OMG SUPERMAN IS #1 ON THE SUPERSPEED!!!!

#1 Posted by Wally Flash (4 posts) - - Show Bio

oh come on people! i went to the powers list and under superspeed superman is first!!!!! we all know thats Bull$#!t The Flash is the fastest of all Superheros. I mean if people like superman more ok thats fine but there aint no way in hell he is faster than The Flash. i know that it changes one day Flash is #1 then Superman but GET REAL PEOPLE THE FLASH IS WAY FASTER! Weather u like it or Not!

#2 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash isn't number one in speed and its all fan votes and doesn't acutally prove anything anyways.

#3 Posted by Rodney Skinner (85 posts) - - Show Bio

there are so many stupid complaints about the ranking that I don't see why it still exists on this site anyway

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a thread, pinned and locked explaining to people how the rankings are for FUN and purely based on fan votes. There's no statistical evidence involved in the process.
Post Edited:2008-02-25 00:09:05

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"There should be a thread, pinned and locked explaining to people who the rankings are for **FUN** and purely based on fan votes. There's no statistical evidence involved in the process."
Says you! Spidey could so beat the One-Above-All:P
#6 Posted by Rodney Skinner (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"There should be a thread, pinned and locked explaining to people who the rankings are for **FUN** and purely based on fan votes. There's no statistical evidence involved in the process."

exactly, especially since everyone who complains does not realize that if all was ranked properly their characters would be nowhere near the top anyway

#7 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides, Zoom is much faster than Flash. ;)

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally Flash says:

"The Flash is the fastest of all Superheros. "

A. You're a Fanboy.

B. Silver Surfer's faster.

C. So is the Runner.

D. Get off our website.

#9 Posted by Rodney Skinner (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Wally Flash says:

A. You're a Fanboy.

B. Silver Surfer's faster.

C. So is the Runner.

D. Get off our website."

you forgot Makkari...and the other dozens of heroes faster than the Flash

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Rodney Skinner says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Wally Flash says:
A. You're a Fanboy. B. Silver Surfer's faster. C. So is the Runner. D. Get off our website."
you forgot Makkari...and the other dozens of heroes faster than the Flash"

I'm not writing down everybody who's faster than Flash. I don't have that kind of time, patience or knowledge.

#11 Posted by Rodney Skinner (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Rodney Skinner says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Wally Flash says:
A. You're a Fanboy. B. Silver Surfer's faster. C. So is the Runner. D. Get off our website."
you forgot Makkari...and the other dozens of heroes faster than the Flash"

I'm not writing down everybody who's faster than Flash. I don't have that kind of time, patience or knowledge."

I know, I was just saying that the Flash is FAR from the fastest

#12 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally Flash says:

"oh come on people! i went to the powers list and under superspeed superman is first!!!!! we all know thats Bull$#!t The Flash is the fastest of all Superheros. I mean if people like superman more ok thats fine but there aint no way in hell he is faster than The Flash. i know that it changes one day Flash is #1 then Superman but GET REAL PEOPLE THE FLASH IS WAY FASTER! Weather u like it or Not!"

1 Most of the superman vs Flash races has have flash beat superman by a little

2 The voting is a popularity contest (Basically)

3 There are other people who are indeed faster then the Flash.

#13 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

What does the "Z" stand for?

#15 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Zoom. :-)

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Get over it!!!

==============

Gambit was at number 1 for the blast power for ages...

then Hulk was Number one for Strength for a few months...

it's all done on fanboy's doing stupid battles on the site over, and over, and over...

M

#17 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally Flash says:

"umm i have seen great responses to this topic. thankz but when you guys say faster. in what way do u mean? silver surfer faster? lol i dont think so. yes i do believe if it was a distance race then maybe the flash wouldnt win. but when the flash picks up to much speed he time travels so thats one of the reason he cant win all races."
There are many characters who are many times faster than the Flash. Flash may be the fast Earth based hero, but thats about it.
#18 Posted by Wally Flash (4 posts) - - Show Bio

umm i have seen great responses to this topic. thankz but when you guys say faster. in what way do u mean? silver surfer faster? lol i dont think so. yes i do believe if it was a distance race then maybe the flash wouldnt win. but when the flash picks up to much speed he time travels so thats one of the reason he cant win all races.

