More 'Flash' News!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash: Secret Files #1 hits stores in March 2010

So after the big announcement about the BRIGHTEST DAY: FLASH ongoing that will be written by Geoff Johns and penciled by Francis Manapul, I have to admit, I got really excited to see what these guys have in store for us! We asked artist Francis Manapul what he thinks about the team-up and what fans can expect from the upcoming series, and I could tell he was excited!

The new Flash ongoing series is going to be insane! Geoff has crafted a fantastic story that reintroduces Barry Allen not just to the DCU but to new readers as well. It will be very accessible but plenty of new things for current fans of the book. We're working really hard to try and present his speed in new and interesting ways. But our main focus is on Barry's characterization and really developing his supporting casts, as well as the city he protects. I can't really say more about the story other than it's title for the first arc “The Dastardly Death of the Rogues!” I hope you guys join us for the ride!

Prior to the release of the upcoming BRIGHTEST DAY: FLASH, DC will release Flash: Secret Files #1 in March 2010, which they released images of back in December and you can check out below. Are you guys as excited as Francis about the upcoming FLASH books?

#1 Edited by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I just love Francis Art, it calls out to me like a goddess sending wisdom into my ears.But enough about ears,I am saying that I can not wait to see thses two great men doing what they love most and combining together.Its like "making a cake,and eating it too".Brightest day:Flash will be the very first Titles of Brightest day That I will be geting as soon as it releases.I LOVE FRANCIS's ART!! I want to draw like him one day.I miss them in Action comics,hope they come back to it.^^

#2 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still mad that they left Adventure Comics

#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait for brightest day, blackest night has been the best event in recent comics history, and i hope the follow up will live up to it.
#4 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I'm really hoping they come back to it. They make an awesome team ^_^
#5 Edited by Fastback (110 posts) - - Show Bio

oh no, "death of rogues", they're half the reason Flash is my second favorite character (the originals, the ones that where bright colored suits and just want money and you can't take them too seriously, hate the new ones like murmur and tar pit they're too dark for flash). Of course i'm not going to jump to conclusions though, it could turn out awesome and revive dead rogues like golden glyder and captain boomerang.

#6 Edited by Final Draft85 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I feel the same way you do about Geoff & Francis leaving Adventure Comics, but I am however looking forward to their Flash run. Do you know who writer & artist are that will be taking over Adventure Comics? 
#7 Posted by touch37 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, yes. I am looking forward to this comic in a way that I have never looked forward to a comic before. Still pissed about the Kid Flash ongoing being cancelled, though.
#8 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

This week's Adventure Comics was spectacular.

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Draft85 said:
"
@danhimself: I feel the same way you do about Geoff & Francis leaving Adventure Comics, but I am however looking forward to their Flash run. Do you know who writer & artist are that will be taking over Adventure Comics?  "
After they leave there is one Blackest Night issue written by Bedard, then Robinson ( Superman), Gates (Supergirl) and Trautmann (co-writer of Action Comics) will be co-writing for an arc named "Brainiac and the legion of Superheroes." I don't remember the artists of neither run though.

After that Phil Jimenez is returning to the comic and making the Legion the main feature of the comic. No artist announced

@touch37 said:
" Okay, yes. I am looking forward to this comic in a way that I have never looked forward to a comic before. Still pissed about the Kid Flash ongoing being cancelled, though. "

Not cancelled, but on hold. Which is something I understand considering that the creative team hadn't even started working on it and wouldn't be able to meet the May release date
#10 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Manapul is a great artist. Cool cover.

#11 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

man. looks like their dropping the bow-tie. First the pocket protector, then the taped bi-focals, and now the bow-tie. sigh.... guess there's just no place in the world anymore for the "nerd gear" of the past....

#12 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns is dc's Bendis. except with the bad writing decline..just ridiculous retcons

#13 Edited by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:

" Geoff Johns is dc's Bendis. except with the bad writing decline..just ridiculous retcons "

True that.

That's what annoys me about him. At least Bendis I can hate with impunity. Johns I hate, but I still read it because it's actually good.
#14 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm def interested in this and that cover is just gorgeous.

#15 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to reading this!

#16 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...you mean Flash: Secret Files 4? 

Tell me they aren't rebooting a series that only comes out once every 5 or so years anyway and only got up to 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.