Parallax Flash?

#1 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got the news That Parallax has invaded Barry. Wonder where Geoff Johns is goin with this stunt. What do u guys think is gonna happen? Gonna cause a lot of mass damage im guessing

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is going to be amazing.

#3 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Another horrible idea in the current volume.

#4 Posted by Lil_Cal (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to agree with Merc here. Flash isn't exactly a person that instills fear, not to mention that pic looks pretty stupid. :/ 

#5 Edited by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:

" Wonder where Geoff Johns is goin with this stunt."

I dunno... Barry as Black Flash / Death didn't really go anywhere and Parallax's possessions of late have been less impressive / significant than its debut by far. 

Sure, the potential for havoc is high, but I wouldn't bet on the transformation lasting more than even one whole issue.

It might just be another costume change to justify yet another toy / t-shirt (where all the real money is).  In less than two dozen appearances, Barry has been Black Flash, Blue Lantern, White Lantern, and now Parallax.... five costumes (original plus transformations) and five different toys in under 3 years.
#6 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mainline:  Yea good point...I just hope they dont make him a weak ass parallax..cause from what i know about Hal Jordan as Parallax, he was a beast
#7 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that Hal is going to embrace Ion by the end of this..which is lame.

#8 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" I have a feeling that Hal is going to embrace Ion by the end of this..which is lame. "
Whys that?
#9 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" I have a feeling that Hal is going to embrace Ion by the end of this..which is lame. "
Whys that? "
Because I just can't see Hal with Ion. Kyle is the Ion, and giving Hal the symbiote is unnecessary and just more of Johns' crush for Hal.
#10 Edited by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc:
hahah So how do u think that would Match up. Parallax flash vs ION Hal. Probly Hal lol. But yea i can see what u mean
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Another horrible idea in the current volume. "
@Sexy Merc said:
@Sexy Merc said:
" @TheFlash4740 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Whys that? "
Because I just can't see Hal with Ion. Kyle is the Ion, and giving Hal the symbiote is unnecessary and just more of Johns' crush for Hal. "
Hugs Sexy Merc. Couldn't agree more, mate. Kyle is the Torchbearer, being Ion is a part of that. I really didn't like Barry becoming possessed by Parallax tbh. I thought it came off as really gimmicky. On top of that, it seems like Johns is having all of the DCU's best heroes be possessed by Parallax in order to justify Hal's possession. First Kyle, now Barry, I wonder how long it will be before Supes gets taken over.
#12 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Turning Barry into Parallax was a terrible idea, it overall felt forced and gimmicky with its only purpose was to make Hal Jordan look good. -__-

#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

Making Parallax a yellow space cockroach was a terrible idea.....

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

Having Hal Jordan possessed by Parallax and turning him into a mass-murdering supervillain was a terrible idea...

#15 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Onemoreposter said:

Having Hal Jordan possessed by Parallax and turning him into a mass-murdering supervillain was a terrible idea...

He wasn't possessed by anything. He took the name Parallax (meaning more or less, another point of view) for himself. He didn't plan to "kill" anyone as he had power to resurrect every life he ended. Zero Hour was a beautiful story. A man completely scorned by those he served for years looses everything and becomes determined to gain the powers to change/remake anything and everything. Hal was always motivated by a want to right grievous wrongs. His motives were altruistic till the end. There was alot going on there. If a man has the power of god does that make him god? Would the most "perfect" ending justify the most dire of means? Is a hero no longer a hero because his methods are no longer in line with those of his peers? Does power corrupt and ultimate power corrupt ultimately? What is corruption?

But fanboy's couldn't comprehend/accept a classic/popular hero in the role of a villain and so DC tried to apologize for the story for years, through a Spectre of "redemption" (give me a break), and ultimately through a yellow space cockroach retcon.

Even if the story was bad, and everyone is entitled to feel how they do about it, the retcons to the GLC mythos which followed were far worse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.