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"There are many characters who are many times faster than the Flash. Flash may be the fast Earth based hero, but thats about it."

He's not even that...

i can site several references with pictures where Max Mercury outran Wally West...

M

#20 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

people in the future....they found a way to go infinitely faster the speed of light

#21 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Nobody says:
"There are many characters who are many times faster than the Flash. Flash may be the fast Earth based hero, but thats about it."
He's not even that... i can site several references with pictures where Max Mercury outran Wally West... M "
So there:P
#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
He's not even that... i can site several references with pictures where Max Mercury outran Wally West... M "
So there:P"

Also Zoom is at least 5 times faster than any Flash...

even Wally West

that's cannon information

M

#23 Posted by Dorian Gray (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
So there:P "

yeah the Flash can only go at like 750mph...even Quicksilver is faster than that and he's a slow speedster

#24 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Nobody says:
"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
Also Zoom is at least 5 times faster than any Flash... even Wally West that's cannon information M"
I didn't think Zoom actually had Speed. I thought he slowed time down around him which made him appear faster. I may have him mixed up though.
#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Dorian Gray says:

"yeah the Flash can only go at like 750mph...even Quicksilver is faster than that and he's a slow speedster"

um, no...

Wally West was clocked at about 3 times the speed of light in recent issues...

M

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"I didn't think Zoom actually had Speed. I thought he slowed time down around him which made him appear faster. I may have him mixed up though."

Not sure, i know he kicked the crap out of Wally and Wonder Woman before they could even move...

M

#27 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

did you know that scientists found out that there are particles capable of traveling infinitely faster than light? it's true so flash is not the fastest unless he obtains this particle

#28 Posted by Dorian Gray (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Dorian Gray says:
"yeah the Flash can only go at like 750mph...even Quicksilver is faster than that and he's a slow speedster"
um, no... Wally West was clocked at about 3 times the speed of light in recent issues... M"

really? I thought it was stated earlier that if they reached lightspeed they are absorbed by the Speed Force

also, I think it should be specific which Flash this discussion is about since they range in speed by quite A LOT

#29 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Dorian Gray says:

"really? I thought it was stated earlier that if they reached lightspeed they are absorbed by the Speed Force"

That was the old rule, that nothing in the DCU could exceed the Speed of Light...

it was receded just before Infinite Crisis for plot reasons

M

#30 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Dorian Gray says:
"really? I thought it was stated earlier that if they reached lightspeed they are absorbed by the Speed Force"

That was the old rule, that nothing in the DCU could exceed the Speed of Light...

it was receded just before Infinite Crisis for plot reasons

M

"

until we as humans travel faster than light

#31 Posted by Dorian Gray (249 posts) - - Show Bio

but can't one of the Flashes (likely Garrick) only run at 750mph...I seem to remember that number somewhere in their speeds

#32 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Dorian Gray says:

"but can't one of the Flashes (likely Garrick) only run at 750mph...I seem to remember that number somewhere in their speeds"

yeah, Garrick is about at that speed now

M

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Dorian Gray says:

"but can't one of the Flashes (likely Garrick) only run at 750mph...I seem to remember that number somewhere in their speeds"
One of them had superspeed before having access to the Speed Force. But once they gained access to the Speed Force they were at the normal flash speeds.
#34 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
Also Zoom is at least 5 times faster than any Flash... even Wally West that's cannon information M"
I didn't think Zoom actually had Speed. I thought he slowed time down around him which made him appear faster. I may have him mixed up though. "

Which is essentially the exact same thing as super speed.

