New director for Flash movie

#1 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

So it looks like Shawn Levy from Night at the Museum is the new director. He also did Cheaper by the Dozen and one episdoe of Birds of Prey (oh boy). I don't know. It's too bad David Goyer is off the film. With DC getting rid of Joss Whedon and Goyer, what are they thinking?

An early rumor was Ryan Reynolds playing Wally. That'd I'd wanna see.

Staff
#2 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to say it but I'll probably pass this movie up. Just don't find any of the Flashes to be very interesting. Unless they make the character somewhat down to earth. That would perk my interest. And the only villian that seems remotely intersting is the Reverse Flash.

#3 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what would attract more viewers, The Flash or Iron Fist movie ?

#4 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

The Voidwalker says:

"I wonder what would attract more viewers, The Flash or Iron Fist movie ?"

hmmm good question

#5 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

If i'm not mistaken (probably am) but I think they're getting the same guy who played Toad in the 1st X-men movie to play Rand.

#6 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

The Voidwalker says:

"If i'm not mistaken (probably am) but I think they're getting the same guy who played Toad in the 1st X-men movie to play Rand."

Yea I've heard that too. Should be interesting IF the movie gets made.

#7 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh we kinda strayed way off topic, sorry G-Man, i'd probably go see the Flash movie though, more to see who he fights than to see him in action.
Post Edited:2007-02-06 20:56:14

#8 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

No apologese needed. I just don't know how the movie will be. And with Goyer off, I really don't have too high of hopes. But again, I'd love for Ryan Reynolds to be in it.

Staff
#9 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#10 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

ha ha...sorry.

Staff
#12 Posted by The Flash is fast (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they are thinking pretty standard movie business stuff

#13 Posted by Dr_Gee (83 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"So it looks like Shawn Levy from Night at the Museum is the new director. He also did Cheaper by the Dozen and one episdoe of Birds of Prey (oh boy). I don't know. It's too bad David Goyer is off the film. With DC getting rid of Joss Whedon and Goyer, what are they thinking?An early rumor was Ryan Reynolds playing Wally. That'd I'd wanna see."

for some reason i can't picture reynolds playing wally and yes what was DC thinking..but i'd still go check out the movie

#14 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds is hilarious. He was the only reason I watched Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place, (well Nathan Fillion was good too). He could've pulled off Wally.

Funny thing, in some countries, Flash is known as Flush Man...

Staff
#15 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Guys and a Girl (With or without a Pizza Place) was a work of art on par with the Sistine Chapel, and you'd do well to show it the proper respect.

Man, you haters with your hating...

#16 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, where's the dvd set?

Staff
#17 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#18 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Ryan Reynolds is hilarious.... He could've pulled off Wally.

That just sounds sick.

Staff
#19 Posted by Dr_Gee (83 posts) - - Show Bio

i never knew flash was also known as the flush man..reynolds probably can pull of wally i also thought cage wouldn't be able to pull of ghost rider but he did a pretty good job

#20 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I really need people to stop saying that Ryan Reynolds could "pull off" Wally. I just need you to stop.

Staff
#21 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

He was pretty buff in Blade 3. But yeah, we gotta stop getting RedLAMP all excited.

Loved name tag in Blade 3 though. Only Ryan Reynolds could pull that off.

Staff
#22 Posted by Dr_Gee (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"I really need people to stop saying that Ryan Reynolds could "pull off" Wally. I just need you to stop."

Reynolds can pull off wally...

#23 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

If Flash is done with the same care for special effects as the matrix,spiderman,and hulk and the same focus of characterization as Batman begins, but with a different feel. Flash may be one of the best superhero movies ever made. And Ryan Reynolds coul pull off Wally in my opinion:)

#24 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not even getting my hopes up. That way I won't be as disappointed if it comes out bad. It'd be a shame. It hasn't started production yet, as far as I know but still has a 2008 release date.

Staff
#25 Posted by Planewalker (326 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree ryan reynolds or a unknown actor with a good script and a nice budjet it would work

#26 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i think Ryan Reynolds would make a great Wally West he has the kind of humour, cockiness and sometimes serious.

I can't wait for The Flash movie but i'm not too sure whether the Director will be any good.

#27 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how any director could mess this up.

All you need is.

Funny punchlines,

lots of superspeed action,

imaginative fight scenes,

an explosion in an office building and the flash gets everyone out 1 at a time AS it's exploding.

That'd be awesome.

Please let this be a good movie! He's my second favourite hero!

#28 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

did they make it yet?

#29 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

can some one post a trailer if they can find it

#30 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even know if they've started filming yet. I haven't even heard if anyone's been cast for any roles. imdb has pretty much nothing.

Staff
#31 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

whats the superhero movie will smith is filming? is it an actual comic character?

#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I don't even know if they've started filming yet. I haven't even heard if anyone's been cast for any roles. imdb has pretty much nothing."

they haven't started filming yet and as far as I know there haven't been cast auditions maybe this is like superman's sequel that was put back because of the JLA movie and beside along with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman flash is the only confirmed character

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.