Joel McHale for Flash live action film!

#1 Posted by thechessclub (497 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Ryan Reynolds unfortunately got the GL role instead of the Flash I've been scratching my head trying to think of another witty character to fill the potential shoes. And I think Joel McHale would be perfect. So Yeah, Lets get this ball rolling. And what do you guys and/or girls think?

P.S. If anyone has actual editing skill and wants to do a better patch job than my ms paint fiasco I implore you=]
#2 Posted by Icon (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

As Barry Allen? I don't know. I can't quite see it. :/

#3 Posted by thechessclub (497 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not as Bary Allen. Wally West for sure. I just couldn't find a pic w/ wally unveiling...

#4 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

na...I mean he can do funny well but I haven't seen him ever be serious on any level for very long so I don't think it'd work. I mean I know Flash rolls with the jokes, but there still needs to be more to the character in a movie than some good one liners.

#5 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub said:
"No, not as Bary Allen. Wally West for sure. I just couldn't find a pic w/ wally unveiling... "

agreed- Barry is a little more serious, Wally is hilarious- so Joel would be good in that sense.
#6 Posted by Britt601 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
"na...I mean he can do funny well but I haven't seen him ever be serious on any level for very long so I don't think it'd work. I mean I know Flash rolls with the jokes, but there still needs to be more to the character in a movie than some good one liners. "

I agree. If he can show some seriousness in something, then maybe he can, but as of now, eh, no.
#7 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Britt601 said:
"@Sydpart2 said:
"na...I mean he can do funny well but I haven't seen him ever be serious on any level for very long so I don't think it'd work. I mean I know Flash rolls with the jokes, but there still needs to be more to the character in a movie than some good one liners. "

I agree. If he can show some seriousness in something, then maybe he can, but as of now, eh, no. "

I agree with you, but after seeing some his work in Community I am confident that he can pull of some of those more serious moments.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.