But yeah, you're thinking of Zoom, who is so fast Wally West can't see him unless Zoom purposely slows down and lets him (which is most but not all of the time). Wally can't see Zoom clearly when Jay and Bart lend him their speed. Add Jessie and Wally can see Zoom clearly but he's still slower.

Even if you threw out everybody who wasn't dc or even who had never appeared in Flash's book, Wally still isn't even close to the fastest man alive.

And yeah, I'll echo the sentiment that people should get over the ratings. Then again, I'm not sure what purpose the ratings have since they are so far off. They look cool and all but it basically just shows you the most popular character who is fast, the most popular character who is strong, the most popular character with a blast, etc.

#35 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with Superman being #1 in Super speed.He's obviously the first hero in the DC Universe to have the power of Super Speed.He can already travels faster than the fastest bullet which is(1500 m/s)long before Jay even shows up.
Post Edited:2008-03-04 06:16:54

#36 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the ranking's are so fked up on this Website. Hulk is like #1 for strength, So stupid.

#37 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom says:

"Nobody says:
"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
I didn't think Zoom actually had Speed. I thought he slowed time down around him which made him appear faster. I may have him mixed up though. "

Which is essentially the exact same thing as super speed.

But yeah, you're thinking of Zoom, who is so fast Wally West can't see him unless Zoom purposely slows down and lets him (which is most but not all of the time). Wally can't see Zoom clearly when Jay and Bart lend him their speed. Add Jessie and Wally can see Zoom clearly but he's still slower.

Even if you threw out everybody who wasn't dc or even who had never appeared in Flash's book, Wally still isn't even close to the fastest man alive.

And yeah, I'll echo the sentiment that people should get over the ratings. Then again, I'm not sure what purpose the ratings have since they are so far off. They look cool and all but it basically just shows you the most popular character who is fast, the most popular character who is strong, the most popular character with a blast, etc."

I think Bart Allen should be at 1st, he's faster than Zoom.

#38 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Slayer is faster then Zoom, OR Barry Allen.

ANGEL OF DEATH!

#39 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is also the Second top most powerful character. Get over it.

#40 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be on top of the hottie list...but most powerful? C'mon, people, that is for Animal Man!

#41 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"Zoom says:
"Nobody says:
"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
"Methos says:
"Nobody says:
Which is essentially the exact same thing as super speed. But yeah, you're thinking of Zoom, who is so fast Wally West can't see him unless Zoom purposely slows down and lets him (which is most but not all of the time). Wally can't see Zoom clearly when Jay and Bart lend him their speed. Add Jessie and Wally can see Zoom clearly but he's still slower. Even if you threw out everybody who wasn't dc or even who had never appeared in Flash's book, Wally still isn't even close to the fastest man alive. And yeah, I'll echo the sentiment that people should get over the ratings. Then again, I'm not sure what purpose the ratings have since they are so far off. They look cool and all but it basically just shows you the most popular character who is fast, the most popular character who is strong, the most popular character with a blast, etc."
I think Bart Allen should be at 1st, he's faster than Zoom."

Since when?

Zoom utterly beat him down and then randomly Zoom got KOed. Like he had hit Bart about 10 times more than Bart had hit him and the author when "Uh....fight's over. Bart wins."

I mean, I was confused. I didn't understand why Zoom fell down.

But even in that issue, Bart was not faster than Zoom at all. Zoom has already been shown to be faster than all the keystone based speedsters combined. Bart had the speedforce to himself. Great. That still isn't faster than Zoom.

#42 Posted by Father Michael (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give the intergallactic speed, there may be others who can travel faster than the Flash. However, (and I know this is DCU) the Flash mainlines the force that gives all speed, and when he runs too fast, he gets absorbed, or becomes the Avatar of Speed. I would argue that the Flash is the fastest, but only at the risk of his own mortality.

#43 Edited by RageOfTheGods (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Its fan based obviously........Wally is probably the Fastest Dude right now...............

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.