New Favorite Artist

Posted by forthegreatergood (127 posts) - - Show Bio

My jaw dropped the first time I saw a Francis Manapul comic. It all started when I went to Borders to pick up a Brightest Day comic and saw it. The Flash, written by Geoff Jones and drawn by Manapul - truthfully I was stunned! I quickly opened it up and gazed at the scenes. I noticed something, he isn't like all artists - he uses an ink wash to do details giving it a 'watercolor' effect. Most of it was used on buildings and surroundings and not Flash himself. Thats why its so special, comic artists today changing up things to make everything seem so cooler. And thats it for today, check up tommorow. And a got a question for you, whose your favorite artist and why? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.