark:
I always thought Neal would make a great Adam Strange. 

Even though I would still like to see John Wesley Shipp return to play Barry Allen again. Neal could make a really good Barry Allen.
#36 Posted by WonderRider (27 posts) - - Show Bio

He is so gaaayyyy

#37 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain: Hadn't thought of it, but McDonough would make for a pretty cool Adam Strange. Hell, Adam Strange would make for a pretty damn cool movie.  
#38 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Michael Rosenbaum idea, I just wonder what they'll do about Barry Allen is he "dead," crippled, retired (which won't last if that's the case). But in my expert opinion Bradley Cooper (or Ryan Gosling) should have been Hal and Ryan R should be Wally. But other than Michael R, Ryan Gosling, Scott Speedman (who should have been cap' n Amurica), the new captain Kirk Chris Pine or the kid from Kick-Ass Aaron Johnson they would all be a good Wally.

That's just my expert opinion...

#39 Edited by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio
@fACEmelter88 said:

" I like the Michael Rosenbaum idea, I just wonder what they'll do about Barry Allen is he "dead," crippled, retired (which won't last if that's the case). But in my expert opinion Bradley Cooper (or Ryan Gosling) should have been Hal and Ryan R should be Wally. But other than Michael R, Ryan Gosling, Scott Speedman (who should have been cap' n Amurica), the new captain Kirk Chris Pine or the kid from Kick-Ass Aaron Johnson they would all be a good Wally.  That's just my expert opinion... "

That Neal Mcnough or whatever would make a better Jay Garrick or MAYBE Barry Allen, also really hate the GL "suit," totally un-Hall AND I WANT TO SEE KYLE RAYNER WIELDING A RING
#40 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@chalkshark:
I've always wanted to see an Adam Strange or Captain Comet movie. That's what I always loved about DC was their Sci-Fi stuff . I always felt  it be would be great to see their outer space comics in the movie. Which finally we're getting with the Green Lantern & hopefully Lobo if done right.
#41 Posted by weapon154 (339 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Hahahahh... Wait seriously?
#42 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

I forget his name but the guy that plays Shawn in Psych would be perfect in my mind

#43 Posted by weapon154 (339 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: You mean James Roday?
#44 Posted by Joe_E_Nigma (43 posts) - - Show Bio

bradley cooper's kind of tall...

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually a pretty good fit... For Wally West. 

For Barry, it might need a bit more convincing. 

Either way, I'm pumped for the movie

#46 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a decent actor but i dont know about him being Flash

#47 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@weapon154:
yeah that's it. thanks
#48 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely. I think he looks great to be the Flash.
#49 Posted by applet0n (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of the Flash, but could see this working out.

#50 Posted by Danial79 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would make an awesome Flash!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.